Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

canker sores
Posted by: RawBetty ()
Date: October 06, 2006 03:26AM

I get painful canker sores on my tongue. I have been 80% raw for over 2 months. Any advice on how to prevent them would be much appreciated...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: canker sores
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2006 04:52AM

Yes. Good question. All you can do is eat healthier and simpler, get fresh air and sun, light exercise, and pure water.

-Avoid medications: and move your feelings into symptomology. Do not try to eliminate symptoms. This will move you through them...and reveal underlying primary causes.

-David Mason

Posted by: RawBetty ()
Date: October 07, 2006 04:11AM

It is interesting that they have moved from my lips to my inner mouth to my tongue over the years...

Posted by: nik ()
Date: October 07, 2006 05:20AM

I get canker sores all the time. I just had one on my inner cheek that was right up against my upper teeth. So it was constantly abrased by my teeth. It was huge too, the size of like a pumpkin seed and really raw and sore. It hurt so bad to even just open my mouth, I could hardly eat or speak for weeks. It's healing now. They heal on their own, however finding the cause is harder. I've always gotten them. Stress is supposed to be a big cause. I get weird pains and sores on my tongue too. I heard that licorice is good for healing them, also baking soda as a paste on them and caledula and goldenseal as well. They might stem from deficiencies or something. Usually the common deficiencies associated with them are B12, B6 and other B vitamins, Iron and Zinc.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 07, 2006 09:35PM

my husband gets them when he eats too many high-acid fruits. he recently only ate pineapple, orange juice and grapefruit juice for a day and though he has been really unstressed and resting, he got a sore. he's also sensitive to mangos.

ooh, nik, my mom told me those little bumps were because i lied. i knew she was lying when i was a kid because i would have had them every day if it were true!

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:03PM

LOLOL mama cass...

so naturally the reason i am bumping thiss thread is because i have a canker sore...

i get them about three timess a year... PAINFUL...

this one is LONG and right where the lower gum meets my inner cheek by my molars... argh...

i just started eating raw pineapple, so now i am wondering if this was a trigger for me, or if it was my seasons first exposure to sunlight ( i usually get canker sores the first few weeks of summer and i alwasy associated them with getting a sun burn hence weakened immune system)

so i am miserable... almost considered putting sea salt in there and holding it to force it to cover over to protect itself.... i don't have any alum, or i'd do that too but the pain is excrutiating.. i remember this from childhood too... argh... ne who....

i wonder how lemon would feel on it? it is acid, so probably hurt...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 06:05PM

further reading also reveals using apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup warm water to swish twice a day, or to hold the ACV in your m outh for 30 seconds twice a day...anyone used that?

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 10:10PM

omg this canker sore hurts so bad and now OTHER parts of my mouth are breaking out too...

i have a head ache from the pain of the first sore... OMG... this is awful... i need some help and FAST... i have no car and nothing in the house but salt.... argh.... i will do a slat water wash when i get home i guess....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables