Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Donating Blood
Posted by: Holly ()
Date: October 05, 2006 01:36AM

I have problems donating blood. I love to do it to help people. However my blood pressure tends to run slightly low, about 108/70. My pulse runs about 68. And my hematacrit is a little on the low side, but not below normal. I'm not close to the minimal weight to donate. Even when I ate red meat a few days before donating and drinking plenty of fluids, I would still have a relatively low hematacrit and blood pressure. (I don't eat red meat anymore. My body rejects it.) I react badly to losing a pint of blood. I become nauseous and my blood pressure would drop. At one point I actually threw up from the nausea, low blood pressure, and too much fluids.

I know I should eat more iron, drink more fluids, and have a little extra sodium and sugar before I donate, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Does anyone have any suggestions to be a better donor?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables