Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Raw chocolate vegan?
Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: September 16, 2006 10:00PM

Sorry, you will have to cut and paste this as I can't do the fancy stuff yet.

[http://www.pathlights.com/Public%20Enemies/chocolate.htm]

Yeuk No more raw chocolate in my home.....I feel sick....wonder if it applies to raw choc production???

Love Anna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Raw chocolate vegan?
Posted by: longtimeraw ()
Date: September 17, 2006 04:27PM

Can't comment on the vegan asspect. but: cacao is not chocolate! It is an ingredient in chocolate.

At this time, there is no such thing as raw chocolate. Given the contamination found in cacao, that's a good thing.

The raw cacao sellers will go out of business once they are hit with a tort lawsuit for E Coli illness.

Carob is not a substitute for chocolate. Carob is a different food, totally unlike chocolate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2006 04:31PM by longtimeraw.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 17, 2006 04:55PM

I don't find pathlights to be a very reputable source. Note that they are pressing creationism (so unscientific they have redefine the meaning of science), anti-abortion (anti-womens rights) and a whole host of other fiction that I wish I'd not clicked on...

I know the raw cacao I eat doesn't have @#$%& and hair on it, since I get mine in whole bean for (with the paper skins that you can peel off). Not only is it protected by the paperly skin, I would be really easy to spot foreign matter amongst the beans. Note, even if they refer to raw cacao ealier in the article, that when these article refer to rodent @#$%& in chocolate there talking about heavily refend chocolate like herseys (I bet it's not even legal to herseys "chocolate" in Europe!).

Now why doesn't Carob stuff from the same problem they claim chocolate does?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2006 09:02PM

I make raw vegan chocolate candies. They taste incredible! Raw cacao is one ingredient in the chocolate.

I disagree with everything written in the pathlights article posted above.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 17, 2006 10:27PM

All processed food is allowed (by law) to contain a certain percentage of insect parts, it's unavoidable!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 17, 2006 10:48PM

Cocoa is refined chocolate.

sodoffsocks do you get the "high" or "buzz" that people have been starting to complain about from your raw chocolate? I am not sure how much you'd have to eat but probably more tha a few raw chocolate candies.

Date: September 18, 2006 12:26AM

No one has complained about a high or buzz from my raw chocolates. They taste similar to the organic chocolate bars sold in the store such as 'Green & Black', 'Endangered Species', and 'Scharffen Berger'.

I add superfoods to them such as goji berries, maca, almonds, agave nectar, and other good stuff.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 18, 2006 06:34AM

Yes, it's more of buzz/caffine high. When I'm driving long distances, I keep a bag of cacao beans with me, eating a few every 50 miles normal ensure addequit alertness for the entire journey. I try to be careful to avoid eating any before I intend to sleep.

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: September 18, 2006 08:36AM

I ate some raw cacao last night at 10:00pm. I went to sleep at 11:30pm and slept perfectly through the night. Chocolate does not affect my sleep, although I have talked to others who are sensitive to it.

My favorite meal is cacao combined with durian.

During my last water fast, I had dreams of eating durian and cacao.

Mmmmm, chocolate durian....

Mmmmmm!

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: September 18, 2006 03:31PM

Mike...

don't worry man.. it affects different people in different ways. I get a high feeling off cacao stuff sometimes. I don't worry about it. I don't eat it much now because of that but it's all good.

Date: September 19, 2006 01:43AM

it's all good

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables