Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why eat leafs?
Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 06, 2006 12:57AM

I shoot for a 80% raw diet. Currently I am in the midst of a 30 day juice fast. While whole, raw foods do provide an essential part of the fiber, when doing a 3+ day fast that is not what the body is focusing on.

Aside from consuming a great deal of water with squeeze of lime (my preference to lemon), I also have a couple cups of green tea with a 1/2 pack of Stevia Plus. Aside from adding a bit of sweetness, it also has fiber. There is fiber for roughage and fiber to be assimilated into the blood stream.

For the juicing, I am currently having orange & blueberry blended with bananas and also carrot, celery & 1 clove of garlic. When I crave different fruits/vegs, I will have those.

Provided I can make the full 30 days (the longest I've gone is 7), the first thing I plan to consume would be a lettuce. After that amount of time, the roughage should slough away a decent amount of any mucus build up still left in the colon.

~raine~

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 06, 2006 05:13AM

Phase II enzymes induction blocks the enhanced IgE production in B cells by diesel exhaust particles.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

^^i could find more papers but this abstract says basically what i was saying in my pollution example.

another thing to consider is that many of the plant chemicals have anti-viral/anti-microbial properties. there are viruses out there that can overcome even the healthiest of immune systems, like HIV or the bird flu. one of the few supplements i take is olive leaf extract for it's anti-viral properites. I havent caught a cold in about 5 years, which was both when i started transitioning to raw and also when i began introducing plant extracts such as OLE.
-----------

Anti-HIV activity of olive leaf extract (OLE) and modulation of host cell gene expression by HIV-1 infection and OLE treatment.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

--------------------

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 06, 2006 09:35PM

I totally agree with Bryan!

Bryan said exactly what I was going to say, it's such a simple and logical explanation - of course, if you're in need of lots of calories (i.e. athlete), nature doesn't want to overload you with excess minerals - hence, you eat more fruit. Whereas if food is scarce or you're sedentary, then you eat greens - a nutrient-dense powerhouse in few calories.

Fruit = higher calories, lower minerals
Greens = high nutrients, low calories

Pick whichever one suits whatever situation you're in.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables