Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

SURVEY on viruses - also parents w/raw kids
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 25, 2006 03:41PM

Hello,

Ok the bacteria question has been answered - yes it is still possible to pick up bacterial infections.

Now for viruses -

First, have you contracted any viruses in the time that you've been raw? Like the flu?

Also, for parents of raw kids - what happened when your kids were exposed to chickenpox? Same scenario as for most children?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SURVEY on viruses - also parents w/raw kids
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 25, 2006 04:14PM

I think I might have, but I was barely effected by it. Like, there have been times when everybody I work with has gotten sick and cough on me (I hate it when my co-works come to work sick - seems they have no respect), about a day later I felt like a had mild hang over (and I hadn't been drinking). This normally happens once or twice during the winter, and I don't remember the "hangover" lasting more than a day (most of my co-works would spend a few days in the office sick - getting everybody else sick of course - then take a day or two off to recover).

Ian.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 03:58PM

Anyone else?

I wonder if there's a difference in illness rates amongst raw foodists when it comes to viruses vs. bacteria - as in, a bacterial infection would be a more likely illness than a viral? I wonder if the size of an organism is important?

I have so many questions about this, how infection REALLY happens. Maybe it's a combination of both the strength of one's immune system and the presence of an actual organism.

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 08:20PM

Wow, this is going to be a fascinating thread.

1> Have you thought of asking Jinjee of the garden diet re the childhood illness's. I believe in Chinese medicine that Chicken pox is the body ridding itself of toxins...Do less toxic children not have need of this?

2>When I went through detox I was aware when old viruses were being ejected. For a couple of years I had a virus in my foot, caught from a beach, that caused intense itching in the affected foot. A few years later in a deeper stage of detox it flared up again and is completely gone (or under control?). I had a wart on my finger as a child as well as eczema. I pulled the wart off. Recently I had an unexplained bout of eczema, it had arrived to push 2 warts out of my hand, (warts are viruses that the body cannot kill, so they get wapped in tissue to protect the body from them.) As soon as the warts came out, they disappeared RAPIDLY (with the aid of a brilliant homeopath)and all the exczema vanished....
I never get any more symptoms from a glandular fever type virus that used to re occur. ( Iused to go down with bouts of the Virus and was left with post viral syndrome). After being constantly ill for nearly 10 years, I never get illnow (touch wood).
Anna

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables