Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vertigo
Posted by: anuramesh ()
Date: December 07, 2011 05:53PM

Hi all,

I have been 80% raw for about 5 years now. I am a vegan 100% of the time. I had a question about a recent medical concern I have. I have vertigo and have done all tests including CT scan and all kinds of blood tests etc., even GI related test (as I had nausea with the vertigo). All came normal. They could not find any reasons.

I was wondering if any one had improvement with their vertigo by fasting or by juice fasting etc.,...

Is there any particular food that is a known trigger?

My symptoms: Severe dizziness, spinning and nausea follows that. I take motion sickess OTC medication for that and it seems to help.. that's all the dr gave me.

Medically there is no problem, as all tests show.

So I am wondering if this can be fixed through diet?

Can you please help?

Best,

A

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vertigo
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:48PM

Hi anuramesh,

I have vertigo too. I thought for many years that it was diet-related, and maybe it is. I think a cleaner diet may help, since vertigo apparently is related to the dislodging of ocotonia ("ear rocks" ) that cause a balance disturbance.

Except for one very scary attack many years ago that lasted several hours, my attacks have usually been minor. But a few months ago, I suddenly found that I couldn't bend down to my right side without having a severe attack. This meant I couldn't do my yoga, which was not a happy thing!

I came across this website in desperation:

[www.tchain.com]

I did the Brandt-Daroff exercises (the home exercises illustrated about halfway down the page.) The first few times I did the exercises, I had an attack every time I went down to the right. It was very uncomfortable to try to hold that pose for 30 seconds like they tell you to do. But I did it anyway, and after just maybe 3 or 4 days, my vertigo was completely gone and I haven't had an attack since.

The website does say though that the exercises are not intended to prevent the attacks from ever returning, but at least now I feel like there's something I can do about it!

Your attacks sound somewhat more severe than mine, but if you haven't tried these exercises yet, maybe they can help you. Hope so!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 08:52PM by suncloud.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: December 07, 2011 09:32PM

I don't know vertigo, but could it have something to do with the water balance in your system?

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: December 08, 2011 06:06AM

- Anuramesh
Have you ever visited a audiologist/otolaryngologist to assess your vestibular system, acoustic nerve, and anatomy/physiology of your ear? There are multiple reasons why someone can have a symptom of vertigo.

Below is a link to general information about vertigo from the University of Maryland:
[www.umm.edu]

Off the top of my head, one cause of vertigo (though there are several) is Meniere's disease. Although the cause is unknown, there is body of evidence suggesting 'salt' plays a role in the pressure of the inner ear (endolymphatic fluids). Common management for Meniere's disease is to decrease salt intake through diet modifications and or use of pharmacological substances.

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is another cause. "Ear rocks", that Suncloud speaks of, is basically calcium carbonate deposits that 'break' lose in your inner ear when you reposition your body (rolling in bed etc.) You can use home treatment methods or seek professional help in 'physical therapy for the ear'.

Peruse the link I gave you (and Sunclouds smiling smiley ) and hopefully it will provide you with other ideas on how to resolute your problem or seek resources to individuals who can point you in the proper direction.

Posted by: anuramesh ()
Date: December 08, 2011 05:43PM

All,

Thanks soooooooooooo much for the beautiful suggestions and the website links. I will check them out. God Bless!!!

Regards
A

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 16, 2011 06:55PM

Rebounding helped an awful lot with my vertigo, which at one point was crazy bad.

Probiotics also helped.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 16, 2011 08:37PM

Huh, I would not have thought probiotics would help. Good to know.

Hope you get better soon, anuramesh!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 17, 2011 11:57AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Huh, I would not have thought probiotics would
> help. Good to know.
>
>
>
> Hope you get better soon, anuramesh!

Its strange because i can't pinpoint why they would help but they definitley did for me.

In the latter stages of being ill with multiple issues i developed extreme vertigo which made walking in the house hard enough. I forced myself to rebound and noticed that it reduced the vertigo by about 90 percent. But if i stopped doing the rebounding daily it would come back, this is when i started playing with high strength probiotics and noticed that they reduced it also.

Ive always felt i had some ear/throat issue but doctors would always say there was nothing going on, my tonsils were always a problem when growing up and when i would try several supplements including probiotics i would get that itchy tonsil/throat feeling, so im wondering if there was a low level infection.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: shyamashivaya ()
Date: December 17, 2011 11:50PM

Virtigo is usually a cranial problem or an inner ear problem there are physical methods to re-set the sphenoid and the crystal of the inner ear. This is what you are looking for in the way of treatment. Blessings

Date: December 20, 2011 10:57PM

What do you mean 'reset' the sphenoid?

Date: December 21, 2011 12:03AM

What do you mean 'reset' the sphenoid?

I am wondering how this is physically possible, myself . . .

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 21, 2011 06:02PM

im guessing its along of the lines of something like this

[www.bodymath.com]

The sphenoid bone is a small bone located in the very center of the skull. It was named for its wedge-like butterfly shape. It connects to all the other bones of the skull. The sphenoid bone can be accessed by medical professionals through the nasal passages.

Click Here for Sphenoid Bone!

David Malin's ESR: Inner Opening Technique is a method of reaching the sphenoid bone and manipulating it with a balloon to release restriction patterns in the body. Restrictions may involve physical health, mental health, emotional well-being, or they may be spiritual in nature. By manipulating the sphenoid bone to release the inner being, the patient is opened up to a new level of healing.

Patients who desire relief from hearing or balance problems, breathing problems, sinus, allergies, and headaches are just a few of those who have called on sphenoid manipulation, or ESR, to relieve their condition. Additionally, the technique may include brain function for those with seizures, autism, and Parkinson's Disease. It is said that sphenoid manipulation brings about the highest level of spiritual healing.

David Malin developed the ESR - Inner Opening Technique by integrating a method of Neurocranial Restructuring with his Body Mathâ„¢ system of healing and shamanic healing practices. As one of only 100 practitioners certified to perform Neurocranial Restructuring on the sphenoid, he draws on almost thirty years of experience to bring relief to patients. Through his sphenoid manipulation, patients feel both relieved and released. Contact us for more information

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 21, 2011 06:27PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 06:29PM by pborst.

Date: December 22, 2011 01:11AM

ahhhh......

Thanks Jgunn for finding that for me...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 22, 2011 01:16AM

hehe your welcome it reads abit ..woo woo out there to me .. but i try not to discredit anything untill further inveestigation smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 22, 2011 01:47PM

Thanks, Jodi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables