Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: David Wolfe says you gotta buy ant extract and take deer placenta.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 06, 2011 11:09PM

Whoa, fresh, this is not how we talk to each other here. Take the insults out of your posts please or go away and calm down until you can speak in a civil manner. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 06, 2011 11:10PM

like when you spoke of someone being trashy?

Date: February 06, 2011 11:47PM

Discussing a photograph of a person who is not even here and saying I find that mode of dressing trashy is not the same as calling an actual person "clueless" and "a troll", criticizing their grammar to try strengthening your point or being aggressive or disrespectful when you don't agree with them. We can have arguments and discussions without getting personal. I could see this if PL was being a jerk to you but he is just disagreeing. You I see escalating in your attack on a person instead of your counter argument to the topic. Take it outside.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 07, 2011 03:50PM

calling DR a jerk, among other things, is ok then...

>Discussing a photograph of a person who is not even here and saying I find that mode of dressing trashy is not the same as calling an actual person "clueless" and "a troll"

right. it's worse.

by troll i meant someone who is not educated and not interested in being educated with respect to the topics in question on the discussion board. and i did not say he/she was a troll - i questioned IF he/she was a troll, or a serious student of health.

>, criticizing their grammar to try strengthening your point

now he/she knows something he/she might not have known before. it wasn't criticism.
feel free to correct my grammar.

> I could see this if PL was being a jerk to you

that is debatable

>your counter argument to the topic.

i posted a so called counter argument, but you deleted it.

Date: February 07, 2011 04:00PM

I am not a moderator, I don't have the power to delete posts. If it's gone it's because it was deemed inappropriate by the PTB.
Healthy debate is always welcome here, name calling and abuse are not. Nit-pickery little cut and paste arguements to somehow prove that what YOU are doing is acceptable won't get you very far either. Be nice.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:10PM

debatable what is your problem ive never even really encountered you on here and all of a sudden you've got a problem with me.

What do i need educated on then fine sir who seems to know very little from what ive seen from your posts.

I like a good debate on health like many other do on here, but you can tell who the knowledgeables are on here as they dont need to get personal and call names to get there point across, in your case you dont even have any points so i dont know what thats saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 04:14PM by powerlifer.

Date: February 07, 2011 04:14PM

Oh, you too! Cut it out! Be nice you guys, I really mean it! *angry mom voice and pose over here* grinning smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:19PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, you too! Cut it out! Be nice you guys, I
> really mean it! *angry mom voice and pose over
> here* grinning smiley

I have no beef coco like i say i dont even know why hes got a problem with me all of a sudden ive barely came across him/her on the forum. But im not away to sit and be called a troll by someone for unjustified reasons. Especially the amount of time i put into helping others around here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 04:21PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 07, 2011 06:53PM

Actually Fresh 'they are' was used correctly - they're is just the abbreviation - it means the same thing unlike your and you're which are often used incorrectly

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 08, 2011 01:52AM

Watch this vid.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: February 08, 2011 03:22AM

Fresh??? Just wondering what your agenda is? As a newbie that is.

februarygirl

Posted by: merry ()
Date: February 08, 2011 04:39AM

The whole idea of ant extract and deer placenta seems like complete madness to me - like someone has got overly obsessed with finding a magic health supplement....surely there are enough normal easy to obtain health supplements around without needing deer placenta!!!! I dont know anything about David Wolfe as I am not very into the raw food world but it sounds like he may have gone a bit crazy....
I agree with what coco said earlier about having to kill so many ants to get enough food to make it worthwhile eating them - only thing is I thought the other you could say the same thing about eating plants in one way - in their growth so many aphids, caterpillars , whitefly etc are killed to get them to adulthood...

Date: February 08, 2011 08:57AM

This is such an awesome discussion. I had no idea about all the DW stuff, all the ants and cow stuff and whatnot.

Ants!!!!!!!!!!!

No WAY!!!

This is the same guy that said there is no suffering for healing. And that was such a brilliant statement, and he's illuminated so many great vantage points on reality, and now ANTS!!!!

I just am in shock. Good ol DW is eating ants. I dont get it, and I really really REALLY want to like him and believe in him.

DW, if you are listening, I love you so so SO much, and I always will I dont care what anybody says, I know what you have done for me by being who you are, and I celebrate it.

Please don't eat ants anymore, and please dont sell ants either. If you are reading DW, I have taught my son to name the insects when we find them, and then put them outside so that they can get back to their families. I REMEMBER Zippy the ant, and his buddy Pasquel on grandma's kitchen counter. I put them outside. I felt good about myself, about life, about how the Justice would come down on me like a nice rain for doing things like putting tiny ants outside, gently. With care.

If you drop the ant thing, the cow thing, I will never bring it up, and I will never hold it against you, and I will be free to be proud of you again.

You do good things for people. I care about you. I beseech you. No more ants, please David. There are PLENTY of things to eat! There is still more vegetation to explore! Lots more! Plants we know virtually nothing about, and you could teach us all about them if you applied yourself to it. And yes, even sell them.

Love,
Sue

Date: February 08, 2011 10:18AM

David Wolfe eats more than ants believe me. Why do you think his closest business partners/assistants are staunch anti vegans??

David is a money man and knows that being too honest will kick him out of certain scenes that are lining his pockets. Im going thru some legal action with him at the moment. He sure as heck aint the spiritual poncho best day ever dude he lets on to be I can tell you that!!

I feel like a fool recommending this dude to so many people in the past.

Date: February 08, 2011 01:09PM

Sue, take what you like from his teachings but don't idolize the person, that's not fair to you or fair to him. You can't expect people to live up to your expectations and if you build your foundation on love and adoration of a person you don't even personally know you are bound to be disappointed and possibly fail because of it.
If you like things he's had to say take them and make them your own. Because he is what he is, a person with flaws and traits not everyone is going to appreciate or like. He's a business man, not your friend.

Date: February 08, 2011 05:55PM

True, but think of it as brotherly love, that interconnectedness. I think it's ok to be upset with a person you respect for not taking the responsibility that comes with being a public Voice seriously or graciously.

Don't idolize the person, well I think, without going overboard, that having personal role models is good for me. There arent a whole lot of people who seem to have something that I would like to have or be someone I would like to be like. Not like an idolatry thing, but more like a respect thing. I HAD profound respect. And in many senses still do. But ants. Jeez. Wow.

I am disappointed. I won't fail because of it, it's just kind of like the same guy who invited me onto this spacecraft just bailed in an escape pod. Why?

I do understand that he's been raw for so long, and we have seen this so many times before, they go raw, they extoll the raw benefits, they live and teach the raw life, and then however many years later they just peter out, they say I'm going to eat raw meat or raw dairy, or I'm going to go 80%, or It's not the kind of thing you can do forever, its just a healing thing, and then they dissappear from the scene.

Now I love the Butenkos. So there.

Date: February 08, 2011 06:05PM

I worked with him 10 years ago, he acted like not a very nice person then and I see him doing the same stuff now. He writes good books (well, except for the first one which was plagerized word for word from another author) and he's good at marketing. Not someone I look up to even though I met him when I was first discovering raw. Meh.

Date: February 09, 2011 06:17PM

I now meh him, too!

Sue

Date: February 10, 2011 02:52AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I worked with him 10 years ago, he acted like not
> a very nice person then and I see him doing the
> same stuff now. He writes good books (well, except
> for the first one which was plagerized word for
> word from another author) and he's good at
> marketing. Not someone I look up to even though I
> met him when I was first discovering raw. Meh.

David Wolfe didnt write any of his books single handed, John McCabe ghost authored em all.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables