Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Depression help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2006 05:53AM

Too sad to go in to too much detail but....went on a high protine diet to lose weight - gained instead due to binge eating - similar to when I did raw - gained due to binge eating so the extremes are not working - Doc wants me to use antidepressants - I am against them I think raw is what I nedd but I do not want the rollercoaster anymore - ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Depression help
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 13, 2006 06:36AM

Perhaps the problem isn't diet, but some feeling that you don't want to feel or experience. Check out this article I wrote on Success on the raw foods diet.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 13, 2006 08:00AM

I jheard that one of the causes of depression is an imbalance of fat intake. Do you get enough omega 3 fatty acids? the body cannot produce those. Fish such as salmon is rich in omega 3 and flax seed and flax seed oil are rich in a fatty acid that becomes omega 3 in the body. Also when binge eating, what foods do you crave/ binge on?
Yes, and also if there is something in your life that you want to change and makes you sad.depressed, dealing and solving the problem will be the thing to do.
Hope this helps and hope you get better!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 13, 2006 08:23AM

Hello,

I suggest that you decide to be happy and address the issues that are causing your to binge.

Drugs typically just mask the problem rather than resolve the underlying issues.

Be easy on yourself. IMHO, You sound like you're too tough on yourself and then lose control because you've been so restrictive. Accept and love yourself as you are.

Change as your body indicates to you. Eat what you want and incorporate raw as your body tells you. The yo-yo-ing that you are doing is extreme on both ends and can be just as unhealthy as not having changed at all.

I just listened to a tape that stated that depression is passive anger or anger turned inward regarding outside issues that one doesn't have control over. The only way to address this in a mature/healthy way is to control the things that you have direct control of, i.e. yourself. Identify the issues and address them in a manner that meets your needs without hurting others.

What do you want and why? Start from there. Hope that helps. Be good to yourself/body as that is all you have.

Good luck.
Therese

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2006 08:30AM by life101.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 13, 2006 10:49AM

-When you cannot change something - acceptance and 'yes-ness' (as Eckhart Tolle puts it) is MORE important to learn.

-You cannot always help feeling bad.....but feeling bad ABOUT feeling bad is STRICTLY your decision. Learning to bring presence to your feelings.....and love....like hurt children....will go a long way to resolving those underlying emotions.....and clean up your eating.

-You can only control what you are doing....and what you are thinking. THAT is what sets the tone for your thoughts.

-Just some thoughts, which I hope are helpful. You are in my prayers (I am a religious man) and my well-wishes.

-Whether you take drugs....or eat well...or do not....make sure it is YOUR decision.

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables