Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Blendtec vs VitaMix: Which one do you use?
Posted by: nrothgarden ()
Date: January 23, 2012 06:17PM

Most people say you can get either one, since they both offer equal quality, but I was wondering what most people here use.

Check out my raw food review blog at rawfoodland.com!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2012 06:18PM by nrothgarden.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec vs VitaMix: Which one do you use?
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 23, 2012 07:01PM

I use a Kitchenaid.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:55PM

I also use a KitchenAid. Got it 2 1/2 years ago for $120. That puts me at halfway through the Vitamix Super 5000 warranty at much less than half the price, right? It blends fine (it gets stuff nice and smooth) for raw soups, dressings, and smoothies. When I first read Green Life, I loved it, but I also thought that Boutenko must have been working for Vitamix with her constant reminders that only a Vitamix will make proper green smoothies. It's just not true.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 23, 2012 11:28PM

Vita-Mix.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 23, 2012 11:32PM

Vita-Mix TurboBlend VS smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 24, 2012 12:31AM

Vitamix's integrity is questionable, especially in regard to Blendtec.

[www.prweb.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:45AM

Vita-mix, never even seriously considered anything else.

Date: January 24, 2012 01:58AM

Discerning, non-sheep like consumers with critical thinking skills are dying to know, "why Vitamix above all else?"

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 24, 2012 04:47AM

both, I have a Vitamix Pro 500 upstairs in the kitchen and a Blendtec HP3A with the wildside carafe downstairs at the wetbar.

Posted by: nrothgarden ()
Date: January 24, 2012 06:15AM

HeavenHands Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vitamix's integrity is questionable, especially in
> regard to Blendtec.

Why is their integrity questionable?

Check out my raw food review blog at rawfoodland.com!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2012 06:16AM by nrothgarden.

Date: January 24, 2012 03:15PM

I'm guessing that if you're aware of Blendtec's successful infringement lawsuit against them, we have differing definitions of integrity. I'm talking about integrity in business practice, not copying other's homework, succeeding through innovation, etc.

nrothgarden Wrote:
> HeavenHands Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vitamix's integrity is questionable, especially
> in
> > regard to Blendtec.
>
>
>
>
> Why is their integrity questionable?

Date: January 24, 2012 04:38PM

Yes, because businesses never copy each other, that's just unheard of.

The vita-mix I have is surprisingly quiet for such a powerful machine. It comes with a tamper which I personally want even if I only occasionally need it, it's helpful for blending frozen stuff or really thick sticky mixes. I like the variable speed options and the precision of the controls, it doesn't need to have more horsepower to blend, I'm not street racing with it, lol. The warranty is 7 years and full coverage. it has a four tipped blade which seems to me a better option than one or two blade.
I got mine "refurbished" which as far as I can tell is just as good as new for a great discount but the same warranty as new.
And it's fire engine red. winking smiley.

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: January 24, 2012 06:05PM

Vita-Mix

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 25, 2012 11:24PM

HeavenHands,

Discerning, non-sheep like consumers with critical thinking skills are dying to know, "why Vitamix above all else?"

That's really not necessary.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: January 26, 2012 08:07AM

I use a Blendtec but will probably be purchasing a Vitamix in the very near future. My Blendtec has issues. The power button has a short and the digital display does not work. My neighbor bought a Vitamix and I love using it. I make us smoothies in his Vitamix and it works way better than the Blendtec in my opinion.

Posted by: TheAdventureLady ()
Date: January 26, 2012 03:17PM

I have a vitamix 5200 and I also have the extra dry grains container with it. This way I have one that is perfect at smoothies, soups, nut milks, sauces, etc. Then the other one is preferable for chopping nuts, making raw breads and crackers, thicker salsas or "cheeses". I love having both! And that's basically why I went for the Vitamix over the blendtec.

Date: January 26, 2012 06:45PM

I have and use both a Blendtec and a Vitamix and like John Kohler see some of the benefits and tradeoffs of both.

I've gone over these before as has John, and won't prejudice the search function button. What's suprising to me is that the Omega Bl 630R isn't being mentioned if you are considering buying a premium blender. [www.youtube.com] [www.discountjuicers.com] .

It's not cheap at $550. But then again neither are blendtec or vitamix. 3 hp, 10 year warranty, square heavy duty bpa free carafe. full automatic and variable speed control panel with pulse control. One could do worse. I have two premium blenders, one vitamix and one blendtec. If I were buying today, I would go Omega over both. Waring is also an option. Make sure you look through all premium blender choices, not just Vitamix and Blendtec. Buyer's regret won't let ya forget!! winking smiley

Paul

Date: January 26, 2012 06:50PM

I've never heard of Blendtech. What do they sell?

Date: January 26, 2012 06:57PM

Rawalice,

Blendtec is the main rival of Vitamix. They sell several different residential and commercial models of blenders. They are known for push button simplicity, relatively short and wide carafes (short warranties too) and plenty of horsepower and noise compared with a comparably priced Vitamix. Fit under counters, easy to clean but noisy and shorter warranties. Their lids aren't the best either (see Henry or Wheatgrass Yogi's experience under the juicing forum).

I own one of each, and both have their merits, though my Vitamix pro500 is my go to juicer.

One thing I haven't figured out is why the Omega 630 isn't getting more attention. One would think with a 10 year warranty and heavy duty construction and a powerful motor with fully automatic and manual control panel it would be a game changer. It hasn't been at least that I have seen.

Paul

Date: January 26, 2012 09:08PM

$550 for a blender? I'd hate to see what happened if you didn't hold the lid down hard enough.

Date: January 26, 2012 10:13PM

LOL, it should be like a food processor, won't go at all without the lid locked into place. Most powerful machine I've ever used aside from an industrial sewing machine that had a 1/4 horsepower Benz motor. Sewed faster than needles and thread could take, that beast. The Vita-mix though, I like that it makes perfect smoothies. My old blender couldn't do that very well at all. Gritty and lumpy, ugh.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 27, 2012 07:29AM

pborst Wrote:
> One thing I haven't figured out is why the Omega 630 isn't getting more attention.

They just came out, late of last year, I believe. It must be difficult to get established with the inroads Blendtec and Vitamix have made.
I wouldn't buy an Omega 630....they devote three buttons to 2 minute, 4 minute, and 6 minute Blending cycles. That's okay if you eat a lot of Soup......WY

Date: January 27, 2012 03:38PM

Henry,

Actually, their timer control knob has automatic shut off from 15 seconds to 6 minutes. Agree that after more than 2 minutes it gets hot.

Paul

Date: January 27, 2012 09:14PM

I wouldn't mind a nice Vitamix personally. Of course, I've never seen a Blendtec/h being used. Maybe if they changed their name they'd seem more inviting. Vitamix just sounds more homey.

Date: January 27, 2012 11:58PM

rawalice,

It's not to be taken lightly. If you are putting that much cash up, even whencing at $550, even going premium will set you back $300 or $400. Best know what you are buying and what the tradeoffs are. With that in mind, use the search function and check out John Kohler (the admin of this website) for the tradeoffs 'cause there are. Best to you.

Paul

Part 1 [www.youtube.com]
Part 2 [www.youtube.com]

Dates from March 2010, which should be current enough to answer your questions. I have one of each and a bit different opinion from John if you want to talk. My review is in the search function. Best.

Date: January 28, 2012 04:59AM

pborst Wrote:
I have one of each and a bit different opinion from John if you want to talk. My review is in the search function.

I looked for your Review, but couldn't find it. I wish you'd enlighten us. I've found the Vitamix to be more User-friendly. It looks like Blendtec has a better quality Motor. This picture is 10-years old, but probably current......WY

[www.discountjuicers.com]

Date: January 28, 2012 08:27AM

and now a word from our sponsor!

[gotgreensrevolution.com]

Date: January 28, 2012 10:45AM

I'd still want to see it run/work. (The Blendtech.) It looks like it might be a better heavy duty grinder.

Date: February 04, 2012 01:46AM

I took the plunge and got a Vitamix today, albeit a lower end (less high end?) model. Yeah, that's a pretty miraculous machine. It brings out all kinds of flavors in smoothies. I had some raw almods and sunflower seeds laying around. Threw them in and made a really nice, smooth nut butter. Much better quality than the bulk nut butters at the co-op. Thanks guys. You should go into sales. smiling smiley

Date: February 04, 2012 02:14AM

HeavenHands Wrote:
> I took the plunge and got a Vitamix today

Congratulations!! If you like yours Half as much as I like mine, you'll be very Pleased. I'm sorry you didn't get one with the variable-speed Dial. I couldn't do without it......WY

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables