Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seeking literature on breast cancer
Posted by: rawne ()
Date: May 08, 2011 09:28PM

Can anyone direct me to some material that cogently explains the relationship between lifestyle, specifically diet, and the risk of cancer, specifically breast cancer?
A friend of mine discovered a large lump in her breast & her doctor, after performing an ultrasound, told her malignancy is highly suggested. She'll be having a biopsy tomorrow. She's lost her thyroid gland to a benign tumor some years ago &, while she eats some fresh food, her dietary is largely SAD. She's already talking about chemotherapy & radiation & I'd like to present her with alternative options but she first needs to understand how her lifestyle choices have contributed to her disease.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeking literature on breast cancer
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: May 10, 2011 06:25AM

Hi rawne:

The entire raw foods philosophy might be a bit much for your friend just now, but I suggest that you track down a book called "Your Life in Your Hands" by Jane Plant - fascinating information about the correlation between dairy consumption and cancer rates around the world. And the diet is entirely doable, even for someone completely accustomed to a SAD diet.

Good luck to your friend, I hope her biopsy turns out ok.

Sapphire

Date: May 10, 2011 10:47AM

Sapphire, thanks so much for your reply. I just passed along the information. rawne

Date: May 14, 2011 02:54PM

Sadly, my friend was just informed that, at a minimum, she has stage 1 breast cancer & has emphatically told me she is not interested in alternative treatment. She will learn next week whether the cancer has metastasized. If not, she will be receiving radiation & a lumpectomy.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 15, 2011 01:59AM

rawne,

Sorry your friend is going through this. I second the suggestion of looking into a dairy---->breast cancer correlation--it's established. Eliminating dairy is hardly "alternative therapy," as people do it for allergy reasons all the time. Wishing your friend luck.

Date: May 15, 2011 11:08AM

Tamukha,

Thanks for your input. I've heard of the established link between dairy & breast cancer. Don't know for a fact that she consumes dairy although I have a vague recollection of her at one time mentioning she eats yoghurt.
I was not referring to dietary modifications when I said she is adamant about wishing to go with the medical protocol. Her tumor is growing & at this point she needs aggressive, noninvasive intervention which the elimination of dairy alone will not provide. I was hoping she'd be open to an alternative to surgery & radiation.

rawne

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:55PM

So sorry, it sounds very complicated. I only know that eating raw does help the body rid acid, which cancer lives in. And I jump on my mini-tramp to move lymph (which are concentrated in breast tissue). And I don't use anti-persp.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables