Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Flax seeds - again!
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: September 27, 2006 10:42PM

I'm still confused about flax seeds and enzyme inhibitors. I soak nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and rinse them and then let them sprout and then dehydrate them. It was my underatanding that they need to be rinsed because the enzyme inhibitors were still in the water? So, here's my question about flax. If I mix flax seeds with water and let them sit until they absorb the water and then use them in a cracker recipe, have the enzyme inhibitors been neutralized or not?

I always felt that flax seeds were such a healthy addition to my diet and now I'm confused. Thanks!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flax seeds - again!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2006 03:23AM

The soaking issue was discussed in another thead. [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
It is not that important to soak seeds, we are supposed to eat a small amount of seeds so the few inhibitors will not hurt that much as long as your diet provide plenty of other enzymes. When seeds are soaked the sprouting process will start and the inhibitors if any will get into the water but the most important thing is that the life force in the seed has been activated. It is not that easy to rinse flax seeds so few inhibitors in the water is not a big issue.

Re: Flax seeds - again!
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 28, 2006 09:46AM

Agreed, a few enzyme inhibitors won't kill you!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables