Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone ever slip & eat cooked vegan foods?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2006 12:48AM

I try to eat raw a lot, but when I go totally raw, after a month or two, I slowly find myself 'sneaking' little bites of cooked vegan...then I must discipline myself to go back to as much 100% raw as possible. Does anyone else have these slips too? Just curious how you deal with it. I admire so many people here who seem to be so consistant with raw, it does amaze me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone ever slip & eat cooked vegan foods?
Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 07, 2006 12:57AM

if you're surrounded by cooked foods it can be hard to avoid eating them. the best thing you can do is always have a variety of raw foods available. when you leave the house, bring a couple bananas with you, or a bag of walnuts.

when i slip and eat something cooked, its usually because im out of fresh raw foods, or i dont have any raw food that will satisfy a craving (usually for fat or protein).

im also at my weakest when im stressed out, like when i pull an all-nighter to study for an exam. better time-management would prevent these situations.

Posted by: summer ()
Date: October 07, 2006 01:24AM

It has been very difficult for me lately to stay 100% raw all the time.
If I do eat something cooked, it is the blue que pasa corn chips, or more rarely, popcorn.
Anything else pretty much gives me a hangover feeling.
While all raw feels the best, until I can devote enough time to making 'winter' type raw foods again, (dehydrated stuff mostly) sometimes my belly reaches for the chips out of desperation. I do make raw salsa or dips for them, and wash them down with a cup of kombucha or a bit of sauerkraut as well.
I used to get ticked at myself for eating even the slightest bit of cooked stuff, and then I'd eat even more figuring I'd ruined the day anyways.
To allow myself the chips, usually once a week, it keeps me on track for the rest of the time.

what one can do, all can do...

Jade

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 07, 2006 01:58AM

I'm on day 5 of my juice fast but when I'm not doing this, I try to maintain an 80% raw food diet. I do like sauteed vegetables, whole grain rice and fish...sometimes even a Corona. I don't see myself as ever being 100% raw nor is it one of my goals.

~raine~

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: October 07, 2006 10:58PM

Victoria Boutenko wrote in her book "12 Steps" about when she worked at a health retreat that taught people battling cancer how to prepare raw food. She tracked the people after they left the retreat and found out that only 2% stayed on the diet - even though thier life depended on it and thier family gave them support!

She also described cooked addictions as a giant that is always there no matter how long you are on raw. You have to lull the giant to sleep (or hibernation) by breaking the addictions, but the giant is always there and a single bite of cooked food will awaken the giant.

The above sounds like a raw fooder's halloween story! Ha, ha, ha BOO!

Posted by: summer ()
Date: October 08, 2006 12:31AM

I believe that addiction theory, because I have felt it myself.
We need each other to stay on track, people in real life who are likeminded and whom we can hang out with, talk with, evolve with...
Right now I am the only person in my little world who eats raw. I know of others in the area, but rarely see them. Today I went to the Nelson farmers market and meet a woman from Quebec who was selling raw food. I bought a bunch, first because I was hungry, second because it was such a treat to eat something raw besides a salad that I did not make myself.
This website is important to me because it is the one area I can visit often and connect, kind of, with others in the raw world...

what one can do, all can do...

Jade

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: October 08, 2006 12:57AM

I agree with summer that this forum is really helpful for staying raw.

With winter coming on, I think it becomes a little harder to stay 100% raw - not just because there is less raw variety available, but also because maybe there's an instinct to eat more when the weather starts cooling off.

So far I'm still staying 100% raw, and I think it's helping me that I've added sprouted wheat to my diet.

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2006 01:02AM by Ally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables