Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do nuts combine well with greens?
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: July 11, 2011 04:37PM

Do nuts combine well with greens? I want to start adding nuts to my salads to feel more full.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 04:38PM by WanderRA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do nuts combine well with greens?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 11, 2011 05:10PM

Yes. I would say that most veg combines well with nearly everything.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: July 11, 2011 06:11PM

I agree, I think greens are one of the rare things that combine well with most everything. I am not a big fan of eating nuts, but I do like grinding them and mixing them with raw vinegars and oils to make dressings. My absolute favorite thing on earth is raw vegan ranch dressing. smiling smiley I also like to make nut cheese from sunflower seeds and put that in nice chunks on my salads.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: July 11, 2011 06:52PM

Problem is I like to have either bell peppers or mango's as part of my leafy green salad to have something sweet to compliment the chlorophyll. So if I added nuts wouldnt that be poor food combining? (still using mango)

How can I have a sweet tasting, fattening + filling leafy green salad?

I could just have more carbs, but Ive been neglecting fat as of late and feel I need to veer that way.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 11, 2011 07:03PM

To be honest i don't really bother about what some consider proper food combining principles but that's only because i can digest pretty much anything i throw at my digestive system.

If your having trouble abit of testing about to see if its food combining can be helpful but if not fire away with more combination's in my opinion.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 11, 2011 08:06PM

The peppers are totally fine, they are not really a sweet fruit. If you have digestive issues have the mango without the nuts.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 12, 2011 07:03AM

Wander, I think you have to try it and see for yourself.

Everyone's different. I can't eat nuts with greens for sure. I can eat nuts with fruit just fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables