Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Watermelon addiction!
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 24, 2006 04:26PM

I love watermelon! I eat 1/2 of a medium size watermelon a day! They are soo good I can't stop eating them. I crave watermelon everyday, and I feel great! Just wondering if anyone knows if this is too much. Sometimes I'll have a banana too, but mostly watermelon. Of course I'm eating veggies, sprouted nuts and seeds too. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watermelon addiction!
Posted by: goldsplinter ()
Date: September 24, 2006 04:29PM

cool

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: September 24, 2006 04:32PM

go for it! I'm not an expert, but they are sooo good for you, and your body knows!! If you felt funny after (like I feel funny after dates I love but are probably processed somehow) I would question it, but if you feel good, grrrreat!

:~D

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 24, 2006 07:28PM

I love watermelon too. The watermelon season is coming to an end, so enjoy it while it lasts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2006 07:40PM by Bryan.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 24, 2006 09:07PM

Yes, watermelon! Organic is best (if you can afford it).

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 24, 2006 10:17PM

Yes! I love watermelon too!!! I am so happy to see that others share the same passion for watermelon as I do!!! Long live watermelon!!! I use too many exclamation marks!!! winking smiley

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: September 25, 2006 03:25AM

I am with you!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 25, 2006 04:02AM

Its da bomb!

-David Mason

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 25, 2006 10:36AM

I only buy organic... but the season is ending =( Maybe I'll freeze a bunch, because I'm not sure how I'd manage without watermelon.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 26, 2006 09:57PM

i went through a phase of binging on watermelon. I thought i would enjoy it while it lasted,... and it made me feel blissful,... and it's an easy and yummy way of getting your energy/calories.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 27, 2006 07:51AM

who knows if half a watermelon is too much
what does "too much" mean cellularly?

does it mean yer cells are gonna lyse...
nope that ain't gonna happen cuz your extracellular matrix is
isotonic to yer cells anyhow

but ya never know...
i once read about how a purple cow blew up and exploded cuz he was fed too much coconut juice

heeee hawwwwwww!!

Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 27, 2006 10:38AM

lol a purple cow? i dont even like to think about what happens to animals in our world. its just sad. just the thought of putting something in a cage to take its resources (milk and eggs) even without killing it just keeping it in a cage is wrong, let alone torturing and ripping its head off and then grinding up the bones and every last part to feed to the world.. but what can we do?

i keep trying to find organic watermelon but no one has it.. oh well lol maybe tomorrow i'll go to a new store

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: September 27, 2006 02:48PM

I love watermelon too. I find it hard to get organic ones too, but when I do I am in heaven.

It could be a nutrient or something in them that we need and our body knows. Earlier in the summer I was like that with blueberries and was eating lots of them and now it is red grapes.

I'm hoping it is my body's wisdom that is leading me.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: September 27, 2006 06:46PM

My freezer is full of watermelon, grapes and cantelope, strawberries, blueberries, etc. I don't really like to eat a lot of frozen foods, but it's so hard to get organic where I live. Wal-mart and kroger, that's it.

So I've bought a lot of organic fruits from the farmers market when I could and decided to freeze some of it. This way I can combine fresh fruit (apples and oranges) with my frozen fruits and then add fresh greens for my smoothies this winter.

Watermelon - yeah! Sit in the sun with a watermelon on your lap and a spoon in your hand! Spit the seeds! Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 27, 2006 09:08PM

Alive said, "Watermelon - yeah! Sit in the sun with a watermelon on your lap and a spoon in you hand! Spit the seeds! Life is Good!"

Big smiles!!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 11:02PM

I eat some of the seed, they are good! Anyway, yes! I have been trying to get my fill of watermelon lately before it goes out of season. Maybe I shouldn't because the addiction will get me in the winter. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables