Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit and Restoring Intestinal Balance
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: August 18, 2011 04:01PM

Hello-

I'm in the process of restoring balance of the beneficial bacteria in my gut, and, among other things, I'm doing probiotics and avoiding carbohydrates and fruit (with the exception of berries in the morning).

I've been avoiding fruit so that I won't be feeding the overgrowth of yeast, but I really miss it! It is such a wonderful food that my body really loves. But I'm wondering, do you think I should just hold off for a while and let my body get back into balance? Or is fruit a good thing for me now? All of the standard candida diets say to avoid it, with the exception of one raw fooders blog about how it is a cleansing food that the body quickly metabolizes and should be taken in moderation.

Anybody have any insights?

Re: Fruit and Restoring Intestinal Balance
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 18, 2011 04:12PM

powerlifer will probably chime in here, but I have found from experience that limiting fruit isn't advisable. The brain needs carbs to function, as do all cells; limiting sugars to starve fungal cells also starves healthy native cells, which is obviously counterproductive. Also, some sweet fruits, such as bananas and berries, contain the prebiotic substances that help probiotic colonies "stick." If you are going to limit fruit because of its fast metabolizing sugars, please be sure to consume sufficient cooked carbs from beans and grains, both good sources of prebiotics.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 18, 2011 05:22PM

It really depends with disorders like dysbiosis, some develop carbohydrate intolerance which is where the majority of the horrible symptoms come from after ingestion of carbohydrate rich foods rather than the fungi or bacteria as thought by many.

On the other hand if you can tolerate fruit without symptoms they contain indigestible fibers which act as prebiotics.

Personally i would test how you feel yourself, if you believe to have the above conditions and consuming fruit produces no adverse symptoms then continue to do so as fruit is a great food, on the other hand if it produces undesirable symptoms it would be wise to limit consumption until you get your digestion into gear.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 18, 2011 09:03PM

Thanks you guys.

Here's my dilemma:
I'm not even sure if I'd be able to tell if they are producing an adverse affect! I already feel so "off." I really miss fruit in the morning, in a smoothie. So what I might do is add just a small amount more for a few days, and see if I can notice feeling any worse. If I can't really tell, then I guess I'll assume they're going to be good for me now.

I've been making a super simple smoothie with berries and spirulina for breakfast. Today I added a peach from my mom's orchard. omg... It was so good. I really miss fruit.

The reason I posted this question, is that I don't want to slow down my recovery unnecessarily by feeding the "unfriendly bacteria." It sounds like you both are telling me that isn't really a concern.

Date: August 18, 2011 10:00PM

From your other posts it sounds more like your adrenal glands and thyroid that are the problem and fruit is good for adrenal fatigue due to the rich vitamin C content. Vitamin C is the most needed nutrient by the adrenal glands and the adrenals require higher concentrations when stressed.

See how you get on like i say if your not having any bad symptoms such as of the digestion or feeling any worse than you do id say go ahead as fruit can be a good source of micro-nutrients and other beneficial phyto-nutrients and compounds that have great health benefits.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 18, 2011 11:09PM

Thanks, PL, I'm going to do that. Hopefully the craving for fruit is real, and not the yeast begging for food.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 19, 2011 05:23AM

Fruit feeds the good bacteria too. As well as all the cells in your body, which run off of glucose or fructose.

Its best to look for the cause of your proliferation of bad bacteria. Also, take a look at any herbal substances or other supplementation or superfoods that may have an antimicrobial or antibiotic property, as this will harm the good bacteria.

Also, your emotional and energetic state can have an effect on whether the good or bad bacteria in your digestive system dominate. When the bad bacteria dominate, they cause the of the neutral bacteria to start acting like bad bacteria. The inverse is true also, that when the good bacteria dominate, the neutral bacteria behave like good bacteria.

I have recently been taking a probiotic known as Syntropic Antioxidative Microbes Type 4 (SAM Type 4). I have been taking them because the purple non sulfur bacteria in them will take ordinary minerals and put them into an ormus state. These microbes have a great energy (chi/prana) to them and they put me into a good mood. The nice thing about these probiotics is that there a dozens of microbe strains in the probiotic, and they are all living harmoniously together. Many probiotics on the markets are blended from freeze dried monocultures of microbes, and when they activate in your digestive system, they may compete with one another. With SAM Type 4, the microbes are bred and grown to work as a consortium in a symbiotic fashion.

These microbes have many other applications beside being a probiotic. They help heal skin, the have a deodorizing property, and I use them to keep my compost bucket in my kitchen from smelling bad (they are the same microbes used in bokashi composting). I also use them as an air freshener, for cleaning my floors, for reducing the amount of detergent I use in my laundry, for inoculating my garden soil, and as a mother culture for making salt free fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchee, and pickles.

As for what they did for my digestion, it used to be if I ate a raw gourmet meal, I would be low energy for a day and detoxing for that day. Nowadays, these microbe burn through that heavy food and turn the organic toxins into nutrients.

Date: August 19, 2011 02:41PM

Interesting, Prana--thanks for posting that!

Date: August 19, 2011 04:03PM

Great, Prana. Very interesting. Where did you purchase that probiotic? Is that the actual brand name of it?

And I have been attempting to discover the cause of this imbalance for many months now. I have posted in another recent thread called "cause of candida: fat vs. sugar" where I have outlined a bunch of symptoms and what I have been doing.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the probiotic. I'd like to find out more about that.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 19, 2011 04:46PM

What is "ormus"?

Date: August 19, 2011 08:14PM

Why, Paul, so glad you asked!

[www.subtleenergies.com]

Years ago, at my favorite health food store, the manager I most liked and respected started talking about how he had his wife and kid on gold ormus during cold and flu season and that they were the only people in the neighborhood to not experience so much as a sniffle. I sat there thinking, "What in the heck is this guy talking about?" The website above explains it all quite comprehensively.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 04, 2011 04:18PM

marsh,

There several companies that sell the SAM Type 4 probiotic. I get mine from SCD Probiotics, which sells one of the more potent ones, but a very popular company is EMRO USA.

Here is an article that describes the ormus benefits of the SAM Type 4 probiotics: Ormus-like Phenomena: A Brief Introduction to Syntropic Antioxidative Microbial (SAM) Type 4 Consortia, Including EM and to PNSB, a Group of of Microbes which Form the Heart of the SAM Type 4 Consortia

On that same website is a description of how to make high ormus water, including a description of how to make a device out of cans and magnetite sand to increase the ormus energy found in water: Some Notes on an Experimental Ormus Effect Technology Employing Magnetite Sand and Exotic Mineral Compounds for Transforming Water and Other Liquids

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: September 04, 2011 06:15PM

Marsh, I think I should point out that you already said when you went back to the fruit smoothies you felt terrible? So maybe all that yeast is fermenting your smoothies into alcohol and your a little to drunk to remember this? lol, just joking. My mother acts like she is drunk after comsuming fruit, and i am sure she is. Also i hope you are not eating conventional fruit.

Date: September 04, 2011 09:58PM

Prana-
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'll check that out.

rzman10001-
Actually, I really think the timing was coincidental. I think I was in a period of some heavy detoxing when I posted that comment. I'm feeling much, much better and I believe I have found some balance and am on a good program right now, thanks to some great ideas and advice I got here, as well as trial and error on my part.

The smoothies are not intensely sweet, they're organic, and they are small, only about 12 oz. I'm not getting drunk. haha! If I wanted to do that, I'd just eat some wheat, that stuff knocks me out. I was really missing having fruit in my diet, and I believe it is essential for me.

And... best of all, I am so close to being all raw these days, probably around 90-95%. It is so good for me to eat this way. I love all you guys, and I'm so grateful for this forum!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 09:59PM by marsh.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: September 06, 2011 01:28AM

marsh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> rzman10001-
> Actually, I really think the timing was
> coincidental. I think I was in a period of some
> heavy detoxing when I posted that comment.

Yes that's what I figured but I could'nt resist.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 08, 2011 04:22PM

Where do they get the organisms for their probiotic pills? What are the natural sources of these organisms?

All the other great apes, gorillas, chimps, bonobos, and orangutans get everything they need from their diet to build strong healthy bodies without taking any supplements.

What's the rational for us taking probiotic pills? Is even organic food so out of balance (perhaps by unavoidable pollution) that we need supplements?

Date: September 08, 2011 04:31PM

These animals aren't routinely subjected to the same amount of stress, antibiotics, medications, poor diet that us humans are though.

Probiotics are just a convenient way to repopulate your gut flora, fermented foods are cheaper and preferred in my opinion. You never know how long a bottle of probiotics has sat on the shelf or if its been kept in hot weather thus reducing the good bacteria count.

[www.vegankindgom.co.uk]

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:41PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> marsh,
>
> There several companies that sell the SAM Type 4
> probiotic. I get mine from SCD Probiotics, which
> sells one of the more potent ones, but a very
> popular company is EMRO USA.
>
> Here is an article that describes the ormus
> benefits of the SAM Type 4 probiotics: Ormus-like
> Phenomena: A Brief Introduction to Syntropic
> Antioxidative Microbial (SAM) Type 4 Consortia,
> Including EM and to PNSB, a Group of of Microbes
> which Form the Heart of the SAM Type 4 Consortia
>
> On that same website is a description of how to
> make high ormus water, including a description of
> how to make a device out of cans and magnetite
> sand to increase the ormus energy found in water:
> Some Notes on an Experimental Ormus Effect
> Technology Employing Magnetite Sand and Exotic
> Mineral Compounds for Transforming Water and Other
> Liquids

Anyone has used this product?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables