Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

When eating a raw /whole diet, is lack of protein a issue?
Posted by: mommy ()
Date: October 07, 2006 12:30AM

I hear that if I only consume raw/whole diet, I will lack in protein. They say we need "animal protein". That we cant get the right protein from fruits and vegs. Since others have been at this longer then I, any advise would be great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When eating a raw /whole diet, is lack of protein a issue?
Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 07, 2006 12:51AM

this seems to be a neverending question. you'll see a variety of answers on this board. there's no reason you cant get as much protein eating raw vegan, as someone eating animal protein. nuts and seeds are loaded with protein. but i drink raw milk so i dont worry about what nutrients i might be missing. some say that certain amino acids are only present in animal protein (taurine?)... but are they really necessary? another thing is vitamin B12 which some say is only available through animal sources... but some people disagree.

i think a lack of calories is more of an issue than lack of protein. if you're eating enough calories to maintain your weight, then youre probably getting adequate protein.

Re: When eating a raw /whole diet, is lack of protein a issue?
Posted by: mommy ()
Date: October 07, 2006 12:55AM

Thanks! My search for truth continues. I know I am on the right path.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables