Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

questions about high fruit diet
Posted by: merry ()
Date: May 06, 2011 01:25PM

I am inspired in some ways about the idea of high fruit diet and have been gradually been upping my fruit intake recently, but I'm not sure about some things...
I guess its Ok for a person who has a tendancy to putting on weight to say you wont get skinny, but what about for a person who finds it hard to keep weight on?

Also I've heard mixed reports about whether alot of fruit feeds candida or not but does anyone who has had candida have experience of whether it aggravated their symptoms or helped them?

I normally crave more savoury than sweet foods...eating so much sweet fruit is hard for me - did anyone here find that in beginning and now have you changed so you now crave the sweet fruit not savoury things? Or is that something you tended to already?

high sugar content is often linked to diabetic incidence...is fruit sugar a possible cause of that or is it not an issue as it isnt refined sugar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: questions about high fruit diet
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 06, 2011 04:25PM

I'm the same (about not craving sweets) so I keep my fruit at about 50/50 with the other stuff. I just can't do the high fruit diet either, not unless I'm doing it as a cleanse for a few days or something. I crave spicy foods and fats.

Date: May 06, 2011 06:14PM

fruit raises your blood sugar too high. Try raw starchy vegetables instead, like sweet potato.

Posted by: RawYogiBri ()
Date: May 06, 2011 07:59PM

I have heard a few discussions on the "candida" issue and some people believe that it's fixed with either

#1 Eating a high fat (nut's/seed's) veg juice/salad diet
#2 Eating a low fat (fruits/greens/juices) occasional fat sparsely (maybe an avocado a week

#3 Eating fruits, and greens all day and for your last meal introducing a handful of (nut's/seed's/avocado's)

I believe simply candida is just your body being overtaxed, and beat down by grains,dairy,meats,processed starches, and needs to rest, and recover.

The most common reason we are so stuck on savory, fat foods is because we are addicted to the tastes, and it acts like a drug that when one is starting to weed off fights, and screams to gain control over the body, and continue being used. Don't get me wrong i do believe at some point are body is clean enough, and free from its addiction of the mind, to tell you when it does need natural fats which i do feel is important to our bodies, but i do not feel it should be our staple source of food, but absorbed here, and there.

Type 2 diabetes is linked to processed harmful sugars to the body, not to be looked at the same by natural fruit sugars. wheather fat plays the major role in body imbalance by my statement #2 or #3 i am unsure, i think only you can truly tell in time as you listen to your body more, and more, and less with your mind, and it's craving of "drug".

I suggest consuming enough fruit in the day to keep you stable, not jittery, foggy minded, or weak, and if that means eating every hour or two do so, on this diet you should constantly feel energized, glowing, happy (not to say you won't have negative emotions come up)and feel a sense of playful.

Get outside, play, laugh, feel young, and thrive!

Yoga, living foods, exercise(fun activities), love, and laughter is the key to a healthy life. You are your own god so make it a positive experience and manifest a wonderful life.

I am vegan for moral reasons, I am raw because I love my body!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 08:04PM by RawYogiBri.

Date: May 07, 2011 12:34PM

thanks for the replies
I guess I'm more stuck on savoury carbohydrate foods like rice than fatty foods as far as craving go...and I know some raw food eaters would say to eat more fruit as the solution, but somehow it doesnt seem to work for me - but I have never eaten 30 (or even 10) bananas at a time either because psychologically it is still too difficult to get them down.
But I'm upping the fruit intake bit by bit to see how it feels because it does seem like some high fruit eaters feel great - I think the 50 / 50 idea corathegreen mentioned may be good for me...

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 07, 2011 02:51PM

Hey, it takes time to adjust to a high fruit diet. Fruit has a faster digestion time than other foods you may be used to eating, like grains and legumes and certain vegetables or nonsweet fruits. Just make sure you eat every hour or two hours or have a smoothie on hand.

As for your other thread, I consider 5-15% calories from fat "low fat"; 16-25% calories from fat as "moderate" fat intake; and 26% and above as "high fat." That's just my opinion, though. Remember that even green leafy vegetables have 6% or so calories from fat. smiling smiley Some people like 10% calories from fat; if I actually track it, I like about 15% on average (per year, not per day, necessarily).

Regardless if you eat a lot of nuts and seeds, avocados, and oils, make SURE TO EAT GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO IMPORTANT. smiling smiley SPROUTS ARE HEALTHY, TOO.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 07, 2011 04:25PM

Green leafy vegetables are the foundation of a good raw diet! And so yummy too. I'm just... addicted to green leaf lettuce lately. It's funny because I used to occasionally get a weird craving for Taco Bell (*God awful ugh), not because I literally would EVER eat it but because I used to eat it a lot when I was young and I swear my cells are still detoxing from it.

Anyway though, I find that if I take green leaf lettuce and chop it down into little strips and eat it with some tomatoes and avocado, it totally eliminates that craving. Because I used to love the taco bell lettuce. lol

Sorry that was a completely random story. lol

Date: May 07, 2011 05:55PM

i love lettuce (or other greens) and tomato, avocado, too!

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: May 08, 2011 11:41AM

Fruits don't give me high blood sugar. That's absurd! This is my fifth year of raw and fruits are the foundation, pillars and roof of my diet.

Date: May 08, 2011 12:47PM

so I assmue since you have been eating raw for 5 years you feel much better on that type of diet. But do you enjoy that diet - ie eating mostly sweet and not savoury things, and did you at the start or did you take some time to adapt to it and if so how long did it take to actually like eating so much fruit?/

Thank you!

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: May 09, 2011 12:15AM

Merry, I enjoy eating fruits. That's what I started my raw journey with and that's what I've stayed with. I eat some leafy greens from time to time but not often and not much.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: May 11, 2011 05:27AM

If need be, I can eat enough fruit cals in a morning meal to literally last me to the next morning if need be. Thats what I call 'optimum food for humans'. winking smiley

Date: May 11, 2011 02:33PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Just make sure you eat every hour or two hours or
> have a smoothie on hand."
>
> See.. that's why I would think fruit is not
> optimal for me. Why do I have to eat every hour or
> two? That's just simply impractical. Maybe if you
> were an ape and had to look for food all day and
> that's all you did.
>
> Besides.. usually it's "eat every 3-4 hrs". That's
> about the same time it takes to digest fats.

I don't know what's impractical about fueling your body with highly digestible and nutrient-rich foods. What do you mean "usually" "it's" "every 3-4 hours"? What is the "usually" and what is the "it"? *confused*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables