Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Am I done with detox?
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: September 14, 2006 10:48PM

In June when I started, I lost a lot of weight. I got down to 95lbs. Now for the past month I have regained some weight up to around 100.5 pounds. So does that mean I am putting on raw weight and am done with detox? My skin is breaking out right now though, (which happens around those certain times of the month. Oh, and my dizzy spells are gone. Any thoughts, anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Am I done with detox?
Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 15, 2006 01:01AM

You're lucky. I haven't lost any weight, and I have little bumps all over my skin that won't go away. I've only been about 75 to 85% raw. Maybe that is why. Have you been 100%?

Date: September 15, 2006 02:03AM

Hi rooneyandmuldoon,

What kinds of things do you eat? Just curious. smiling smiley

Yeah, I had a lot of skin stuff go on for the past 3 months, too, not little bumps, though. Just bruises, mild rashes, and mild acne. Now I just have mild acne and the bruises are going away. Anyway, I increased my raw fruit and veggie intake a year ago, without even knowing about raw foods. When I started out I went 85-90% raw with a high fruit diet, low fat. Now for the past month I have been 100%. For me, the watery fruits really made me loose weight because a person detoxes faster with fruit. But, I have to say, I don't recommend anything anymore to anyone, because I, like you, are on a journey and fealing out what is the right thing for my body. I love what rawgosia says "Be your own guru". Lol It's the truth, though.

Date: September 15, 2006 02:26AM

I have a green smoothie (Kale, sprouts and fruit) in the AM, some fruit usually for lunch (I work in a store similar to Whole Foods, so sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I slip up and have some vegan pasta, but don't tell anybodywinking smiley, for dinner a salad every other night and a cooked food, usually some beans, every other night for my son. Also a glass of orange juice. So, not really a raw foodist, but close. The bumps are tiny, all over my face. Someone said I might be allergic to something, but I don't know what. I was eating more fat (avocadoes, olive oil, and coconut oil. Now I'm eating less fat and focussing more on fruit. May be I just need to eat MORE fruit (and quit cheating with the pasta).Thanks for asking.

Date: September 15, 2006 02:39AM

Sound like you are doing good. smiling smiley

I was just seeing if you had an allergy of some sorts since allergies occur on the raw diet. For instance my son is allergic to strawberries. BUT, you would know better than anyone on here if it is allergies or detox.

Date: September 15, 2006 03:34AM

I don't know anything...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables