Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Blendtec vs VitaMix: Which one do you use?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2012 03:10AM

You are gonna LOVE it HH, it's so awesome to have a powerful blender. Even the most basic model is miles better than the regular kind. Smooth smoothies, woo hoo!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 04, 2012 03:28AM

congratulations HH. You will be suprised with the diversity of things you can do with it from making your own salad dressing, to nut mylk to salsa, soup, dry milling grain, crushing flax seed. The list just goes on and on. I'm still learning new things to do with my blenders 2 years later. smiling smiley

Paul

Date: February 04, 2012 12:05PM

Well, I own a 'sunbeam' multi-blender. It's especially designed to handle really hard ingredients such as ice. I came across it at the flea market for $25 Aust. It has three speeds and pulse. I know that it wouldn't meet the needs of most on this forum, but it suits me just fine. I love those crushed ice fruit smoothies...yummm smiling smiley

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: February 05, 2012 11:07PM

I hear what you're saying Geo. My Kitchenaid was really good for making smoothies smooth, but there really is another level to the Vitamix that brings out hidden flavors in the produce. It's a pleasant surprise. I'd also never been able to find a blender that could take care of grape skins. I'd always have pieces of them in my smoothies. The Vitamix has no problem with that. I got into raw because of SERIOUS gastro-intestinal issues. I'm hoping that this will make things even easier on my digestion.

Thanks for the grand welcome into the Vitamix club guys!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 05, 2012 11:09PM

i love my vitamix .. its my third one .. the first was given to me it was OLD to start with ... loved it .. the second was stolen and replace by the third smiling smiley welcome HH it really is a great machine !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 06, 2012 03:00AM

Wow, you mean that the vitamix sort of acts like an extractor and pulverises even grape skins? It must have a pretty serious power range for that. Thx for the info guys

Date: February 06, 2012 03:03AM

Oh,I've seen a lot of adds about the 'magic bullet'. How does it stack up? Sorry if it's a silly question, as it's prob just a lot of hype and not as good as my 'sunbeam'.

Date: February 06, 2012 03:19AM

Doesn't stand up to regular use. The magic bullet is excellent for travel, when you need to have a blender to use a couple of times when you're away from home. Not for daily use, not at ALL. But, hey, who wants to give up their morning routine just because they aren't in their own kitchen? I'd buy one just to have for trips. (I had one but gave it to little sister when she went overseas, it didn't last long as expected.)

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 06, 2012 03:23AM

Someone on here has used the Oster Beehive. It retails for less than $60. I have the VM but strange as it is, I am not always enthused about the smoothness. Sometimes I feel like I am eating pablum, LOL. And it seemed like my lower wattage model kept frozen fruit smoothies more icy. I am glad to have it but if you really cannot find a way to get a VM, I would try Amazon and the Oster. The KitchenAid I returned the same day. I thought it was VERY noisy (the VM is not noisy for its power).

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: February 12, 2012 05:41AM

HeavenHands did yours come with a lifetime warranty?? I saw a post where you mentioned a 5 year warranty and then coco mentioned she bought hers refurbished with a 7 year warranty same as new...but vitamix was always the better option because it has a lifetime warranty...i bought my vitamix in june and it came with a lifetime warranty no matter what...so when i spent the 489 dollars i knew that i would never be purchasing another blender which was so nice, since going raw i went through 6 cheap blenders in a year and a half...including an 80 dollar blender!! Congrats on taking the plunge they really do make things amazing!!!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 12, 2012 10:40PM

Well thx for the advice guys smiling smiley I might buy the magic bullet for travel only.
Meanwhile, I'll continue to use my 'sunbeam', old but reliable haha.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 13, 2012 07:03PM

geo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meanwhile, I'll continue to use my 'sunbeam', old but reliable haha.

Life is too short to live it without a Vitamix. If you like 'old', you can get a used one on eBay.
However, if you have a personal relationship with your old Sunbeam, I do understand......WY

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 14, 2012 08:31PM

umm... there is such a thing as operator error. Put a motorcycle in front of any newbie and record. The outcome isn't the machine's fault. banana who.... nawtee.. very nawtee. ;P

banana who Wrote:
> Someone on here has used the Oster Beehive. It
> retails for less than $60. I have the VM but
> strange as it is, I am not always enthused about
> the smoothness. Sometimes I feel like I am eating
> pablum, LOL. And it seemed like my lower wattage
> model kept frozen fruit smoothies more icy. I am
> glad to have it but if you really cannot find a
> way to get a VM, I would try Amazon and the Oster.
> The KitchenAid I returned the same day. I thought
> it was VERY noisy (the VM is not noisy for its
> power).

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: February 19, 2012 06:51AM

I have a blendtec wildside with the bigger carafe and 4 inch blade. I LOVE it...just wish it had a tamper like vitamix. They did just come out with an additional carafe that has these rubber mixer things that spin while you're blending. I wanna get that too!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:02PM

The nice thing about the magic bullet, or the tribest personal blender is you can make very small servings, say like making a salad dressing for one person.

I have an older model blendtec total, but I recently got the wildside carafe, whic I love.

Date: February 20, 2012 12:26AM

Yes, that's a good point Prana, thx. I'm buying one just for that reason and for travelling. I really like their infomercial, but their concept of time is a little out though....NOW IN ONLY THREE SECONDS YOU CAN MAKE ??? OOOOONNNNNEEEE...TTTTTTWWWWWWOOOOOO....TTTTTHHHHRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE...AND THERE IT IS...

Posted by: JohnGalt ()
Date: May 24, 2014 09:58PM

nrothgarden Wrote:
> HeavenHands Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vitamix's integrity is questionable, especially
> in
> > regard to Blendtec.
>
>
>
>
> Why is their integrity questionable?

Because they tried to copy Blendtec's jar technology and lost a $24,000,000.00 Federal Patent Willfull Violation suit for the damage they did to Blendtec. Lost in two lower courts and then lost again at the Federal Level on appeal as well.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables