Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

too much fruit???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: September 30, 2011 10:43PM

I have been eating a lot of fruit lately trying to change things up and see if i feel better... just coming off of a 2 day water fast and 2 day juice feast... and i have noticed that when i eat my meal of fruit or even drink some juice that my stomach starts to feel funny and it is sort of hard to breathe ... it seems like maybe it is the sugar as I had some... Now don't gasp... raw honey the other day and the same thing happened... any one have a similar experience or have any idea what this may be... and when i push on my stomach specific it is tender... really the whole upper abdomen is tender but especially there... appreciate the feed back...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: too much fruit???
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 01, 2011 01:14PM

Hi, luvyuu!

What sort of juices? Also, are you mono eating fruit, say a small serving of apples--wait--a small serving of pears--wait--a small serving of whatever? I have found that smaller portions taken more often work better for me, especially if I've not been eating larger meals for a time. I guess Doug Graham would say my stomach isn't sufficiently "stretched" yet smiling smiley Please bear in mind that if your liver is at all compromised, it will have difficulty processing large amounts of sugar all at once. I know from experience that this can cause discomfort, and that scaling back can help.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 02, 2011 12:19PM

For many the digestive system is not processing food properly after many years of abuse and it takes a lot work to get it back to normal. Juices and fruits still need to be processed assimilated. Intestinal flora replenishing, small portion, regular fasting help a lot

Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 03, 2011 05:10PM

Maybe its not fruit per se, but *certain* fruits that don't agree with you right now?

You could try one berry meal, one citrus meal, one melon meal, and one apple/pear meal and try to find out if one type of fruit in particular is the suspect...

Posted by: Coleen ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:30AM

Hello to all.According to my experience there is no universal diet for all people..so what effective for me can be uneffective for you! So it is the same with the fruits what is good for someone elses body can make you fell pretty uncomfortable.If you insist on doing this diet may be the best thing to do is to change the fruits and the juices! Hope it will be working!

DukanDiet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables