Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ginger?
Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: December 15, 2011 09:55AM

i really enjoy Ginger. after listening to Natural hygienists Fry , Shelton, Graham and they talked about why not to use garlic but i never hear any talk about ginger. and i found this: Remedies using Ginger - [phxnaturalmedicine.wordpress.com]

thank you for your comments!

life vs lifelessness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 10:07AM by Diogenez.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ginger?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:07PM

Ginger is known to help correct a variety of disorders. NTs will argue that it is "too stimulating," but "stimulating" is a relative term; I don't have a problem with raw ginger, so I use it when I feel like.

Date: December 15, 2011 02:08PM

'spice' ? yea i make fruit ginger nut things that i copied from the moms(again), sharing is caring. the 100% vegan cafe we coop together to make has any raw option and very well received the more people are learning about the science behind health nutrition and seeking a direct experience .

i don't really feel it a stimulant or herb but more a aide.

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: December 15, 2011 02:36PM

Too stimulating for me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2011 02:40PM

I love it. I could just eat slices of it on it's own, that's how much I love it. Fantastic grated or juiced and added to warm/hot water to stave off a cold, it's amazingly powerful.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 15, 2011 02:48PM

This is where natural hygeine theorists fail to understand the differences between stimulants.

Ginger is not a stimulant in the way coffee is. Ginger does not stimulate the CNS(central nervous system) and thus doesn't adversely effect the adrenal glands in the way caffeine does.

Ginger is a digestive stimulant though but not one i would recommend, as ginger is a potent ant-acid and thus neutralizes stomach acid.

There are better choices basically, depending on what you are using ginger for. Nothing wrong with using small amounts of it though for flavour.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 02:54PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 15, 2011 04:14PM

i use my pampered chef slap chopper! so easy

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 15, 2011 05:22PM

I like a tiny bit of ginger, but it can be too intense for me.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 15, 2011 06:48PM

It's more powerful dried than fresh. And keeps longer. I like a little fresh ginger with beet and purple cabbage juice.

Paul

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2011 07:03PM

It's hard to use it up fresh before it gets all wrinkly but if you wrap it up it keeps very well in the freezer. Easier to grate as well winking smiley.

Date: December 15, 2011 07:36PM

when the oils of nuts are in it i find it holds for over a month combined with the fruit oils too , all natural

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: December 18, 2011 09:50PM

omega-3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too stimulating for me.

Even in small amounts? about the size of a nickel would be enough maybe even too much for some, it is very strong and healing I think we should all try to use a little here and there. Maybe some can't tolerate like anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 09:54PM by rzman10001.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables