Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone use Garden For Life supplements?
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: April 12, 2011 05:09AM

What is your opinion on them? They claim to be raw. If that is even possible but the ingredients seem pretty basic. No yeast, colors, weird things added like other brands.
[www.gardenoflife.com]

Not interested in a "no need for supplements" debate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone use Garden For Life supplements?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2011 11:36AM

I have their raw green food powder, it's good. I've taken primal defense in the past too, I liked that stuff.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 12, 2011 11:46AM

I prefer sunwarriors green food blend as it is the most palatable on the market, just tastes like a mint drink - [www.amlaberry.co.uk]

On the note of there vitamins being raw, i still don't understand this the one you linked too backagain, it doesn't state where they are coming from other than the vitamin C content from amla. When a supplement gives you specific amounts of each vitamin and mineral 9/10 this means that they are using synthetic vitamins as they are able to determine the amount. When using natural sources to make a raw multi-vitamin say i took nettle, alfalfa, spirulina, wheatgrass powders etc and made a blend, i would need to test each and every batch to determine the nutrient quantity as like food, herbs also always have a different nutrient level.

This would mean that every batch of raw vitamins they make they would need to print new labels. Which brings me back too i don't think these are raw at all. Infact i know there not raw as ive just checked that page again and they have listed some synthetic names for the vitamins. Also they contain hemicellulase and cellulase which breaks down fibers into sugars, something you don't want so i wouldnt consume these near food. Fibers are needed for a variety of health functions such as binding to toxins, feeding the gut flora, bile formation etc.

Ive just clicked the image and it seems some of the minerals are derived from an algae blend they add but i doubt in the amounts on the label. Why there not stating beside the amla and probiotic/enzyme blend is confusing and because it says naturally occuring i believe it has been left out of the main label as the levels cant be determined via each batch. Confusing stuff, better than other synthetic multi-vitamins/minerals definitely but i don't think there fully wholefood based or raw. The fact vitamin b12 is listed in a specific amount is another give away.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 11:53AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 12, 2011 12:38PM

I have taken their Vitamin Code raw multi for women, and especially now that I am sick with a wicked virus and not eating anything, I've found them actually beneficial.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2011 12:44PM

Oh, right, they make those too. We have some of their vits.

Feel better Tam <3

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 12, 2011 01:32PM

I don't doubt they aren't beneficial as they look like decent products, just i don't think there raw or entirely wholefood based as they are listing synthetic vitamin names aswell as what i said above.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 12, 2011 05:30PM

Thanks coco smiling smiley

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:29AM

Thanks Powerlifter. So I guess they wouldn't be any better than a complete synthetic one? I've seen synthetics cheaper with more in them and less ingredients.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables