Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thoughts about detox. How can I make it come faster?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 26, 2006 02:20PM

im ready for the lifestyle change. i want to become a fruitarian. i want to completely cleanse my body (without doing a cleanse, can fruits cleanse by themselves?) how can i speed along the detox? should i just eat TONS of fruits if i can per day? lots of citrus fruits are cleansing correct? just curious what everyone's thoughts are about detoxing... thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts about detox. How can I make it come faster?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 26, 2006 03:46PM

I'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to speed up your detox (more bad things happening in a short space of time?).

Saying that, my transition to raw foods was fast. I water fasted 7 days (nothing but water, no juices or anything), then started eating raw. I didn't really notice any detox, I'm still not 100% sure I beleive in "detox", but it seems there is enough people going through it. Last thing I ate was a donut for breakfast, then water for 7 days, then raw veggies and fruit.

Ian.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 26, 2006 04:08PM

You can look into cleanses that are supposed to loosen the buildup in the digestive system. I've never done one myself besides the lemonade diet for a few days.

Cilantro is good for removing heavy metals like lead and mercury.

Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 26, 2006 05:07PM

i guess what im trying to ask is is it necessary to do a cleanse before starting a raw diet. for example if im successful and i end up staying fruitarian for 10 years at the end of that 10 years will there still be residues from processed foods in my body from not doing a cleanse?

do the fruits cleanse by themselves?

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 26, 2006 05:29PM

Hi Confuzed,

to answer your question, no it's not necessary to do any "cleansing" before starting a raw diet. There are no rules for this that need to be followed, everybody is different, a transition that took somebody 2 years and many cleanse thingys, could take another person a 1 day. If you feel the draw to go straight in at 100% raw, go for it! I certain have had no problems going from donut eater to 100% raw.

I think all raw things help to cleanse on there own. The key is cutting out the toxins that are present in cooked foods for that going to cause the need for detox. Once you are not ingesting damaged oils, protiens, sugars, etc., your body will take care of reducing the present levels of toxins.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 26, 2006 06:12PM

It is not necessary to do a cleanse before starting the raw diet, as your body will cleanse itself when it is ready. Before engaging in a water fast, you might want to eat the raw diet for a few months to make sure your body has all the nutrients it needs to sustain itself during a fast. A lot of people coming from the Standard American(Western) Diet might have a lot of body weight and look like they could sustain themselves over a long fast, but they are malnourished and lack important vitamins and mineral in their body. Eating a few months of raw before fasting will give your body these vital nutrients.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 26, 2006 06:23PM

Why do you want to make the detox come faster? Why not let your body go at the pace it chooses (it knows best!).

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 26, 2006 10:58PM

Confuzed:

-You are certainly correct - and Byran and the others have some great comments. Simply eating more light fruits, fruit juices (especially citrus and tropical fruits) along with fasting, light exercise, reasonable sunlight and sunbaths, avoiding chemicals, facing your feelings, and following your dreams - will increase your vibration. But you should always go at a level you are comfortable with - and stretch lightly from there.

-Just my opinions.

-David Mason

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 12:23AM

Juicing lemons at 6:00 a.m. then melon 90 min. later. really sped my detox. But I was already raw for 3 months. Just take it easylike the rest have said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables