Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

perils of soy?????
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: October 05, 2006 07:03PM

I have been hearing alot about the bad side of soy. Does anyone know why it is so bad all of a sudden? I drink/use soymilk in smoothies and other stuff, and I haven't had any reactions to it, but was wondering if there is some other things I should know. Thanks for any info!
Dafodil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: perils of soy?????
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: October 05, 2006 07:18PM

i've just been listening to a video which talks about it:

[video.google.com]

but google it!- dangers of soy!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 05, 2006 07:57PM

I don't think any soy products are raw (please let me know if i'm wrong here). So soy doesn't really have any place in the raw vegan diet.

I have heard that you can make soy sauce from raw soy (I've not been able to confirm or deny that nama shoyu is made from raw soy beans). I think i'm going to try and make own soy sause from raw soy beans at some point.

Ian.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 05, 2006 08:48PM

I had some very bad experiences with soy. When I was vegetarian (not raw) I ate a lot of soy products. Then I started hearing bad things about it, so I researched and turns out there are all kidns of bad things about soy! I quit using it completely, and had some terrible side effects for about 3 weeks! It had completely messed up my hormones and thyroid. Do a search and "soy and thyroid issues" and you will read all kinds of crazy stories. Also, here is a good article for you about soy:

[thedoctorwithin.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 06, 2006 09:22AM

soyyyyyyngggggGGGGG
boinggggGGGGG
doinGGGGGGGGG

dongggggggGGGG

soy, bad boy
no more
!!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: October 07, 2006 01:13PM

So soy totally messes with the hormone-balance in the body? Is it like it replaces your natural hormones?

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: October 09, 2006 02:07PM

bump

Date: October 09, 2006 02:50PM

I don't know that it so much replaces the natural hormones in your body...maybe over a long period of time, your body might quit making estrogen when it figures out it doesn't need to since you are getting it from soy. For me, soy just put WAY too much estrogen in my body. And when I quit eating soy, I can't even tell you how awful I felt. I had some crazy side effects!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 10, 2006 07:16PM

The fact that soy in indigestible to humans in its raw state ought to tell us something about the value of soy.

Date: October 10, 2006 07:36PM

Amen to that, Bryan!! I wish I would have known that years ago. Oh well...my fault for not doing the research.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: October 11, 2006 05:29PM

i used to have soy protein isolate powder daily, a few years ago. the protein made me calm, but my breasts became hard as rocks- excess oestrogen. i rarely have any soy now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables