Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does Food advertising derail your raw vegan diet?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 22, 2006 05:32PM

Hi,

hearing another story about a raw fooder on the right path then going to back to cooked food, I was wondering if the amount of cooked food advertising people are exposed to has had any effect on people going back to cooked food (even if just for a little snack). In this day and age, much of advertising is about manipulating people into buying things, more than just telling people you have something for sale they might like.

What do you think of this?

Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does Food advertising derail your raw vegan diet?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 22, 2006 05:51PM

Donate your tv set to Goodwill, tv is mostly junk anyway. If there's something you want to see, you can ask a friend to record it for you. I get my news from the internet and I check out my DVDs from the public library. I don't buy magazines anymore, either.

I would like to think that I am free of adverts and their evil influences, but there are so many of them online now, even on this forum.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 22, 2006 06:04PM

Hey Arugula,

wise words indeed. I don't like giving advertisers free paths to try and manipulate my life. I've never owned a TV (only time I've lived with one it belonged to a roommate). I watch my DVDs on video projector, giving a nice movie house big screen feel.

I consider no having TV something that has dramatically increased my quality of life. Personally, I don't i would have time to watch it (i hardly have time to watch DVDs any more). There is still one magazine I'll still buy, which is AdBusters, check it out sometime if you've not read it before.

With online advertising, if I feel it's too invasive (pop ups, flashing banners, etc.), I will boycot the product being advertised (even if I want it).

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: BrookeM ()
Date: September 22, 2006 06:30PM

Advertising is everywhere and yes, I do think it influences me even if just in a very small way.

I DO notice that when I'm watching television and see a person eating an apple or carrots or other raw items, it makes me crave them. And in grocery stores, when I see posters of people smiling and eating fruit, it makes me want fruit.

Very interesting, since most of the time I only see cooked foods eaten by the actors on TV and in commercials.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables