Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw Diet Guru Susan Schenck now eats meat, admits raw vegan "folly"
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 14, 2011 10:01PM

Not to detract from DR but he does take injection b12, like i take sublingual b12 and if i was lucky enough to be able to get access to b12 injections id also be on them. Sadly my doctor no matter how much convincing just isn't up for it and no one will show me how to shoot myself.

But yeah the standard blood tests usually show nothing more than blood cell counts, iron, b12, sodium, calcium the usual suspects. Its ridiculous even when i was ill here in before vegan diet and going on health they didnt even test my vitamin D as it wasn't considered standard. On the whole to the average doctor when your ill bloodtest wise if there is nothing visible with usual criteria, very basic electrolytes, thyroid and liver well your healthy, even though number of anything can be deficient. I had to pay up to 1000 pounds in tests to provide proof that various nutrients were deficient and even when i did they didn't care and wouldn't re-test as the NHS dont provide that, shocking.

Anyway rant over lol, just that basic healthcare dont test nearly anywhere near anything we would consider beneficial. My vegan friend went in recently and was barely aloud a b12 test, she got in the end and was fine as she supplements but the doctor was more insistent on lecturing her why she wasn't eating a "rounded" diet and did she have "problems".

But yeah getting away from that we have no idea if this woman was supplementing b12 etc.

EDIT: I forgot to write either way eating raw meat isnt the answer, raw meat is horrific, cooked is bad enough but raw. Parasites, bacteria etc i hope she has good levels of stomach acid and gut flora as they are what protect you from foodborne pathogens.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 10:08PM by powerlifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 14, 2011 10:17PM

Coco, the issue of children is indeed something that I have been watching. I recall that Shazzie has stated that she began feeding her little girl eggs...raw, I believe? In any case, not vegan.

Powerlifer, I wonder about parasites, as well. I just cannot imagine eating raw flesh! I don't even want to handle packages of meat, let alone consume it in its raw state!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 14, 2011 10:28PM

A while back i posted on here that i didn't believe these people tucked into raw meat, but was surprised that there is actually fine dining dishes where people eat raw meat i cant remember what its called. But i think durian posted a video of this guy he videoed biting into a slab of raw meat outside some store it was horrific, if anyone can find this video again its horrible its like minced meat or something but the guy picks up handfuls of it, im sure flies are flying around also.

each to there own like i say but i cant understand how they survive, parasites, bacteria etc are laden in raw meat unless cooked from what i understand.

Date: March 14, 2011 10:55PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone eating 90 percent fruits is a fruitarian
> but someone eating 90 percent vegan is not a vegan
> ????

In a nutshell, you're either vegan or you're not.

Veganism is about ethics. Someone who eats vegan food but is otherwise non-vegan in other aspects of life is a not vegan. It's that simple.

The definition of veganism has been completely abused by certain folk in the raw food movement to describe a whole manner of diets that sometimes aren't even vegetarian.

When her health was suffering, there are unlimited changes she could have made to her diet to ensure she was getting adequate nutrition without eating non-vegan foods. The fact she has done a total 180 on her diet, makes me wonder how committed she was to veganism in the first place, whether she was actually vegan during that time and what steps she took to amend her diet suitably when she first realised she was suffering.

I know the internet is hardly the most reliable place for information, but I have read references to Susan eating eggs during her veganism. Hmm. What else might she have eaten? If she was doing the high-fat raw-vegan diet for some time without doing it for the ethical side, perhaps she found the diet limitations were very frustrating and her diet unfulfilling without being nutritious? No one can blame her if that was the case. High fat raw vegan gets old very quickly.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 15, 2011 12:25AM

ron and RawPracticalist,

This is a vegan forum, and the promotion of animal products is not permitted. Its OK if you don't have a vegan diet and want to participate in the forum. What we don't like is people who come here to denounce the vegan diet, or tell us that the vegan diet does not work.

As for percentages, I see that we are all in a process. For those here who embrace the vegan ideals, but perhaps have not transitioned to all vegan, we are here to support you. If you require replacement foods for your favorite animal products, please ask and you will probably get some great responses. But to ask what animal product is going to make you healthier, or to advise people to eat animal products, that is not permitted in this forum, and those posts will be deleted.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 15, 2011 01:34AM

Oh ugh, this thread is making me a little queasy. Gack.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables