Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my food sensitivity test results not good at all....
Posted by: THeSt0rm ()
Date: November 10, 2011 08:06AM

Low reaction:

banana
cranberry
nectarine
peach
pear
raspberry
strawberry
Oat
Rye
Peanut
Beet
Cabbage
Soy
Tomato

Moderate Reaction (Have only once every 4 Days preferably after a 3 months avoiding):
Apple
Buckwheat
Plum
Apricot
Asparagus
Carrot
Green Pepper
Onion
Red Grape
Avocado
Cauliflower
Orange
Rice
Barley
Celery
Sesame
Papaya
Sunflower Seed
Black Olive
Coffee
Lentil
Pea
Walnut
Blueberry
Cucumber
Lettuce
Pecan
watermelon
Garlic
Pineapple
Lima Bean
Wheat

Strong Reaction:
Almond
Broccoli
Corn
Green Bean
Kidney Bean
Lemon
Spinach
Squash

This sucks....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my food sensitivity test results not good at all....
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 10, 2011 08:14AM

What sort of test was this? A standard clinical one? What did the doctor advise you to eat if you don't want to eat fruit?

Date: November 10, 2011 08:20AM

i wonder if this takes into account sprouted seeds/nuts/grains/legumes.

i shd get a more thorough test that includes more veggies.

Date: November 10, 2011 08:21AM

Life Extension offers these tests, I didnt have to see a doctor to get the test done.

Date: November 10, 2011 08:26AM

I would anyway. You aren't partial to a high fruit diet, and that's pretty much all you aren't sensitive to, according to Life Extension.

Date: November 10, 2011 08:49AM

yea, though as i said sprouts aren't taken into consideration. i was also thinking of fermented nuts/seeds. also if omega 3s are balanced into the equation in good ratio with omega 6s would it help any with controlling the inflammatory response..

Date: November 10, 2011 09:01AM

let''s see...

another option would be to restore intestinal flora.

The lady I spoke with says the compound that usually causes the inflammatory response are proteins.

So if one sprouts, and/or ferments, and/or restores intestinal flora, and or takes a lot of omega 3s to get the ratio at least 1:4 omega 3 to 6, I guess that would minimize any sort of inflammatory responses to these foods.

Hope I'm right....

As for the high fruit diet suggestion... I still do get allergy symptoms from fruit I'm not supposed to have any (or moderate-high) reaction to. I still get sneezing and runny nose after eating fruits. It's POSSIBLE though not sure... that it's because I'm still digesting fats when I eat the fruit. That I'll have to experiment with.. though only on a "fasting"/"cleanse" period.

I don't really believe too much in a high carb low fat diet.. especially since our ancient ancestors probably did not thrive on such a diet.. it kinda makes it harder to lose weight also, and all that fructose can be store by the liver into fat so can give u quite a risk for fatty liver, and higher triglycerides.

That of course has not been researched enough on a low fat diet... or maybe it has and I just haven't seen it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 09:07AM by THeSt0rm.

Date: November 10, 2011 09:58AM

THeSt0rm,

I am not suggesting a high fruit diet necessarily; I am suggesting you have this checked by another clinician. Or, if you trust what Life Extension is telling you, try eating the foods they recommend with some greens that aren't on the forbidden list and see how you do.

As for what our ancestors ate, I do not subscribe to this argument in a vacuum--you should eat whatever your body derives vitality from and which supplies you with the full breadth of necessary macro and micro nutrients. What happens when you eat fruit is a plain mucous response that doesn't always indicate inflammation. Sometimes I get mucousy after apples, for instance, but if I also get alert and energized, I assume the mucous response is anomalous. I may mono eat a different type of apple the next day at the same time to assess my reaction. In that case, the mucous hasn't usually proven to be a consistent reaction.

I don't recall if you've ever mentioned trying a high mono fruit-eating diet or for how long. If you are combining fruits with fats or fruits with sprouted grains, you may bot be tolerating that well and that could be the soruce of the response. If you are eating the fruits on the list singly on an empty stomach and always getting very stuffy, but also fatigued and foggy, then they are truly a problem for you and they shoudn't be testing as OK.

A high greens/sprouts diet does require a great deal of fat to make up the calorie deficit from eschewing fruit. If you are thriving on this diet, I don't see the need to follow Life Extension's recommendations, as you probably have not noticed that the things they say are a problem are a problem!

Date: November 10, 2011 01:52PM

in regards to the calorie deficit comment... Usually a person on a sprout diet can have enough calories if they have a lot of grains and beans. higher carb intake. But if not then they can have more nuts/seeds. Of course all sprouted. Though on the higher fat intake there's less cravings even though you might be getting less calories. If you do this it might be possible that its similar to the Zone diet, which kind of allows you to eat so little calories without many cravings, so if you want to practice calorie restriction it might make it a lot easier.

Fruit on the other hand though does not raise insulin so much, so maybe it can also help curb cravings. Depending on how much carbs or glycogen you have already in your system the liver stores it as fat.... Which can lead to fatty liver.

Now the thing that might change that expectation is that on a low fat raw vegan diet there is less calories from fat, so the calories you burn will be from the carbs or fat stored by the liver from the fructose. So the question is then, will the fat stored by the liver be burned off? I also wonder what kind of fat is the fructose being converted into. If it's a specific type of fat for example one of the fats that are being converted from omega 6 or 3.

So if this is what's happening, maybe fats would not be as necessary on a LFRV diet at least in excess amounts because it's already being coverted by the liver? All you would need then is the RDA or even less of the omega 6 and 3 EFA,or just enough.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 10, 2011 02:43PM

was the test a blood test or a skin test (prick test)? What I would say is I agree with Tamara, as usual. Get a second opinion and make sure it is a different type of test or a second test and then another one of a different type. My son has had many false positives (test said he was allergic to food x even though he has been eating it for many years without symptoms). Also, get a good allergist, and do an elimination challenge. Remove one food at a time for two weeks and see if there is any improvement in symptoms and then reintroduce it and see if symptoms reoccur. My allergist says it isn't rocket science and in the end it has to be your body that decides, not the tests. My son had false positives for soy, peanut, and sesame.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 02:44PM by pborst.

Date: November 10, 2011 03:42PM

Paul,

Hmmmm, false positives for peanuts and soy I get, because they're apparently common allergens, but sesame? That's an outre one to test for. I remember talking to a mother who told me her son spontaneously developed a severe tomato allergy at ten after eating them since toddlerhood with no problems. I told her to remember that his immune system was still developing and that what he may flag as an allergen today, if avoided assiduously for several months, may not cause the slightest problem again when reintroduced. She said the pediatrician advised to switch to organic tomatoes when the time to reintroduce them arrived, as these would be less likely to cause a hysterical immune response. We supposed he meant that the pathogens and pesticdes on conventional tomatoes might have compromised the immune response sufficient to muddy the test results. Many years ago, my brother drove back to college with a banana for an en route snack. One hand on the wheel, he peeled the banana with his teeth and ate it. He was in anaphylaxis upon getting to campus. He tested positive for banana allergy, though he'd eaten bananas a few days earlier with no reaction. I have alwys maintained that, had he peeled it with his hands, that is, had his lips not come in contact with godknowswhat on the peel, he would not have almost died that night and would be eating bananas today without difficulty.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 10, 2011 07:14PM

hmmm. Don't know what to think. He's tested positive for sesame even though he's been eating them since he was little. We did an elimination challenge (remove food for two weeks and then reintroduce and see if any change during elimination or reintroduction phase). I will check with allergist if we can do a retest and see if there are any changes in the test result.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:51AM

I would suggest the Rotation Diet, which means you don't eat the same food every day. It's a bit complicated because you have to learn which foods are in which food family. I've been meaning to try it again when I have my recipes sorted out a bit more.

[www.food-allergy.org]

Date: November 11, 2011 01:48PM

Good suggestion, KidRaw. It is tedious at the outset because, as you mention, there's a lot of detective work to do, but once one gets the hang of it, it gets easier. You have to commit to it, but I guess for many of us, it would be worth the trouble of tricking the immune system out of developing a sensitivity to avoid allergy shots or a life without certain nutritious foods smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 11, 2011 04:15PM

I think its best to gauge how you personally react to foods.

I had one of these pin prick tests a few years ago and like yourself i had a reaction to pretty much most of the foods. Even ones i felt good on so that raised some alarm bells for me that it probably wasn't all that accurate.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables