Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Immortal Elk Antler Velvet Platinum - SurThrival
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 11, 2012 04:58PM

sad smiley
"It is known that Surthrivals Immortal Velvet Gold is the most powerful Deer Antler product on the market. Well, they just came out with a Immortal Velvet Platinum, which is 50% more concentrated compared to their gold formulation! Each bottle at 1500mg is 43:1 "Living Tips". Additionally, their Platinum formula is made with Tribulus, whose saponins support healthy se*x hormone production. This formula was also designed with your body’s internal antioxidant pathways in mind. This synergistic combination of Elk Antler Velvet and Tribulus supports the healthy production of Superoxide Dismutase and Glutathione within the body. These are the body’s master antioxidants, and are critical for genetic repair and system wide detoxification."

(I just received this sales pitch in a certain newsletter which comes to my email address on a regular basis... eye rolling smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 04:59PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Immortal Elk Antler Velvet Platinum - SurThrival
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 11, 2012 05:28PM

I have nothing nice to say to that blurb of nonsense.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 11, 2012 05:30PM

I cannot recall who spearheaded the letter-writing campaign to get this off the product list but I am sorry I did not participate.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2012 06:04PM

Oh yes, you can live forever and ever, like a god. All you have to do is drink the blood of 10 babies a year. You can live with that, right? 'Cause living forever is worth it no matter what it costs. Sheesh.

Date: January 11, 2012 06:06PM

LOL @ Coco! Notice that they say "tips." Tips of WHAT?! An antler? How about the makers and marketers cut off the tips of THEIR ears and sell them?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 11, 2012 06:06PM

Why highlight this stuff if you don't believe in it?

Date: January 11, 2012 06:08PM

It's good to know who's selling what so I can avoid giving them any of my money for anything. Monsters.

Date: January 11, 2012 07:06PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why highlight this stuff if you don't believe in
> it?

Well, I thought that posting in this forum wasn't "highlighting" it because are you tempted to purchase this? I didn't think so! Someone had started a campaign to petition one of the vendors of it and given that I just received a newsletter touting the product, I thought it was a good follow-up on the efforts of those who contacted the seller. Sheesh...

Date: January 11, 2012 07:10PM

Got a link to the petition? I'll sign it.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 11, 2012 07:23PM

Thanks for your report Banana! And it's not too late to send off that letter to whomever you wish! It all adds up.

Coco, I think your analogy is absolutely relevant because where DOES a person draw the line when it comes to exploiting/torturing animals for our supposed benefit?

I'll add that personally, as a long-time vegan, I'm enjoying significantly better health than my meat-consuming friends (sigh). And I was born a complete weakling runt.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 11, 2012 07:46PM

How is this any worse than NSM eating meat? Don't judge her for her choices but crucify Vitalis and whip out baby-killing analogies for his choices? Show a world of compassion to creeps like Monarch & Stokes while vilifying this guy? Flat-out lying to people by telling them that a garbage product like Adya Clarity cures a serious condition like candida is okay, but using "immortality" as a buzz-word is worthy of outrage? Get a clue. No one actually thinks that they're going to be immortal. It's like if they claimed that their product is lightning in a bottle, no one is literally going to expect lightning in a bottle. I don't use any antler products, but last I checked no animals get wasted in the process of extraction. You can't say the same about Natasha's new lifestyle, now can you?

People tend to see things for what they are. For example, you can't hide hypocrisy or the bigotry that it comes from.

Date: January 11, 2012 08:56PM

Having another bad day, are we?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:32PM

Is this a joke? Has to be? haha

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:54PM

Coco...you crack me up sometimessmiling smiley

P.S. I did go and send in my regrets that they were selling those kinds of things when it was requested in a post a while back. I feel good about doing it.

As for as NSM eating what looks like a SAD I wouldn't advocate her as a raw foodie of the year or anything like that. She has her thing, this website has theirs and it's not about her lifestyle.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:06PM

{Warning to HH: Buzzkill Alert}

Natasha's not trying to profit from her new lifestyle by odurately foisting her animal product consumption on others as legit. She seems at this point still to have been driven to it regretably and for apparently legitimate reasons--severe health problems. Last time I checked, ED doesn't qualify as such, demoralizing though it may be.

As for the product description, one hears the word "gobbledygook" bandied liberally, but I have seldom seen so genuine a specimen as this, LOL

Date: January 11, 2012 11:11PM

well, the vegan resturant I go to has literature on animal cruelty in the entry way. But actually it looks very old, and never disappears. Chances are that everyone that goes into the resturant knows all of that.

The popular material for people to read and take are things that highlight vegan nutrition, local events, writings about peace, how to have better relations with friends, relatives, co-workers etc... sure its all vegan, but its something the general readership has already processed and made a decision about.

Date: January 11, 2012 11:24PM

HH: Um...er...This was from the Raw Food World! LOL! I didn't name the site so that I would not be accused of picking on Matt. I don't know if you were around a few months ago, but I was extremely critical about the Adya issue. So maybe someone needs to buy a clue but it ain't me, babe! No, no, no, it ain't me, babe!

Date: January 11, 2012 11:30PM

Mislu Wrote:
> Why highlight this stuff if you don't believe in
> it?

Re: RawFoodWorld: Deer Antler Essence new
Date: December 04, 2011 08:26AM

Merry,
"...I am really shocked hearing about this whole deer antler thing - people like them promoting such a thing??? I will write to them too....
It is so unecessary given how many herb and mineral health giving supplements are available..."

What would be an appropriate substitute for this substance? If someone was looking for deer antler for some particular health need, what else might take its place?

Date: January 11, 2012 11:47PM

Coco, Banana might have been referring to a previous request from me that people write to RawFoodWorld and ask them to stop selling this product.

However, if there's a petition somewhere else, I'll sign it too!

It's not too late for anyone to write to RawFoodWorld - or anyplace else - and let them know how we feel about this product. Particularly though, I would hate to see vegans misled into thinking this is a vegan product, because they saw it on a "raw food" website. There is more information from other threads on this website about the cruelties these deer are subjected to.

Date: January 12, 2012 12:00AM

Yes, Suncloud is right. It was not a petition but simply a request for all of us to contact RawFoodWorld and give our two cents. It sounds like there is more than one site selling this crap? I thought the whole deal was raw VEGAN?! I mean, maybe honey, but certainly not body parts from a defenseless creature... sad smiley

Date: January 12, 2012 12:35AM

How could anyone think that antler is vegan?

Date: January 12, 2012 12:53AM

Hi Mislu. I've read several comments online about this subject. Some vegans think the deer antler "velvet" is stuff that rubbed off onto the antlers when the deer were running around in the forest. They think people then remove this vegetation painlessly from the antlers.

Most are unaware that the "velvet" is actually a skin covering that occurs during a certain stage of antler growth. The skin covering includes sensitive nerves and also blood vessels. The antlers are sawed off leaving bloody gaping wounds, while using varying means of restraining the deer. The process is extremely painful and traumatic for the deer.

New Zealand appears to have the strictest standards. Farmers are required to have a veterinarian present once annually, after which they can proceed on their own.

Date: January 12, 2012 01:34AM

Wow, thats some misinformation. I never ever had that thought or misinformation. Thats surprising that the strictest standards is for a vet to appear once a year! that sounds like the bare minimium, like a formality. I would think one would one a vet around to oversee every single animal. But then again if one cared that much, the antlers probably wouldn't be removed. I know that many species shed their antlers at certain time, but by then its probably not very useful, except maybe for some minerals or fertilizer?

Date: January 12, 2012 02:44AM

From Mislu: "I know that many species shed their antlers at certain time, but by then its probably not very useful..."

Yes exactly. Unfortunately, people can only make big money from the antlers by selling the "velvet" that exists only during the growth stage. The biggest reason is that the velvet contains many hormones, including insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) that's brought into the antlers by blood vessels to make the antlers grow very fast. Some athletes take it as a performance enhancer because it's not easily detected. Here's a website that includes some information on IGF-1 (though not necessarily from antler velvet). According to the website, medical uses are rare. Side effects are listed below.

[www.teachpe.com]

Side-Effects of Insulin-like Growth Factor
•Acromegaly in adult athletes (a condition where the pituitary gland produces too much hGH, resulting in the growth and swelling of body parts, typically hands, feet, nose but can progress to brow and jaw protrusion and swelling of internal organs)
•Organomegaly (the abnormal enlargement of organs)
•Hypoglycemia (lower than normal levels of glucose in the blood)
•Cancer (prostate, lung and colorectal cancers have all been reported)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 02:46AM by suncloud.

Date: January 12, 2012 03:00AM

Frick SunCloud, I can't even READ that *shudders*. Ah, Maude, what a horror.

Date: January 12, 2012 02:09PM

No, not at all. Just pointing out your ludicrous sense of "I need to get a life" justice.

coco Wrote:
> Having another bad day, are we?

Date: January 12, 2012 02:13PM

I wouldn't know if she's trying to profit or not because I don't go to her site. However, I do know that no one would care what she has to say if she hadn't built her business on the back of raw veganism. Honestly, if you think they're any different, you're crazy.

Tamukha Wrote:
> {Warning to HH: Buzzkill Alert}
>
> Natasha's not trying to profit from her new
> lifestyle by odurately foisting her animal product
> consumption on others as legit. She seems at this
> point still to have been driven to it regretably
> and for apparently legitimate reasons--severe
> health problems. Last time I checked, ED doesn't
> qualify as such, demoralizing though it may be.
>
> As for the product description, one hears the word
> "gobbledygook" bandied liberally, but I have
> seldom seen so genuine a specimen as this, LOL

Date: January 12, 2012 02:25PM

It's their business. They built it themselves. It seems to me that they should be able to sell whatever they want. They sell or sold colostrum. Why the surprise? Just don't buy from them any more. There are people on here who aren't even vegan, yet they feel the need to infect this scene with their hypocritical outrage. They come to a raw vegan board and talk about eating eggs, and then they whine about some business people selling elk antler? All this outrage strikes me as unhealthy, and in the case of some people, a little weird and a lot hypocritical.

banana who Wrote:
> HH: Um...er...This was from the Raw Food World!
> LOL! I didn't name the site so that I would not be
> accused of picking on Matt. I don't know if you
> were around a few months ago, but I was extremely
> critical about the Adya issue. So maybe someone
> needs to buy a clue but it ain't me, babe! No, no,
> no, it ain't me, babe!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 12, 2012 06:39PM

I'll be Buzzkill if you'll be Thought Police, HeavenHands.

Also, not crazy because I think Natasha's motivations mayn't be quite so dollar-driven as The Raw Food World's appear to be.

See what I did there? I disagreed with you without implying that you are defective in some way. Neat, huh?

Date: January 12, 2012 08:15PM

Have you ever worked on a forum-based web project?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables