Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ditch The Candida Forever
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 09, 2011 08:04PM

have a good day, powerlifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 09, 2011 08:10PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have a good day, powerlifer.

Cheers utopian i will try lol, our conversation is little to do with the point of this debatesmiling smiley.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:17PM

I thought I would google this to try and find the links that Powerlifer doesn't want to put up for what ever reason and guess what - I found an article that says the exact opposite to his theory.

I must say at this poimt I know nothing about candida and may well have the wrong end of the stick but this article seems to say that candida thrives in an acid environment not an alcaline one as Powerlifer suggests

[www.articlealley.com]

Date: January 12, 2011 05:42PM

Just your typical article promoting alkaline waters which actually are harmful by neutralizing stomach acid, taking the thoughts of candida out alone, neutralizing your stomach acid will create digestion problems especially with protein and the various vitamins and minerals which are acid dependent for absorption.

The funny bit about these alkalizing articles they ALWAYS promote there alkaline water, drops etc at the bottom. I dont think ive came across one site that hasnt. These sites are dangerous. I know wikipedia has the basics down for candida and gut flora so im sure that will help.

I havent read this all but seems accurate - [www.probiotic.org]

EDIT: Yes it mentions about the good bacteria and intestinal acidity to curb opportunistic pathogens. Also about the various acids these good bacteria produce such as lactic, acetic acid to achieve this etc.

There are a host of decent sites if you search google for - intestinal flora acidity.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 05:50PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 12, 2011 05:55PM

The post timed out before i could edit, this doesnt just apply to the intestine and candida overgrowth this can apply to many other areas of the body which must remain acidic or close to acidic PH to remain healthy such as the vagina.

This is why boric acid, food rich in acid producing good bacteria such as yogurt are often recommended down there for yeast infections. This is also why after anti-biotics many woman get yeast or bacterial issues down there from the good bacteria which have been killed off, which naturally keep these opportunistic pathogens in check.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 05:56PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:00PM

I must say I'm not very concerned with this issue as I don't suffer. I merely wanted to find the info which you always say is very easy to find and that was the first thing I came across. It just shows how easy it is to find inaccurate information and why it IS helpful to put up links when making your argument.

Date: January 12, 2011 06:04PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must say I'm not very concerned with this issue
> as I don't suffer. I merely wanted to find the
> info which you always say is very easy to find and
> that was the first thing I came across. It just
> shows how easy it is to find inaccurate
> information and why it IS helpful to put up links
> when making your argument.

There is always contradictory information everywhere and the acid/akaline, parasites and candida sites have to be some of the worst out there and some very dangerous. Which is why i have always said go to wikipedia which is pretty accurate and look over gut flora, the intestines etc as most of the accurate information is there and easy to find rather than these type of sites promoting products or for there own benefits.

Some of the sites are so funny that for the candida ones they talk about acidity being the cause then further down they recommend lactic acid producing bacteria as the cure lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 06:05PM by powerlifer.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables