Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RawFoodWorld: Deer Antler Essence
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 05, 2011 12:45AM

Diogenez - Perhaps so, but it does add fuel to the fire regarding the benefits of a vegan lifestyle. Wouldn't you agree?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RawFoodWorld: Deer Antler Essence
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 05, 2011 01:03AM

Coco,
I used to get tcm treatments a number of years ago. I found them effective. But they were just too expensive to continue. My partner got treatments but he didn't feel much difference. Great points however, I think many medical systems in the world have that potential. I was taking an introductory class in TCM at the time, so I often could actually anticipate what was going to happen to some degree.

However, I don't know if I would get treatments anymore. I have really changed what I think about medicine in general. I think alternative practioners can potentially be more sensitive to subltly but it depends on the person.

Sometimes I do find it kind of confusing how particular herbs appear in various contexts, surprising ones at times. I remember buying and eating goji berries by the handful, and my TCM instructor just looked at me kind of oddly and then wanted to read the bag. I let her do that, but she really didn't comment. I think she was wondering how it was marketed and promoted, and if it fit into her understanding of the herb. In a chinese market I bought some, and the shopkeeper was much more open, telling me not to eat them like that. But use only like 6-9 berries in a soup or something. Something indicating her understanding was very different.

I had also encountered something similiar with Tulsi. I discovered bagged version like tea and loved it. Then I noticed it in a dish in a very progressive resturant in SF, CA. I ordered it, and noticed that my teeth felt really weird. I learned sometime later that one can use tulsi in tea and other preparations which don't involve the whole leaf. Eating the leaves can damage the teeth! At least thats what a webpage on indian medicine claimed. I believe it.

I will have to think more about understanding and visualizing healing and personal responsibility. I think its wisdom to be really involved in understanding as much as you can when it comes to healthcare in any form.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables