Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

There are no long-term success Fruitarian stories!?!!?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 23, 2006 10:27AM

this is bad news. many famous people have failed at Fruitarianism.. i was planning on going all fruitarian or at least 80%. is it really true you dont get all the nutrients from fruits? i thought people could live on mono-diets though i didn't know you neeed all nutrients for sure.. we just think we do right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: There are no long-term success Fruitarian stories!?!!?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 23, 2006 10:37AM

Well, if you should be interested enough to delve into it, you would find remarkable consistency on the whole among the EU, American, and Asian RDAs for micro- and macronutrients. There are some differences, most notably calcium, but most of the others are pretty close among diverse background (expected) diets.

Although the body has a profound ability to adapt to both lower and higher intakes of particular nutrients, I don't think that it would be wise to brush them off completely. It's still safe to aim in the ballpark of what is known to satisfy the needs of most people, and it can be more difficult on a fruit-only diet than a diet including leaves, vegetables, nuts, and seeds, especially for those who are not very active and somewhat calorie-restricted.

Under such restrictive conditions of fruit only, failure in the long-term would be the expectation, and not the rule.

But some people seem to do very well for years. I suspect they are the ones doing the most exercise and taking in the most kcals. It would be easier to be successful on fruit only if the diet contained at least 3000 kcals per day and much more difficult, probably impossible for most people, on 1500 kcals per day.

It is important to remember that RDAs represent intakes thought to stave off deficiency diseases. They are probably not optimal. Optimal intakes for many nutrients are probably higher to much higher for many nutrients.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 23, 2006 03:10PM

Opinion:

-The fact that you are asking about it shows that you are at least ready to research the matter intelligenty......ask test scientifically whether YOU are comfortable with it....and enjoy long-term success. Your hidden agenda and motivation are what dictate your ultimate success in an endeavor......not some scientifically pre-defined 'perfect' diet.

-I have been all fruit for several years....and all-raw for many more. I am the healthiest and strongest guy I know (35, 5'8", 150 lbs). You can certainly talk to Fruitarian One.

-I think eating is a spectrum. If you think fruits are good (like I do) just incorporate more and more into your diet. Like everything else in life.....you will achieve the good by incorporating the good and adapting.....not by fighting the bad! LOL.

-I am standing by to support you 100%

-David Mason

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 23, 2006 03:52PM

Don't worry, many famous people have failed at just about everything (staying sober, showing up to court, driving, staying a live, staying famous, swimming, flying, etc.).

Where's TFO? He's a fruitarian success story!

Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables