Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Middle ear congestion HELP!
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: September 12, 2006 05:28PM

Middle ear congestion is driving me crazy!

Symptoms- fullness of both ears, with numbness, loss of hearing accompanied by sudden increase in volume, to the point that it feels that the noise is just unbearable.

Fortunately I have no pain except during thunderstorms when the pain is piercing
There appears to be no infection.

I saw the Dr today.
He confirmed that I have a thick 'gunk' behind my eardrum.

I have been building up to a totally raw diet again for a few weeks.

I am into my sixth day mainly raw.

Last time, this happened in my fifth month of totally raw and was so severe I reverted back to cooked as I just craved warm and comfort.

I ate cooked for a couple of months but have now got myself back on track.

I know its a detox symptom. I know i will have to go through it.

My eustachians may be blocked or the gunk too thick to drain.

Things I have tried so far are:

Increasing water intake, although its already high

Eustachian tube/lympatic drainage

Crainal sacral work

Essential oil inhalations of eucalyptus etc

Colloidal silver in ears and up nostrils.

Anyone else gone through this?
Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Middle ear congestion HELP!
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 13, 2006 08:40AM

Did you try hydrogen peroxide? The colloidal silver was a good choice, too.

When I had severe ear infections right after the other where fluid was in my ear, the only thing that helped after all the doctors/drugs was the hydrogen peroxide. I didn't know about colloidal silver at that time.

You are right that the mucus plus is from detox. I was surprised when I removed a round mucus plug from one of my nostrils about the size of a pearl but dense like a sponge. I could breathe better in that nostril after that. I still cannot breathe as freely from my other nostril so I guess I have the other one to look forward to. winking smiley

Releasing mucus is good as that is the toxic waste in our body dislodging itself. If the detox is too severe, incorporate a little cooked back but don't completely revert or you will have even more toxins to release rather than just slowing down the detox. (It sounds like you know this already.)

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: funky Beets ()
Date: September 15, 2006 04:10AM

Hi

I can answer this question, because I just had an 'ear colonic' due to ear wax and I have hearing aids. My ear were plugged with hard wax, so the doctor wrote a prescription for a medicine called Debrox. But I refused to use the medicine. I chose to use wheatgrass juice in an ear dropper for 3 times a day.When I came for my cleaning today , the doctor was surprised of how clean my ear were compared to last appt.But the doctor put some h2o2 and water flush the ears. I recommed that you use wheatgrass juice. My hearing is great now.

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: September 15, 2006 03:41PM

Thanks life101,

Did your ears pop and fizz with the peroxide treatment
I did stop treating them for a couple of days, just to see what happens, as i have tried lots of things in a relatively short space of time. Its just driving me crazy!

They are still in a similar state, so I might try the peroxide next.

HI funky Beets,thanks for posting. My outer ear is clean, the congested area is behind the ear drum, in the middle ear.

My father has lots of problems with ear wax, He has regular irrigation, which in turn promotes more wax.
It has become a vicious circle for him. I will pass your findings onto him. Im sure he will be keen to experiment.

Thankyou.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables