Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fresh peas not good
Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: September 14, 2006 03:17PM

Green fresh peas, are they full of enzyme inhibitors? Or just the dried ones?

What does the enzyme inhibitors if we eat them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fresh peas not good
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: September 15, 2006 05:19AM

Give you a stomache ache probably.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2006 06:32AM

Personally I like peas. My man Dave grew some sugar snap ones once. Good stuff. smiling smiley

Not a staple of mine though.

Date: September 16, 2006 01:04PM

The sweet green peas (sugar snap?) is sooooo good, but if it contains enzyme inhibitors, is it so healthy as it tastes good?

Does every fresh pea, bean and lentil contain enzyme inhibitors. I am asking because when you dry them and sell them in stores, people say they contain enzyme inhibitors?

OR?

Date: September 16, 2006 02:07PM

I thought that inhibitors were in dried seeds and nuts to prevent them from sprouting and growing. If you leave green peas without refrigiration it will spoils because it has no inhibitors.

Date: September 17, 2006 08:50AM

So all peas, lentils, beans doesn't contain enzyme inhibitors?

So when you buy dried peas, lentils and beans, they keep intact thanks to the dryness, and not the inhibitors?

Date: September 17, 2006 12:54PM

There is nothing to inhibit in fresh green peas, only in dry peas
here is a definition from [www.sproutpeople.com]

Enzyme

Any of numerous proteins or conjugated proteins produced by living organisms and functioning as biochemical catalysts. All Mammals - including Human Beings - and many other living creatures, require Enzymes for ALL cellular function. No Enzymes = no life.

There is a theory which says humans have a given amount of Enzymes (like women have all their eggs at birth), that we MUST consume Enzymes to survive and prosper. Enzymes come from raw and living foods. Eating raw and living foods provides us with these vital proteins. Eating dead food uses our body's limited store of Enzymes. Eat More Sprouts!

Enzyme Inhibitor

A substance that stops an enzyme reaction. Dormant (dry) seeds remain dormant because of their Enzyme Inhibitors. Humans (and our pets - as the Bird People and the BARF (Bones And Raw Food) Dog People know) eat way too many "dead foods" - foods without Enzymes.

Once a seed soaks its Enzyme Inhibitors are no more. Soaked and Sprouted Seeds are LIVING FOOD - they contain their own Enzymes and so require none from your body - or as we say - Sprouts digest themselves.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2006 12:58PM by djatchi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables