Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: This is a VEGAN board.
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 19, 2006 10:39PM

> Yes, this is a vegan forum; it says so directly in the title, and
> those who are not vegans should leave; their posts are off-topic
> and against the rules. I agree with arugula completely.

It's a pitty that all vegans get tar with the same brush as you. With most non-vegans I meet, I keep my veganism a seceret just because of people like you. If people find out I'm a vegan before they get to know me, I end up spending time/energy reassuring them that I'm not about to start spouting vegan elitist crap and giving them a hard time for their choices of diet. Of course, when they do get know me, they normally end up realising my food tastes better and is healthier for them than their choice. ;-)

Something I've noticed, when I used the term vegan fundimentalist, the people who are acting like vegan fundimentalists can't see why I used that term (of course, the same applies for any fundimentalists as well). I guess you guys would like to round up all the non-vegans and ship them off to camps.

But, in an effort to help you promote you message (it is one I believe in, btw), I will tell you that your attitudes are bad and this is distorting and subtracting for the message you want to communicate. Might I suggest you use encouragement as your main weapon rather than guilt.

Oh yeah, I ate a spoon full of honey a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. Feel free to ask the admin to suspend my account and delete all my posts.

Peaz,
Ian

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 19, 2006 11:36PM

Nah, stick around watch the fountains of hate and guilt self destruct. I like and appreciate many of Arugula's posts, I think he/she is probably a nice person. But, when they get on the topics of other people's diets, Arugula and the others come across as nasty hating people who are only here because it's a safe place for vegans to attack non-vegans (I know this isn't true, but it does seem that way).

Also, stick around, be nice to the hating vegans. As a wise man once said, be nice to your enemies, it really annoys them. winking smiley

Ian.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: September 20, 2006 12:13AM

sodoffsocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> It's a pitty that all vegans get tar with the same
> brush as you.

Dont worry...I don't group all of you together like that. Most of the vegans on here are VERY nice and laid back.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 20, 2006 05:22AM

I've just deleted a post on this thread because it contained some name calling, which is uncalled for on this forum. Please, though at times we may feel attacked on this forum, please do not react and resort to name calling because you feel you need to defend yourself. Your interpretation of the situation may not be correct in the heat of anger. It is difficult to communicate clearly in this electronic medium because we are not privy to face to face communication, and it is hard to feel what is truly going on with the person who just sent what looks like a flaming post.

If anyone is found to pass judgement on fellow members here (labelling members as bad, evil, Nazi, etc), or they are found to be attacking fellow members, they most certainly will be asked to leave or be banned if they don't correct their behavior.

Again, if you feel you've been attacked, please report the specific message to the moderators by clicking the 'Report This Message" button and writing down why you thought the message was offensive.

So that everyone is familiar with the board rules, here they are (they were presented to you as you signed up for an account):

------------------

Living and Raw Food Boards Policy

These boards are provided as a public service, courtesy of LIVING-FOODS.COM. Please post and reply to queries related only to the vegan/vegetarian living food lifestyle. LIVING-FOODS.COM, the webmaster and the designated board moderators take no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the comments made herein. By using this board, you agree to our disclaimer. We expect everyone to be kind and respectful to other posters.

Not Permitted on the boards:

* Foul language
* Rude, offensive, insulting or vulgar posts.
* Anything for sale or give away
* Asking for, or giving medical advice, or
* Requests for contributions
* Off topic posts, or posts not deemed proper for the category they are placed
* Slander of individuals or Organizations
* Advertisments of products, services or advertising of other web sites

All offensive and inappropriate posts will be deleted. Offenders will be banned from posting. Serious offenders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

The spirit of the Living & Raw Foods Community discussion forums is to support fellow vegan living foods health enthusiasts on their path to higher health and quality of life. This site is a privately owned, free site which is paid for by the Webmaster, and assisted by members. Please see the Members section of this site for membership information and benefits. The intent here is support and educate one another with:

• compassion
• kindness
• respect
• patience
• competance

Let's be mindful that:

1. Some people here are totally new to the living food diet concept and first impressions weigh heavily.

2. Some people here are in the process of healing and they are very sensitive, and it is inappropriate to try to "fix" their health problem with therapies or without their permission.

3. If you have no formal training as a health coach it is inappropriate to try to offer healing advice to people with illness (especially if you have limited information about the person's condition), except to relate first hand experience and recommend books, articles on this site and elsewhere, and health professionals. Refer people to the Resources/Practitioners page in this site for professional health & nutrition help.

4. If you are ill and seeking healing advice it is generally best to get advice and coaching services from a trained health professional -- there are a few such participants in this open forum, however this is not a healing guidance forum -- we recommend working with a professional health coach or hygienic or naturopathic doctor. Refer people to the Resources/Practitioners page in this site for professional health & nutrition help.

5. Everyone wants to be treated kindly. Do not fight here-- you are only fighting with yourself.

6. Our expression (the words we type) has a vibration which effects our own health in profound ways,

7. Becoming a "raw fooder" is a personal and unique journey and an emotionally sensitive process, and it's best if it unfolds at a gentle pace.

8. Pushing, judging and venting on fellow health enthusiasts is harmful to everyone here.

9. The eyes of the world are watching us -- we can choose to mirror the chaos of society, or we can choose to be co-creators of an exemplary community of health and compassion minded people. Let's choose to follow our hearts and give our selves and our community fellows the best.

10. If you are a new comer, please check the FAQ for answers to all the frequently asked questions before posting a message here.

Thank you for your cooperation.
The Living-Foods Team

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: September 20, 2006 10:10AM

Sorry yohamma, should have been more specific, I was referring to the first post on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2006 10:13AM by jadedshade.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: September 20, 2006 01:27PM

Sorry, I mean Yogamama. What a typo I made.

Date: September 20, 2006 02:21PM

LOL about Yohamama. No problem! On another forum, they call me "Yodamama".

Bryan, thanks for clarifying things for us. It is much appreciated!

Kim

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2006 04:19PM

No need for vegan hostility. Life is just too short for this.
Let's all play nice and get along. smiling smiley

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: September 20, 2006 05:00PM

What a bunch of hypocrites. I'm outta here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2006 05:01PM by rooneyandmuldoon.

Date: September 20, 2006 06:20PM

Pitty to see people leaving, but understandable. I don't like censorship in any form, plenty of offensive comments don't get deleted. I'm curious why the posts telling non-vegans to leave are ok.

Hmmmm, I getting a little bummed out about this. Maybe I'll go and be annoying on some of the non-raw-vegan threads that are currently active..... From Bryan's post it seems about 80% of posts/threads on forum are prohibited...

Date: September 20, 2006 06:26PM

Ian...you can't leave. I wish rooney wouldn't leave either, but I understand. I think I will stay here just to be annoying. smiling smiley

Posted by: VirtualVegGrrl ()
Date: October 01, 2006 06:30AM

So Vegetarian AND Vegan are BOTH okay, to clarify.

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> So that everyone is familiar with the board rules,
> here they are (they were presented to you as you
> signed up for an account):
>
> ------------------
>
> Living and Raw Food Boards Policy
>
> These boards are provided as a public service,
> courtesy of LIVING-FOODS.COM. Please post and
> reply to queries related only to the
> vegan/vegetarian living food lifestyle.
>

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 01, 2006 02:29PM

yeah
hey sodoffosocks

u can't leave
cuz i like your name

its like i see toes wriggling out of sodoffoscks
and it makes me laugh
plus yer the one that told me the innerworkings of what goes on inside of those
frozen food pea factories
so it kept me from getting frozen peas
so there u go

stay

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables