Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Honey is ok, John Kohler is "Bee-gun"
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 22, 2011 04:23PM

ha Paul i was gonna ask the same thing grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 22, 2011 09:10PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BW,
>
> you a Carpenter's fan???
>
> Paul

LOL- last night I was going to put:

"Signed,
Karen Carpenter ANT!!! (Get it--insects?)

I'll do the honors: *GROAN*

Posted by: john ()
Date: August 31, 2011 03:50PM

For the record, I will state:

1. I advocate minimal use of honey and other bee products. Best sweeteners and nutrients (bee pollen) can be found in nature - ie: fruits and by eating fresh picked flowers that contain pollen that you collect..

2. I advocate each person that wants to eat honey or bee products keep their own bees (one hive can provide enough honey for a year). While honey bees are "imported" into the "new world", so are MANY of the other foods that we now eat. Bees play an integral role in farming and pollination of many of the crops that people eat. Growing my own food has made me more aware of each creatures role in this "food chain" and how if one link is broken, the whole thing can collape. What if there were NO honey bees??

3. Many imported honeys have been implicated in fraud cases based on my research. Imported honeys may have added things like high fructose corn syrup and/or other sweetners.. Many honeys (imported or not) may be made from bees that are being fed sugar water.. If you choose to eat honey and dont have your own hive, get it from a local farmer that you know is sustainably keeping their bees.

4. I turned "vegan" or "Bee-gan, if you prefer" for the HEALTH benefits, NOT for the animal rights reasons. Not to say I do not feel compassion for the animals, I do, and want to do no harm.. but my primary focus is the HEALTH BENEFITS. If you are vegan primarily for the animal rights aspect, I respect you for your choice. Please also respect me for mine. Due to all this, I have made the conscious choice now to use "plant based" or "plant sourced" diet vs vegan, as I have learned that Im not fond of labels or being put into a box.

5. I continue to teach what I have learned.. eat a natural plant based diet.. that you grow yourself. One of my upcoming projects is to keep my own bees, that will help me grow more food. At the same time, I will provide a safe home for them, and provide them with an abundant amount of flowers so they can live too. There are even bee rescues in my area that need people to "foster" bees that are rescued.. People have been going around and spraying "raid" in hives because of there "fear" of bees.. or maybe its just bee-haters?

6. I will make an update to the forum rules to re-define the "rules", for those that want it clear, when I get a chance.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 31, 2011 05:46PM

john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the record, I will state:
>
>....
> 6. I will make an update to the forum rules to
> re-define the "rules", for those that want it
> clear, when I get a chance.

Thanks John. Looks like you just did. The following now reads in the rules thread above: "The spirit of the Living & Raw Foods Community discussion forums is to support fellow vegan (plant based including honey) living foods health enthusiasts on their path to higher health and quality of life". I object to the wording since vegan doesn't include honey. Recommend changing to "vegan and other plant based living foods health enthusiasts (e.g. those using honey in minimal quantities)."

Sorry to lose you John. Respect your decision and all you do.

Paul

Posted by: cy ()
Date: August 31, 2011 06:13PM

Krefcenz,I couldn't open your youtube video.
Could you send it again? Thanks so much

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: September 01, 2011 06:58PM

Cy,

I'm not around much any more. But had no Youtube video in my post. You may have meant John's. If so here it is . [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: September 01, 2011 07:38PM

apologies, this is the correct link: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 02, 2011 03:37AM

Hey Krefcenz,

Thanks so much. I knew about agave since 2007,and also kevin Gianni was talking about that too.

Thanks for the carob tree video too.Wow! I've never seen a carob tree in my life and now I'll look for it.

ps)sorry to loose you too,but don't be too hard on yourself and others.We are trying to live in this complicated planet of ours, and sometimes some things don't matter at all.
In my opinion to be happy is the most important thing. Life is too short.

Another thing: we are a big family here,and family has (many)problems too.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: September 05, 2011 06:55AM

Don't mean to butt in here, but I think the major problem is the title of the site. It doesn't have the word vegan in it. I suppose it makes it more interesting, and keeps things open for raw/living foods enthusiasts who aren't vegan. You guys all seem to know each other, but I'd just like to say that I finally watched the agave warning video.

It's true, it's a fairly new item on the market. What's the truth? I personally feel like crap lately. My health is the worst ever. going raw, then switching it up, being trapped in negative food circumstances for extended periods, trying to go raw again, ugh. I feel so sick of it all i don't even want to eat anymore. nothing feels good right now except the olives (thank you David Wolfe and/or Alissa Cohen) and avocado/ watercress, etc. Salad i've been eating.

I agree, I felt way better when I used to just have a teeny bit of honey now and then. i've never heard about all that sugar water business. I thought bees have short life spans and die off every season. i mean, honestly, in the interest of purity ( a VEGAN trait most laudable on high) honey is all organic naturally because bees are so sensitive to pesticides that they die if exposed. At least this is what I read somewhere once. probably a magazine.
I imagine agave syrup like aloe juice. Some nice refreshing chunky aloe juice sounds way better than agave syrup if it's processed. It's not like "cactus sap"?

i do feel like crap, maybe it has something to do with the agave syrup.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables