Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Doug Graham. Photo with his shirt off.
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: March 25, 2011 04:08AM

March 2011. I love it how other guru's never put up a shirtless photo or they keep using one from 1995 and then say 'fruit will make you fat!'. winking smiley

Here is one from Doug. He is 58. Looks in ok shape I guess. winking smiley No steroids, no lipo, no botox, no collagen injections like some other guru's that I wont name right now...

So if people say that fruit will make you fat, fruit wont support human athletic excellence or whatever, just show em this photo and photos of us crew living it large and keeping it real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 04:09AM by durianrider.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doug Graham. Photo with his shirt off.
Date: March 25, 2011 07:21AM

Yep HEAPS big belly! winking smiley

Look at the position of Doug's head in relation to his pelvis. Do that in the mirror and see what happens to your stomach. Lean back. What happens. Interesting huh? Where did that 'belly' go? winking smiley

No wonder people get anorexia. If your cut as a razor, people still tell you that your fat! I remember a cyclist being told he has a belly when in actual fact the photo was just taken during when he was breathing in and expanding his diaphragm. The dude had developed an eating disorder over it before I pointed out the obvious and then showed him other photos of pro riders in cycling mags. It was too late, he had already starved way to hard and lost a lot of form from an out of shape relative making an uneducated remark.

You gotta be careful what you say about people TS, cos it could give people the wrong idea and make em crazy over nothing. I mean telling a man with low single digit body fat that has excess fat..what do you say to women that are at an ideal weight for women? Something to think about..

Does that make sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 07:25AM by durianrider.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 25, 2011 09:09AM

durianrider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > You gotta be careful what you say about people TS,
> cos it could give people the wrong idea and make
> em crazy over nothing.

Then you must be absolutely traumatizing poor DW then!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 25, 2011 02:17PM

durianrider Wrote:
> Here is one from Doug. He is 58. Looks in ok shape
> I guess. winking smiley
It's misleading to try to give the 80/10/10 Diet credit (or the Blame) for Doug Graham's Body. The man obviously works-out, and works-out Hard. The Body of someone who follows 80/10/10, but doesn't lift weights, is lean and muscular, without big bulges.....which is more pleasing to the eye, in my estimation.....WY

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 25, 2011 02:48PM

Is it healthy in the long run to work-out hard, to exaustion? That may put the body under constant stress, animals do not do that for sure, they eat raw and enjoy simple life. Some moderate exercises should be enough.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 25, 2011 02:51PM

Okay, okay, but can we discuss his shorts? What's going on down there?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 25, 2011 03:01PM

banana who Wrote:
> Okay, okay, but can we discuss his shorts?
He tucked his shorts in to better show off his legs.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 25, 2011 03:21PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Okay, okay, but can we discuss his shorts?
> He tucked his shorts in to better show off his
> legs.

Alrighty then...Just checkingwinking smiley

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: March 25, 2011 03:56PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
>> It's misleading to try to give the 80/10/10 Diet
> credit (or the Blame) for Doug Graham's Body. The
> man obviously works-out, and works-out Hard.

Yep, I know a few guys that age and older that are just as fit and muscular, and they eat a standard american diet. I also know plenty that eat SAD and are fat and pathetic. It's the exercise that separates those guys. Although, while diet may not be everything it still makes a difference. When I eat raw I find that I have more energy to workout and I also recover faster. Eating raw also keeps excess weight off automatically which makes it easier and more fun for me to workout.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 25, 2011 04:21PM

So what make us age most, diet or too much exercise, or lack of exercise, or is it just genetic, or race related, or outlook in life, or nobody knows for sure?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 04:31PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: March 25, 2011 04:30PM

Everyone is different. What works for some doesn't work for others. But I'm happy for anyone who has found a diet that works for them... the problem I have with the OP and other posts I've seen from certain people obviously supporting the 801010 diet, is the lack of respect for other ways.... It's a very "This is the only right way to eat and everyone else is pathetically misguided" vibe I'm picking up on and I don't agree with that at all. Everyone else doesn't have to be wrong for you to be right, I hope you know...

And in my opinion anyone doing a mostly raw diet is on the right path... we shouldn't be picking fights among the raw community... and putting down a "some other raw guru's" is doing that.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: March 26, 2011 07:05AM

@Corathgreen

If your friend is eating finely crushed glass because a guru told him to, because it's aligned with the astronomical sun in 48 degrees and he will get very healthy if he just pays the guru 400$ for a big jar of crushed glass, would you say to your friend:

"Well, we shouldn't pick on other peoples advise, different things work for different people, you should do what works for you man... don't listen to those crazy militant 811-ers, they shouldn't judge other people man, they are just mean!"

Could it be that maybe, MAYBE, you should use your common sense and say "well, crushed glass doesn't sound so healthy. Maybe I'll do some research about it. Oh, the inside of the intestines will start to make microscopic bleedings and after a couple of years, he will get very sick, I guess.

To all of you that say: "oh, you shouldn't judge, man! Stop being so mean!" Don't judge other people by telling them that they should stop judge. If you don't like people telling their story and pointing out what's wrong and harmful to people, and who you should be extra careful assigning as your guru, be an superduper example yourself and start judging people and start judge 811-ers! Do it! I dare you! 811 needs more critics and we need to judge Douglas Graham, Durianrider and other low-fat-maniacs. BUT DO IT SCIENTIFICALLY!

Good luck!

Date: March 26, 2011 08:43AM

I post these photos to support raw/vegan people. People want to see proof. We live it. Everyday. We put up our blood tests on youtube, we win races, we do bodybuilding comps, triathlons, bike races, ultramarathons etc.

If you want support as a raw vegan. You got it. 811 crew got ya back! winking smiley

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: March 26, 2011 09:47AM

Get your clothes on, you're scaring the horses!

david

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 09:58AM by dvdai.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: March 26, 2011 01:40PM

Awesome, a real fitness warrior.

Date: March 28, 2011 11:39AM

Yeah DG sure is a rawrrior! winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2011 03:09PM

Re living longer.... what has the most effect on life span is....not 811, or diet or exercise, it's ATTITUDE man. Just go to deathclock.com and punch in your birth date and a negative attitude, then change to a positive attitude. You'll be shocked at the difference. We had this as an exercise in a tut as part of a psychology course.

You can change from smoker to non-smoker and BMI from less than 25 to over 45, with not that much difference on longevity. But of course, if your an overweight smoker, than your quality of life wouldn't be great hey.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: March 28, 2011 04:32PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> I can see a belly... maybe he's getting old ok.
> But if the rest of the body is VERY cut up and
> skinny but then you have a belly...

Yeah, it's called "Skinny-fat". I can go to a pro-ana forum and see the same thing.

Date: March 28, 2011 09:30PM

Great pic smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables