Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What if all the SAD eaters went raw
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 28, 2006 04:04PM

Do you think produce would go up in price? It would be weird to walk into the grocery and be able to see the whole store because all the high shelves would be replaced by low produce stands!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2006 04:15PM by Lillianswan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What if all the SAD eaters went raw
Posted by: greenman ()
Date: September 28, 2006 04:14PM

supply and demand and capitalism, yes prices will go up becuase more people will be wanting to buy it than now.

Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 28, 2006 05:10PM

i wouldn't mind. better health of other people = better health of the planet.

omg can you even imagine what would happen? America wouldn't be obese anymore lol..

all the pharmaceutical companies would lose their money and everyone would be disease free and happy.

Date: September 28, 2006 05:11PM

not to mention the poor battered and beaten animals all mutated and mutilated would be free to run around and just be animals like they were supposed to.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 29, 2006 03:52PM

I think if everybody went raw we wouldn't have to worry about supply and demand because people would A) need a whole lot less food, and cool smiley probably prefer to run around in the sun and/or forage for wild plants with their equally liberated raw friends than worry about how much money they have.

Maybe?

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: September 29, 2006 04:20PM

Prices would probably go out initially, but then they would go way down because we wold no longer be uses vast resources for meat and dairy products.
I think that appliance prices (juicers, blenders, dehydrators, etc.) would go up and stay up though.

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: September 29, 2006 06:09PM

Or maybe people will become cleared minded and realize how useless, unprodutive and destructive money really is and abolish it and form a better world.

In result everything will cost nothing but good labour and sharning.

Yes, I am dreamer the world could be a better place.

Date: September 29, 2006 06:15PM

^^ i always think of that too. whatever happened to bartering. if everyone offered something they made in exchange for something they wanted, imagine.....

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 29, 2006 07:35PM

What does SAD stand for?

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 29, 2006 07:50PM

SAD = Standard American Diet

(it also stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder but on this board it'll prob always reference Standard American Diet)

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 29, 2006 08:03PM

Great thread.

We'd be using a lot less fuel, since nobody would be cooking anymore!

Best wishes, -Ally

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 30, 2006 12:22AM

The government would be subsidizing fresh produce rather than grains for animals, animal foods, animal products, and oils for frying fast foods.

We'd be spending a lot less on health care.

We'd save a lot of energy and water and create a lot less pollution.

But we'd still have an obesity problem. There would be almond butter and avocado junkies. Raw cookies and cakes. Etc.

Date: September 30, 2006 01:28AM

We'd still find a way of messing that up too.....

Date: September 30, 2006 06:48AM

Ok, I just figured myself out and the deep psychological, subconsious reason why I asked this question - certain produce is going out of season - and my subconsious is trying to make sense of why the food is dissapearing and has come to the conclusion that other people are eating the food.

I kind of have this little recuring . . . nightmare, daymare maybe . . . that one day there will be this big announcement that raw food is the way to go and then I'll go shopping and the produce section will be picked clean.

Maybe this has something to do with the dissapearance of cherries a few weeks ago, and the grapes are going up in price and the watermelons are no longer in 4-5 big bins outside the store but they are inside in one little bin and will soon be gone. I'm not used to eating seasonally like this, I remember being excited when produce came into season, but before now I've never missed it when it went out of season.

Ha, ha, ha - I feel like laughing at my subconsious.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 30, 2006 02:22PM

that's funny!!

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 30, 2006 09:11PM

reading this thread makes me so happy!

apples are going to get really cheap soon. we have a lot of local orchards. and after apples and concord grapes and pears, we'll get citrus fruits!

the world would be so much more beautiful if there were less grain fields, and oklahoma and texas wouldn't make me retch! and the rain-forest would be cultivated, not destroyed. ach. it would be loverly.

don't worry, summer fruits are fading, but winter fruits are also delicious. i'm so joyful that we have the technology to carry the tropical/warm weather fruits across the world to those of us who need them during the winter months.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 01, 2006 02:32PM

if all sadeaterswentrawthenit would be quitea different world wouldn't it now
so many things that don't know evenwheretostartsowearestartingitnowutopias within our own bodies
that isneat
thenewmatrixishereandalive

Date: October 02, 2006 03:48AM

You're so right Mama Cass, we are so lucky to have stuff shipped to us in winter!

This is just going to make me appreciate things when they are in season so much more. A little deprivation is actually more interesting than always having the same food available.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables