Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: has anyone done a herbal detox colon clense beofre?
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 03, 2012 10:57PM

I read somewhere that raw cabbage like in cole slaw kills intestinal parasites.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2012 07:02AM

Too right gems, we've a bright future to look forward to.

Cabbage hmmm, well I juiced some awhile back, but my tastes think it's pretty foul and I have to mix it with apple or carrot juice. Jay Korvich reckons it's great though as well.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 04, 2012 04:02PM

I saw a news story not long ago about fresh cabbage juice (they had to mix it with other things to make it more appealing) cured ulcers. I think it was a prison dr. that tried it on his patients and all of them were cured.

[www.naturalnews.com]

Love,
Prism

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 04, 2012 07:53PM

Yeah studies have shown cabbage juice to be good for ulcers.

On the note of red cabbage, Dr.Greger has a good video showing the antioxidant value of many common fruits, vegetables and the most bang for your buck per dollar was Red Cabbage, well of the charts compared to your blueberries etc.

Red Cabbage is a very under-rated vegetable.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 04, 2012 08:07PM

Red cabbage being the purple and white one? I love the purple and white variety of cabbage. I've never juiced it though but I may give it a go.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 04, 2012 08:36PM

Yeah the purple one Prism, i love it also.

Being that i am only high raw these days i make up lots of raw coleslaw.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: February 04, 2012 09:28PM

Hey guys ,tell me what "high raw" is?

Date: February 04, 2012 09:50PM

Im probably not even that high raw these days, i am mostly cooked vegan but because i take so many calories in due to weight lifting i eat large amounts of raw foods probably 1500-2000 cals easy from raw foods alone.

I feel best this way.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2012 10:16PM

Do I have to juice the cabbage, can't I just eat it? Cabbage juice, ugh. Fermented cabbage though, YUM!

High raw = nearly 100%. I think. Either that or it means 100% raw.

Date: February 04, 2012 11:37PM

High raw is when a person is getting 75% or more of their calories from raw foods. The balance is from 'other' foods.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 05, 2012 12:44AM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Madinah, explain to me why then if it's the
> psyllium husk themselves that make the rope like
> strands that they aren't doing it each and
> everytime? I've been taking at least 2 drinks per
> day of the psyllium husk drinks and while the
> first weeks showed only bulky type stools, I had
> after 6 weeks the rope type skinny strands that
> only lasted for the 2 days.
>
> That alone made me a firm believer in colon
> cleansing with psyllium husks.
>
> Love,
> Prism

I don't think you should do this for long term, psyllium also pulls nutrients from the bowel. It is however a great tool just don't get too carried away with it like anything else.

Date: February 05, 2012 12:59AM

An even milder cleanse would be to just juice fast, and no that does'nt mean fruit. If you have IBS then you almost certianly have a weak immune system and are infested with pathogens. In the future you might try some oregano oil 3 drops under the tounge 3x a day and see how that helps your IBS you will notice right away if it is helping. If you have bad IBS then just hold it in the mouth for a while and let it absorb into your blood stream to avoid swallowing it. Leaky gut comes withh IBS alot of the time and that could make you sensitive to harsh herbs. You could start with two drops if needed also.

Date: February 05, 2012 01:10AM

If a person wants to get rid of pathogens then it would be better to stimulate the digestive system and strengthen the immune system. Some of the parasite remedies are not so bad but the Yeast remidies are pretty harsh and if a person unknowingly has leaky gut you could weaken and temporarily damage the system without even knowing it.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: February 05, 2012 11:37PM

@ gems

I'm experienced with this. For digestive problems, I'd recommend staying on a strict low-fat raw vegan (80/10/10) diet until the issue is fully cleared up. It's a great treatment for constipation and IBS for many people who try it. You should see daily progress.

If you want to bring herbs into your life, wait until you get better. Herbs can be very potent. Don't slam your body with them. Try one adaptogenic herb at a low dose and keep increasing it until you reach a full dose. Once your body is okay with that, try adding another herb if you like. Herbs are nothing to mess with for some people who have chronic digestive issues. I recently made the mistake of slamming my body with a complex herbal routine. The detox it induced was like war. I had NO idea what was still inside of me after 6 years of high RV. Don't get me wrong, I've experienced many positive benefits from taking herbs, detox included, but I could have done it a lot more gently. Honestly, it was scary at times, and unless you live in a place like Germany where docs are required to study herbalism, there ain't no doctor that's going to know what's going on with you when all that scariness starts coming out. They'll start screaming cancer and have you in for your dose of radiation at the GE made colonoscopy station. I think that herbal detox recipes are nothing more than mild poison formulas designed to make the body go into full expulsion mode. You don't need to do that. With GI issues, you should consider giving your GI a more gentle way to heal.

That's just my experience and what I would do if I could do it over again. Good luck.

Posted by: gems ()
Date: February 06, 2012 08:17PM

thank you everyone! im going to increase my cabbage intake! smiling smiley i love cabbage anyways. and look more into 80/10/10

heavenhands... thanks for your advice, what was your symptoms with your digestive problems? or just general weak system from mainstream diet?

i know that with ibs i should have a low imune system. and it is hard from day to day, some days having energy, some not so much, feeling rubbish, and stomach discomfort, sometimes sick, irregular bowls (either diarreh or constipation... sorry! smiling smiley ) just trying to give an example of where my tummys at... anyway... i know its not right and ive got a long way to healing and i expect that, but i think my immune system is good... or has been noramally. i dont get ill much, even when im around people who are ill. so i think my body is strong, just my digestive system needs some care and attention. so im sending it lots of love smiling smiley and tryint to work with body and mind to bring back the balance.

i brought a herbal clense, a 10 day one, and was going to try it end of feb (after my half mararthon, dont want to do too much at once! through march and april im going to chill alot and really focus on my diet, cutting things out and adding things, and really trying to listen to my body.

with the herbal clense i have, it says if you have any bad symptoms miss 1 or 2 doses then start again taking lower doses of them. my friend has done this one before and had good results. and i know someone else who does them, a different one and also has good results. i know my body is not in its best condition but i think i want to give the herbs a try, taking it slowly and just listen to my body along the way and see what happens.

thank you for your adivce heaven hands... i am going to look more into 80/10/10

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: February 12, 2012 01:29AM

Geo, do you do the enema and then implant the coffee when you do yours?? Doing it this way is very cleansing for your liver as well!!! I learned to make sure i did them in the mornings though, because although coffee and caffeine don't affect my body, they do when they are implanted haha!!! Green tea is another good one!! The best implant to do after an enema is wheatgrass!!!! IF you take probiotics you can open your capsule and mix it with the implant water as well!!!!

Dearest Prism, those rope like things you see in your stool has been researched and many now know it is said to be the mucus, and the more dairy you tend to eat the more of the mucusy strands you will cleanse from your body!! It is also a sign that your colon is cleansed and shedding the lining!!! You can ask many colon therapists at OHI (which is an all natural 100% raw vegan diet, consisiting of 3 days of juice fasting a week, only sprouts and veggies. some fruit in the morning for non hypo) with no supplements or cleanses, just plain raw food to cleanse, and many people experience rope like strands in their colonic sessions and with enema's on their own..Now if it were the actual product you were taking why is it showing up in people everywhere that don't take these products? Its amazing to see what your body can do, and people like to believe the average study or expert and not listen to their body! I had many times where i thought i was going to be sick, and my body would expell these rope like strands and nothing more randomly. It was during my cleanse that i learned so much!! There was a lady at ohi, who had boots with dye in them...they were the color of a dark sky and her feet had turned the color from wearing them....Now they say you absorb and detox most through your feet, and my best friend who is a colon therapist didn't believe so much truth in it. Until she did a colonic on the lady who had the blue feet, and during her colonic all of a sudden had BLUE stool...the same color as her boots...she had absorbed the dye into her feet and it absorbed in her body and colored her stool...they watched it go through the tube in amazement...Never underestimate your body and its abilites!!
miss you prism!!!!! oh and i miss those kumquats you brought to the potluck when you lived in cali!!!! smiling smiley
xoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 12, 2012 02:00AM

I still live in Ca. albeit farther north now. I miss S.D. area for all the extra amenities it offers. I like the rurul area and I would like a cottage in a rural area, but near more whole foods shops, and more of the things I like to do like swimming.

I believe that is true about the blue dye being absorbed by the ladies boots..and they say the color blue is the most or can be the most toxic. I'm just wondering it it's the natural substance cobalt or the synthetic that is most toxic. I know cobalt can be very toxic. That could be a whole subject on its ownsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Posted by: dammyg ()
Date: February 14, 2012 07:57AM

I've had digestive problems for a long time, and quite a bad diet for a while as well, so I had the doctor check my large intestine out with a camera which I watched on the screen as well and I can tell you my large instestine was completely clean, so I am very doubtful there is any kind of plaque like matter that can be cleansed out, atleast in the large intestine.

One thing I think does not get looked into much is water retention. If you have too much processed foods with sugars, white flour, salt, etc., your body ends up retaining more liquid than is necessary. You can remove water by using diuretic herbs and foods like raw onion and garlic.

Posted by: pippynostockings ()
Date: February 14, 2012 11:09AM

I started drinking alkaline water and a few weeks into it, started passing parasites and other things. I never did pass anything as large as you see in the pictures. It was a two month process for me. I passed tapeworms, eggs, pieces of rubbery stool and things that looked like they came of of a Dr. Suess book. It definitely cleans out your colon but slowly and safely. My husband likes the herbal Fiberblend by Aim.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 14, 2012 03:54PM

Dead as a doornail.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 15, 2012 12:38PM

How do you make alkaline water? with baking soda?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 12:39PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 15, 2012 12:42PM

I wouldn't recommend it, the digestive tract is meant to be slightly acidic PH for a reason, one for digestion especially of protein and various other nutrients which are acid dependant for absorption.

The other is that by neutralizing stomach acid you are shifting the PH to an alkaline PH which promotes opportunistic pathogens such as candida and bacterial overgrowths to take over.

Purposely manipulating parts of your body which are meant to remain slightly acidic to function correctly is not a good idea. The skin is another and when individuals purposely manipulate the skin to an alkaline PH issues occur such as vaginal infections. The skin again is slightly acidic for a reason i.e to keep opportunistic microbes such as candida in check. Antibiotics wipe these good bacteria out which secrete the various acids and anti-microbial compounds which keep these microbes in check or in their natural forms such as candida and yeast.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 12:44PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:28PM

I've heard that digestive problems comes from lack of b12.

Date: February 15, 2012 02:23PM

cy Wrote:
> I've heard that digestive problems comes from lack
> of b12.

Its more the reverese, digestive problems can cause a lack of vitamin B12 through impaired absorption usually lack of intrinsic factor.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 16, 2012 12:24AM

powerlifer Wrote:
> I wouldn't recommend it, the digestive tract is
> meant to be slightly acidic PH for a reason, one
> for digestion especially of protein and various
> other nutrients which are acid dependant for
> absorption.
>
> The other is that by neutralizing stomach acid you
> are shifting the PH to an alkaline PH which
> promotes opportunistic pathogens such as candida
> and bacterial overgrowths to take over.
>
> Purposely manipulating parts of your body which
> are meant to remain slightly acidic to function
> correctly is not a good idea. The skin is another
> and when individuals purposely manipulate the skin
> to an alkaline PH issues occur such as vaginal
> infections. The skin again is slightly acidic for
> a reason i.e to keep opportunistic microbes such
> as candida in check. Antibiotics wipe these good
> bacteria out which secrete the various acids and
> anti-microbial compounds which keep these microbes
> in check or in their natural forms such as candida
> and yeast.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

It's natural to drink alkaline water just not the modified stuff that people are selling these days.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables