Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone ever read "Survival Into the 21st Century?"
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:00PM

It was out of print and I got an old copy for $30 on Amazon a few years back. I took it off the shelf last night and am re-reading it. Very cool stuff!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone ever read "Survival Into the 21st Century?"
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:17PM

My mom had an original copy when we were growing up. I've got a picture of me with it and Viktorus somewhere...
I had a copy of my own but let it go a few years ago. It's interesting to read it, I like that sort of book with fun hippy drawings in it. I've got another like that called Being Of The Sun, it's so cute.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:15PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........ I took it off the
> shelf last night and am re-reading it. Very cool
> stuff!
It was my introduction to Wheatgrass Juice.
I'll never forget it.
Vik is still going strong at age 71.....WY

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 13, 2011 04:20AM

Got it in my kitchen, it's a great comprehensive guide to raw food, esp sprouting etc!

so many new raw food books coming out all the time nowadays, they're never as good as the originals smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2011 08:57PM

Hi Lisa--I don't think I have ever read your posts before!smiling smiley I am amazed at how much info is packed into this book--I just wanted it for the nostalgia value, plus curiosity's sake. But it's pretty dang cool. He's got another book with raw recipes that I might try and get. I think it's called "Loving Your Body."

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:57AM

Viktoras Kulvinskas aint the spiritual dude he makes out. He is suing me at the moment. I used to like the guy.

Date: February 14, 2011 01:15PM

durianrider Wrote:
> Viktoras Kulvinskas aint the spiritual dude he
> makes out. He is suing me at the moment. I used to
> like the guy.
Could you tell us some of the facts? If he's suing you,
then I suspect that both of you are at Fault.
It probably involves Money (If I was going to guess).....WY

Date: February 14, 2011 01:40PM

You know, when the same thing comes at you in life from many different direction the common denominator in the equation is You, not the other guy. He might be suing you but he's not the only one. What do you think the universe trying to tell you?

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:58PM

hey banana grinning smiley
yeah, I drop in and out from time to time, whenever I have the time, always loved this forum smiling smiley xx

Date: February 14, 2011 04:51PM

durianrider Wrote:
> Viktoras Kulvinskas aint the spiritual dude he
> makes out. He is suing me at the moment. I used to
> like the guy.

LOL- It's funny that you attach spirituality to suing someone. I mean, care to elaborate? I may be Buddha incarnate but perhaps I'd sue, too, if someone takes my intellectual property when I need it to support myself in a way where I am in charge and don't have to lower my standards. In other words, I have no idea what the details are in the suit so I reserve judgement until then. But Viktor doesn't seem to be Mister Raw Mogul like some of these dudes-I imagine he lives a very humble life.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 12:09PM

banana who Wrote:
> durianrider Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Viktoras Kulvinskas aint the spiritual dude he
> > makes out. He is suing me at the moment. I used
> to
> > like the guy.
>
>
> LOL- It's funny that you attach spirituality to
> suing someone. I mean, care to elaborate? I may be
> Buddha incarnate but perhaps I'd sue, too, if
> someone takes my intellectual property when I need
> it to support myself in a way where I am in charge
> and don't have to lower my standards. In other
> words, I have no idea what the details are in the
> suit so I reserve judgement until then. But Viktor
> doesn't seem to be Mister Raw Mogul like some of
> these dudes-I imagine he lives a very humble life.

Elaboration on vik kulvinskas suing DR here

[www.30bananasaday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2011 12:10PM by Ariel55.

Date: February 15, 2011 01:11PM

What a surprise, someone has been an offensive git and is being called on it. Shocking, just shocking.

If you have ever had the pleasure of attending one of Viktorus's lectures, My Gawd, WHAT a speaker! An incredible man, truly.

Date: February 18, 2011 09:53AM

When push comes to shove, talk is talk.

Viktoras doesnt mind trash talking others but when someone critiscises him, he calls in the legal beagles. What Im finding out is that our lovely guru's aint that lovely after all. Its often just a front to sell more vague stuff to ignorant guru worshippers.

I refuse to step down and silence my voice. Good think we run the most popular raw foods site on the net. We are all about education vs marketing. Wait till you's see my latest vid. winking smiley

Date: February 18, 2011 01:30PM

The most popular...? Dude, I'd never even heard of you before you came on here. Still haven't been able to get past your demeanor to watch a full video either. Good luck with that.

By the way, when you talk about "following your heart" blah blah blah and then condemn people for doing just that when it doesn't line up exactly with what YOU believe, you sort of negate the whole message you profess to be pushing. You should take some of your own advice to heart.

Date: February 18, 2011 08:37PM

Let me know if you can find a more popular raw foods website using the www.alexa.com ratings. I cant.

I follow my heart. Im not afraid to speak up and call a spade a spade. IMHO we got enough face less flaked on the planet that hide behind fake smiles and namaste avitars and peace sign t-shirts. We need more real people that aint afraid to speak the truth and hold people to a higher standard. Especially self appointed guru's that should no better. They claim to be the most experienced, so lets see it then.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 18, 2011 09:02PM

More attention getting behavior, more heat than light. Without assets in the US being in Austrailia you are pretty much judgment proof. "Look at me" "Look at me" or "Look at Doug", "Look at Doug". It's getting old quickly.

Date: February 18, 2011 09:16PM

Well, you sure don't like it when other people following their hearts speak their truths if what they believe doesn't happen to be exactly what you believe, that's for sure!
And what makes you any different from any other wanna be guru exactly? You're out there flogging your version of what's best for true health all over the place. The difference being that you have Zero research behind your claims. The little bit of time it's worked for you doesn't support any long term claims at all. It's irresponsible in the extreme to profess to be such an expert when you don't have anything real to back it up. If you're just repeating what Doug Graham has to say you should hold your tongue and let him say it, it's his years of experience talking there, not yours.

Date: February 19, 2011 02:52AM

Glad to see Im not the only highly judgemental & aggressive person on this forum. winking smiley

Date: February 23, 2011 01:08PM

durianrider Wrote:
> Glad to see Im not the only highly judgemental &
> aggressive person on this forum. winking smiley
It's all in the way you do it.
Yes, coco is a strong woman.
dr....I think we all want you to continue. You put
a lot of energy into your beliefs...and it's working because
I see how you ride your Bike.
However, there may be other ways too. Don't whip us so
much with your Bible.....WY

Date: February 23, 2011 02:37PM

I like hearing different views but no one enjoys having anything shoved down their throats. That's a crazy way to get people to hear your message. More of a turn off than anything. It is all in the way you do it.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 23, 2011 09:23PM

durianrider Wrote:
> Glad to see Im not the only highly judgemental &
> aggressive person on this forum. winking smiley

Durianrider... I understand your feelings, but valid points have been raised, when many people have a similar view though, and you find yourself the target of multiple lawsuits, maybe its time to sit back and evaluate why, I have already stated in the past about how the way you present your information turns a lot of people away (almost everyone I know but 1 friend has issues with your attitude, including people who actually believe similar things to you.)

I admire your passion, there is a power in that which could lead to a lot of positive change, but you do seem to focus a lot of it in very negative ways, I could be wrong, but that is my perception... I think if you where able to manifest more love in line with that passion, you could have a much much much more positive effect on the world and spread your beliefs much further than you can now.

Your beliefs when it comes to diet, are about Optimum health correct? Eating what you believe will give a person optimum health and performance in life, physically and mentally, why not work on a way to get your message out there to people in a similar way? Most people will not listen to some one who comes off so offensively so often, I have never been a follower of any of the various raw food guru's, your videos were the first of that sort of thing I ever watched, and I found many of them repellent even then, You can provide the truth, or at least the truth you believe in, without the negative behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:25PM

Victorus's book was one of 2 books that were my introduction to the raw diet; my first was one of Arnold Ehret's books given to me by a friend. This was way back in 1977.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 28, 2011 09:16PM

Kwan!!!!! Hello, hello, hello, beautiful woman! smiling smiley

Date: February 28, 2011 09:48PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> Kwan!!!!! Hello, hello, hello, beautiful woman!
Yes!! Where have you been keeping yourself?.....WY

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 03, 2011 02:27PM

Hi Tam and WY! Missed you guys. I've been doin' my own thing, straightening out my diet (doing well!, but only raw some of the time), and real busy. I've been doing LOTS of online art stuff lately, really having a great time.
www.redbubble.com/people/sharrhan/portfolio

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables