Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

True cost of eating/meal planning
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 03, 2011 12:28PM

I was looking up information about the true cost of driving per mile and came accross this webpage.
[www.commutesolutions.org]

Have any of you come accross a similiar webpage which breaks down associated costs around meals? That would be very helpful for me as I am filling out an application for a scholarship, and it asks for meal costs, transportation etc...

It would be great to get a really good estimate on the true costs around meals. I think most people don't think about dishwashing soap or fuel or electicity in coooking. (if they cook) Then there is waste disposal, perhaps medical hazards around eating particular foods on a regular basis. It would be good to see a breakdown to find a good estimate. The application is probably just looking for either prepared meals or direct costs, like the price of food itself.

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: True cost of eating/meal planning
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 03, 2011 07:19PM

There is probably discussion about this with the locavores, google that and see what you find for your area.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: May 04, 2011 02:32AM

Seems like something you'd have to figure out yourself since everyone eats/buys different things.. I would think. My true costs for things aren't going to be the same as someone else's.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 04, 2011 09:30PM

Thats very true. But the same thing might be said for driving. Some may drive a high efficient gas milage car, and others one that isn't. How one drives makes a difference, where one drives etc... Still, the webpage is able to make a projection on associated costs. The most revealing is the indirect costs.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: May 04, 2011 11:24PM

I costs me $50 a week, maybe $60.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables