Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Oh. My. God!!! Re: Adya Clarity!!! Alert!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:06PM

[www.naturalnews.com]

Read it and weep. Any people who bought this stuff? I must admit, I heard Matt Monarch rave about how great it was and the only thing that prevented me from buying it was the cost. So I have been wondering WHY he hasn't made videos in a couple of weeks and upon checking his Youtube channel, I read a comment by someone calling him a FRAUD because he removed all his videos singing the praises of Adya Clarity (I have not checked the validity of this fact myself; I am just reporting what I read). So I looked up the consumer alert and was floored. BATTERY ACID?! That is what it is imported as!

I wonder if this has any bearing on Matt's absence from video-making...The link has an article which just came out today so I cannot say for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh. My. God!!! Re: Adya Clarity!!! Alert!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:19PM

LOLOLOLOLOL!! Big shocker! People who try to sell you stuff are after your money, who knew?! Pft. I am so glad I don't buy into any of that magical mystery phood.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:31PM

He might be a bona-fide psychopath, but let's give credit to everyone who deserves it, sweet little Angela made a vid claiming that adya clarity cured her candida. Here's a link to a google search for "adya clarity matt monarch." None of the results are still there, but you can see what was once there.

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2011 11:32PM by HeavenHands.

Date: October 28, 2011 11:32PM

Yeah but they said it was good for everything that ails ya! ALUMINUM?! Oh Lord have mercy. I wanna know if anyone on here bought it. I am sure they did. I read people bought the White Ormus so yeah.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:34PM

Laughing almost too hard to type!

OK, calmer now. This is seriously stupid; consider how many people bought this and started taking it on Matt and Angela's sayso. That it was sea micro-organism doo-doo now seems an almost quaint objection to have had against this product sad smiley

Date: October 28, 2011 11:35PM

Ormus ~ you mean the "clam chowder" juice? LOL, I'll always laugh over that one.

Date: October 28, 2011 11:36PM

@Heavenhands: That video is dated May 2010. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and ASSume that they didn't know about the ingredients until the alert was issued. After all, when confronted about why he didn't include aluminum sulfate as one of the ingredients (and it's supposedly a notable amount) the maker said something to the effect of "I didn't feel like it." If it's not on the label, I don't expect Matt and Angela to know about it. I just am curious when they found out about the warning. Their absence is conspicuous and I also think Matt should have immediately issued a statement regarding the alert. According to the Youtube commenter, it is still being sold on the rawfoodworld site but again, I haven't corroborated it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2011 11:48PM by banana who.

Date: October 28, 2011 11:38PM

Wait, Tam: you are confusing Adya with the zooplanktondoodoo! Adya is battery acideye rolling smiley

Coco, when I posted about white ormus, someone (or more than one) went and ordered it. LOL

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:40PM

These folks sure like to delete their old youtubes!

Date: October 28, 2011 11:43PM

Caveat emptor I'm afraid. I've bought some useless products in my time but thankfully nothing dangerous!

Date: October 28, 2011 11:43PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These folks sure like to delete their old
> youtubes!

Ha ha...Erase the "evidence." winking smiley Makes me wonder about the zooplanktoopoop...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2011 11:43PM by banana who.

Date: October 28, 2011 11:45PM

Coco, doesn't it make you think about supplements in general? I hear about the latest, greatest thing and always get suckered into thinking that it may be the answer (even if I don't buy it). What a RELIEF to have this break wide open--I had actually thought about getting some and "doing some shots," LOL

Date: October 28, 2011 11:47PM

Still on their site:

<Adya Clarity is a Para-magnetic sulfate mineral solution that is extracted from Biotite/Black Mica volcanic deposit in Japan.

Magnetism is one of the most powerful forces of nature. Adya Clarity’s Magnetic Sulfate Minerals utilize this powerful force by attracting contaminants and clumping them into larger sized particulates. These clumps are heavier than water and, therefore, become sediment. Before your eyes, you will see dissolved, invisible contaminants become insoluble and visible! With this ability, even muddy water can now be made clear.>

Date: October 28, 2011 11:50PM

You see, that sounds like complete bunk to me. Whenever anything sounds too good to be true I assume that it is.

I take some whole food supplements, I've got some herbs and tinctures, some green powders etc. But it's all FOOD, nothing fancy or mysterious about it. And it's all just supportive, no miracles.

Now face creams... I have to hold myself back from believing the hype about those! Somehow I manage to resist (I think it's the strong perfume, they all stink to high heaven!).

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:07AM

Okay, but it's doubtful that the battery-acid containing product cured her candida. Therefore, they straight-up lied or hugely stretched the truth. Even if they didn't know about the aluminum sulfate, it's highly doubtful that the product worked as they said. Do you see what I'm saying? If I go and say that a little orange pill cured my stomach-ache without knowing that it contained arsenic, I'm still a liar. They're irresponsible because they sell and promote products that they don't thoroughly understand and THEY are dishonest because they make bogus claims about cures associated with the product. But hey, maybe battery acid really does cure candida! Doubt it.

Honestly, I have no idea why people bend over so hard trying to pretend that she's an innocent bystander. At least I give her credit for being intelligent enough to know what's so obviously going on.

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Heavenhands: That video is dated May 2010. I am
> giving them the benefit of the doubt and ASSume
> that they didn't know about the ingredients until
> the alert was issued. After all, when confronted
> about why he didn't include aluminum sulfate as
> one of the ingredients (and it's supposedly a
> notable amount) the maker said something to the
> effect of "I didn't feel like it." If it's not on
> the label, I don't expect Matt and Angela to know
> about it. I just am curious when they found out
> about the warning. Their absence is conspicuous
> and I also think Matt should have immediately
> issued a statement regarding the alert. According
> to the Youtube commenter, it is still being sold
> on the rawfoodworld site but again, I haven't
> corroborated it.

Date: October 29, 2011 12:19AM

The reason I say that is that I believe that toxic substances CAN do things such as get rid of candida. There are other substances (radon comes to mind) that are supposedly toxic but still used to "cure" certain conditions. In any case, I don't think Angela is the sort of person who would be deliberately dishonest. Not that I know her personally, but I just don't get that vibe from her. The people who usually allow themselves to be dishonest are people who are SO ambitious that they lose their moral bearings. She doesn't strike me as one of those types at all.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: October 29, 2011 01:11AM

Interesting, I've never heard of Adya Clarity before, but here's some info:

Here's a Material Data Safety Sheet for Aluminum Sulfate:
[www.deltachemical.com]

(yes this stuff is indeed harmful to ingest!)

Wikipedia showing it's uses:
[en.wikipedia.org]

(it is used as a water purifier)

edits: I have a cold and keep mistyping...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 01:14AM by swimmer.

Date: October 29, 2011 01:25AM

"Magnetism is one of the most powerful forces of nature. Adya Clarity’s Magnetic Sulfate Minerals utilize this powerful force by attracting contaminants and clumping them into larger sized particulates. These clumps are heavier than water and, therefore, become sediment. Before your eyes, you will see dissolved, invisible contaminants become insoluble and visible! With this ability, even muddy water can now be made clear."

Marketeers, ya gotta love um....All fluff way of saying to causes suspended particulates to clump, and settle.

Here's some more interesting info:
[www.aluminumsulfate.net]

Date: October 29, 2011 01:29AM

Interesting about that Wikipedia entry: aluminum sulfate is in baking powder. I assume it's in much less quantity than Adya Clarity? I always thought it was strange that baking soda was demonized and they tell you to buy baking powder and it is in that, too!

Date: October 29, 2011 01:31AM

Anyone willing to take bets on how long before the Adya gets "scrubbed" from Matt's site? When this cat totally gets out of the bag, I wonder if he'll have to make a statement or if legal reasons suggest it's better not to comment on it.

Date: October 29, 2011 02:04AM

I'd have to look up why it's used baking powder, perhaps an anti-caking agent?

It also confirmed what I thought. This was the stuff they banned from antiperspirants. I think it was shown to cause Alzheimer's.

From [www.adyaclarity.com]

"Additionally contains up to 100 trace minerals including aluminum, barium, cobalt, copper, germanium, lithium, molybdenum, nickel, rubidium, selenium, silicon, silver, titanium, tungsten, vanadium."

The interesting thing here is this stuff is supposed to clarify water, but it's adding other contaminants...I can't believe anyone who bought this stuff didn't take a few minutes to see what it really is.

Some of those minerals are part of human chemical make-up, but...

Barium:

[www.lenntech.com]

"The health effects of barium depend upon the water-solubility of the compounds. Barium compounds that dissolve in water can be harmful to human health. The uptake of very large amounts of barium that are water-soluble may cause paralyses and in some cases even death.

Small amounts of water-soluble barium may cause a person to experience breathing difficulties, increased blood pressures, heart rhythm changes, stomach irritation, muscle weakness, changes in nerve reflexes, swelling of brains and liver, kidney and heart damage."

Titanium is used for artificial joints because to can handle the corrosive environment of the human body. I can't find one single "food or suppliant" use for it.

Date: October 29, 2011 02:36AM

You can buy aluminum-free baking soda smiling smiley. Baking powder too, if you still bake or know people who do.

Date: October 29, 2011 02:52AM

yup, it is for anti-caking purposes only. It's hard to believe what is put into foodstuffs just for the convenience of not have to break up clumps.

I think Mike Adams (the author) is approaching it from the wrong point though. More than likely, the Aluminum Sulfate is removed during the manufacturing process. It's commonly used to "clean" water, and is discarded with the settled contaminants.

If I were him, I would seriously look into that "...up to 100 trace minerals.." I think that's where this product is on shaky ground. I wonder what the PPM's are.

Date: October 29, 2011 03:12AM

Dang, time expired on the edit....

Here is the periodic table color-coated by needs of the human body. Hard to read the full element names.

[www.vaughns-1-pagers.com]

Posted by: rawgarden ()
Date: October 29, 2011 10:34AM

Latest update from NN & Matt [www.naturalnews.com]

I guess Mike Adams should probably pull both Zeolite(aluminum silicate) and Bentonite Clay that he sells from his store as they contain trace levels of aluminum as does adya clarity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 10:37AM by rawgarden.

Date: October 29, 2011 01:12PM

banana who,

Yes, I am confusing one snake oil patent medicine with another, shame on me! winking smiley

Date: October 29, 2011 01:15PM

rawgarden,

Good point, but I would argue that the ppm for Adya Clarity, because of its concentrated nature, may be within the limits for toxicity, if used as directed.

Date: October 29, 2011 01:35PM

I have been using adya clarity since Matt Monarch first introduced it on his website so i was naturally worried when i read the article. Now im not though the article is very sensationlist and almost as a tabloid would report taking some information and twisting it truly out of context. This is the response i got from the adya distributor.

Every element in our product is in trace quantities (if that is how you're
defining trace 1 mg/L) when consumed at 1 mg per liter, except for the iron
(which is only at 1.2 mg). The aluminum is at 1 mg per liter when diluted
properly, therefore, it is considered trace according to this definition.

Date: October 29, 2011 02:45PM

I agree that the article was sensational, but hey it's a blog. You always have to research things.

I don't understand their response to you though.

They are selling you a product that is supposed to be "clarified water". They also advertize that it supplies you with all these great minerals. (some you don't need, and some that are harmful).

The response to you sounds like they are trying to say there are minimal amounts of theses minerals in there.

Sound like they are trying to market from two competing ends of the spectrum.

Date: October 29, 2011 02:51PM

Yes it seems that is the case from my minimal research today that many natural products and foods contain trace levels of these metals. From my research so far i have found similar products such as zeolite(aluminum silicate), bentonite clay, real salt and sea vegetables to be suspect. Someone will understand this all more on here?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables