Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dr Doug Graham's Amazing Fitness Video
Posted by: rawsomehealth ()
Date: February 09, 2011 10:13PM

Dr. Douglas Graham, showcasing what the 80/10/10 raw vegan lifestyle provides; life long health assurance.

The video speaks for itself.

[www.youtube.com]

GO TO HEALTH!!!

You can find more information about Dr. Doug Graham and the 80/10/10 lifestyle at www.foodnsport.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr Doug Graham's Amazing Fitness Video
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 10, 2011 02:48AM

David Wolfe and Daniel Vitalis would say that video is a hologram put out by the banana industry. Dont you love it when overweight under 40 poncho wearing business men that are self proclaimed longevity experts write off guys that are 20 years their senior and 200 times fitter and healthier? I do. winking smiley

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: February 10, 2011 04:24AM

Why would Wolfe and Vatalis make such comments. This video is just showing Graham exercising at 50+, Jack Lalanne was doing same at 90. There is a fanatic tone in some of 80/10/10 followers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 04:34AM by madinah.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:34AM

I wouldn't say it was amazing its pretty basic fitness, but there are a few moves which are pretty good like when he goes over the bar, something ive never been able to do at my age let alone his.

pretty decent for his age also when most sit sedentary.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:46AM

There's nothing there that I don't see and more at the gym. Yes he is in very good shape but so are lots of people. I know someone who teaches in circus school who is in their 60's with a standard 'healthy' diet who can do all that and more.

I'm not knocking him at all but I think that many people are very fit and athletic no matter what their diet.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 10, 2011 03:41PM

I think thats pretty fantastic and quite motivating

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 10, 2011 04:44PM

I agree that Dr. Doug's athleticism and fitness are remarkable. So are Dr. Joel Fuhrman's who is also 57. [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:04PM

Yep, of course there are plenty of people on all sorts of diets that can equal the Doc's workout. The point was... that many people don't believe that anyone can thrive on a raw vegan diet.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 14, 2011 07:20PM

Amazing at 57

Date: February 19, 2011 03:01AM

Doug doesnt do steroids, botox or have a face lift we must remember. Can anyone name an author person in the health industry that is all round fitter than Doug? I cant.

Date: February 19, 2011 03:03AM

Richard Blackman.
Storm.
Raw Model.

Just off the top of my head.

Date: February 19, 2011 03:08AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Richard Blackman.
> Storm.
> Raw Model.
>
> Just off the top of my head.

Well Storm is of comparable fitness but wouldnt beat Doug in power, endurance or agility. He is close though & another good example.

Richard Blackman: almost half Doug's age and is a breatharian? I dont take him seriously anymore.

Raw Model? He is younger than me? He can take cutting agents to get ripped for a photo shoot, I will give him that. I wouldnt put money on him to run up the same mountains Doug does. I like Anthony as a person but he aint someone I would recommend for health advice unless you want to live on chicken's livers, beer and aloe juice.

Any more coco?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 03:10AM by durianrider.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: February 19, 2011 02:02PM

I would put Storm on top

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 19, 2011 03:38PM

Anthony Anderson eats chicken livers and beer--wha?

Let's say Richard Blackman is subsisting on just air and sunshine--that's crazy impressive.

Storm is indisputably healthy.

Also . . . there are probably raw foods athletes we have never heard of that are doing their thing, happily and in obscurity, understanding that it's NOT A COMPETITION. This lifestyle is not a competition, people! smiling smiley

Date: February 20, 2011 12:21AM

Anthony Anderson says 'a vegan lifestyle is dogmatic and based on idealism'. I still think AA is a nice guy and just relaying what he says on FB.

Tamuka, NOBODY is subisting on air and sunshine! These people are just going thru an extended form of anorexia. I expect Richard will come back to earth and realise he just needs to eat enough fruit so he doesnt want to eat the other crap that makes him feel so shocking that he wants to give up on food all together.

Sorry, this IS a competition!!! A competition to save the planet! To show people that a raw/vegan lifestyle is what its going to take to do this! This IS a competition against monsanto, the animal product industries, the war machine, killing, rape and exploitation of living creatures. Are you in the race to save the planet? I am! winking smiley

If you aint heard of someone, they are just lacking confidence and vitality to get up and speak. I mean how you gonna make a difference to the voiceless if you dont ensure your voice is heard? I meditate daily and make sure my voice is heard daily and my actions seen by those that can see em. Im all about educating people about fundamental health & fitness foundations so they can spot a hoax/snakeoil dude etc a mile away.

Date: February 20, 2011 12:49AM

Richard Blackman was previously a sweet fruit fruitarian work out fiend.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 20, 2011 09:38PM

Yes, yes, durian, not in disagreement with you, just not quite so emphatic smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 02, 2015 02:23PM

It makes me sad that people here think these are miracles.

The 50s are not the waste bin.

People who take care of themselves are still active and agile.

It's a lot more rare to see this kind of thing in the 70s or 80s.

Date: January 02, 2015 02:46PM

arugula Wrote:
> It makes me sad that people here think these are
> miracles.

It is certainly nothing amazing, it is just a case of doing consistant exercise to be able to get the strength. If Doug can do it, so can many other people.

> People who take care of themselves are still
> active and agile.

My younger uncle is close to 70 and has run roughly 20 km each day of his life since around 15. He was world veteran marathon champion at one time. It's nothing amazing about what he does because he trains enough to be able to do it. He also eats very well and gets up around 4:30 - 5:00 am each morning to do his run (he loves running up hills). He is the type of person who would be more than happy to go raw vegan, but he was brought up in the old days where vegetarianism and veganism was considered not wise by the doctors. If he only had the time to do some research on diet, he would drop animal products straight away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 02:49PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 04, 2015 11:36AM

rawsomehealth Wrote:
> Dr. Douglas Graham, showcasing what the 80/10/10
> raw vegan lifestyle provides; life long health
> assurance.
>
> The video speaks for itself.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> GO TO HEALTH!!!
>
>
> You can find more information about Dr. Doug
> Graham and the 80/10/10 lifestyle at
> www.foodnsport.com

Amazing video. I will incorporate many of his routine techniques into my daily exercise.

People are so wrong about Dr. Graham
This guy is healthy.
As the saying goes, even if you do not like the hare , you have to admit that he runs faster than the tortoise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 11:47AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:21PM

RP I agree

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 25, 2015 05:17AM

That's great but Doug's body is deteriorating rapidly. This guy does even better and refuses to reain with vegans...
Ido Portal

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 25, 2015 03:27PM

NuNativs Wrote:
> That's great but Doug's body is deteriorating
> rapidly.

That is obvious. He was very lucky he was able to write and market his book before the evidence of that premature (age wise) deterioration became so inconveniently and clearly visable to viewers. rose would probably say luck had nothing to do with it - until he thought about his own case for a fleeting second on his way to other things ...

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 19, 2015 08:27AM

Suez, do you think he is in denial?

I mean, we all age. All of us.

Doug Graham is a kind man to me when I met him. I felt his energy. I heard him speak. He is a good man. He wants to help people.

What if beauty was your thoughts?
And raw veganism is a series of closed thought of sorts. It is.

WHen I got my DMV card I took someones advice, when a camera is in front of you, pretend you want to have sex with whatever camera man is behind it, and sure enough, I had a beautiful id for so long. I was so proud to show it off.

If there is a human in front of you who has a major crush on you, chances are you would find him or her attractive. Or if you meet someone who is attracted to you sexually, you might find yourself interested in them and think they are the coolest thing since sliced raw mango bread.

Then you could be really really hot and people, can totally ignore you. Because of your own vanity or manners.

When I met Doug Graham there was good emotion on both sides. I will never forget how good it felt to speak to him. He has a passion. This is his job. Imagine that, doing what you love.

There are things we like to explain, but cant. Like why would he age if he is eating raw diet? Maybe its how things are. I look in the mirror and I was not the same I was just 10 years ago, it feels like yesterday, but I look a hell of alot better than cooked food people.

When you are 100% raw, time goes by very very fast. Time is beautiful and very fleeting.

Suez for you, I made this for you. Feel free to borrow it when you need, my work of art:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2015 08:31AM by suvine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables