Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Colon Cancer, help needed.
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:09PM

HHI studies show that sugar should be removed from the diet or reduced greatly. Also combining oatmeal with nuts is bad food combining.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 18, 2012 12:00AM

I've got some info to share should you find it useful. Also, I would like to share my personal opinion on the topic. Please note that this is my personal opinion based on the analysis of what I read and observed.

1. A video at [www.youtube.com]

Now, I do not believe the advertising in this video such as the one about water at the start of the movie. Nevertheless, this movie contains visual evidence of the fact that animal-based cooked food diet causes toxic deposits in the colon, which in turn lead to cancer. So, the important factor in healing is cleaning your colon. This can be achieved with the help of fully raw food diet. Anything that is not raw, needs a lot longer time to digest, and hence will stay longer in the colon which is detrimental. My personal belief is that it is best to go fully raw in an acute state of cancer.

Furthermore, hydration is VERY important in healing. So "I think" that besides drinking water, and eating raw foods only, avoidance of salt altogether is a good idea.

2. The colon of a cooked foodist seems to be full of toxins implicated in colon cancer risk, see the abstract below. I see this is as a scientific evidence which supports what I said above, that cooked foods cause toxic, carcinogenic deposits in colon.

J Nutr 1992 Apr;122(4):924-30
Shifting from a conventional diet to an uncooked vegan diet reversibly alters fecal hydrolytic activities in humans.
Ling WH, Hanninen O. Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio, Finland.
We studied the effect on fecal hydrolytic activities of adopting an uncooked extreme vegan diet and readopting a conventional diet. Eighteen subjects were randomly divided into test and control groups. In the test group subjects adopted the uncooked extreme vegan diet for 1 mo and then resumed a conventional diet for a second month. Controls consumed a conventional diet throughout the study. Phenol and p-cresol concentrations in serum and daily output in urine and fecal enzyme activities were measured. The activity of fecal urease significantly decreased (by 66%) as did cholylglycine hydrolase (55%), beta-glucuronidase (33%) and beta-glucosidase (40%) within 1 wk of beginning the vegan diet. The new level remained throughout the period of consuming this diet. Phenol and p-cresol concentrations in serum and daily outputs in urine significantly declined. The fecal enzyme activities returned to normal values within 2 wk of resuming the conventional diet. Concentrations of phenol and p-cresol in serum and daily output in urine had returned to normal after 1 mo of consuming the conventional diet. No changes were observed in the control group during the study. Results suggest that this uncooked extreme vegan diet causes a decrease in bacterial enzymes and certain toxic products that have been implicated in colon cancer risk.

Take care,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: February 18, 2012 12:28AM

rawgosia, Thanks that was good reading!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 18, 2012 02:22AM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now, I do not believe the advertising in this video such as the one about water at the start of the movie.

The video promoting Kangen Water is a gimmick to sell their water machines. Did you notice how a change in Diet was taken in each case of Colon Cleansing. The kind of water had little to do with it.
The best water is Distilled. I notice, with me, that Spring Water leaves a mineral residue......WY

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: February 18, 2012 10:28PM

PM me if you want my 60page anti-cancer file or 40page candida file.

Need to work on cancer/candida as one thing.
Detoxing and fasting to reduce freeradicals/inflamation along with increasing electrons (high ORAC foods), grounding, sunlight, vit D,
It doesn't have to be expensive...you can grow your own herbs, probiotics, veges...harvest wild and native plants, make tinctures...use kelp, clay, sun, water...composts. In Forbidden Healing: The Curiously Simple Solution to Disease, by Capt TC Randall he recommends high ORAC-that is high electron foods including megadose Vitamin C, wild oregano oil, raw coconut oil, clove oil, omega-3, colloidal silver, grapefruit seed, apple cider vinegar, cayenne/turmeric/cinnamon, iodine-lugol's and baking soda. Coming from NZ I would recommend organic teatree oil,

FRANKINCENSE OIL— Recently (2/9/2010) the BBC News ran the story ‘Frankincense – a cure for cancer?‘ which discusses the discoveries from joint field research between an overseas immunologist and medical scientists from the University of Oklahoma. The immunologist, Mahmoud Suhail, has observed that frankincense oil arrests the spreading of cancer and induces already cancerous cells to close themselves down. He is quoted to say “Cancer starts when the DNA code within the cell’s nucleus becomes corrupted. It seems frankincense has a re-set function. It can tell the cell what the right DNA code should be.” “Frankincense [oil] separates the ‘brain’ of the cancerous cell – the nucleus – from the ‘body’ – the cytoplasm, and closes down the nucleus to stop it reproducing corrupted DNA codes.” [www.florapathics.com]

and probiotic foods. If she lives in a place where garlic mustard grows wild...this is perhaps the most anti-cancer food

[jana-sovereignstate.blogspot.com] WHITE COCONUT KEFIR: Poke two eyes of a white coconut and remove the milk. Break open the coconut with a hammer and scoop out the flesh, removing the brown part. Blend the milk and flesh in a blender adding water to bring it to the 32 oz line, and adding 1 pkt of Kefir powder, and put in a quart jar with a lid. Fermentation times are recommended between 12 and 72 hours depending on the temperature and how active your kefir grains. You can add coconut kefir to the coleslaw also, use it in smoothies, or with fruit and nuts etc…
FERMENTED HERB TEA: Silicon rich powdered horsetail and Saccharomyces boulardii, with 1 Tbs of currents for the sugar. I decided against making beer because of the grains, but thought I'd try a fermented herb drink to get at the silicon more effectively. The idea with fermented herb teas is to make available the nutrients in the herb more completely without adding sugar or alcohol to the body, while increasing the probiotic count.
www.medicalinsider.com --Dysbiosis - Bacterial, Fungal & Parasitic Overgrowth

The Permaculture Book of Ferment and Human Nutrition by Bill Mollison

“OB GENE” METHYLATION AND CRUCIFERAE: Any weeds in your area from the Brassicaceae, cabbage, mustard family like Garlic Mustard are the best methylators. Even better than domesticated plants like kale. Diet correct or prevent gestational diabetes! Methylation is the process where a methyl group is added to the DNA strand that prevents the gene from being expressed. The methyl groups used in DNA methylation are often derived from dietary sources. Rats with the ob-gene that are genetically predisposed to diabetes and obesity can produce normal offspring if fed a highly methylating diet during pregnancy. The 'ob' gene appears to play a role in the signaling pathway from adipose tissue that in turn regulates the amount of stored body fat. The overexpression of the 'ob' gene in adipose tissue produces a mutated form of leptin released by fat cells which do not cause satiation as does the normal form of leptin. The extra DNA methylation from consumption of the Brassicaceae family of vegetables stopped the epigenetic expression of those genes related to obesity and diabetes. Also exercise while pregnant can ameliorate obesity and diabetes, especially in genetically predisposed offspring. [www.wildflowers-and-weeds.com]

GARLIC MUSTARD—(Alliaria pettiolata) is a biennial flowering plant in the Mustard family, Brassicaceae. This class one weed is arguably the most nutritious plant on the planet and is great in salads and smoothies. It has methylating (sulfur) properties similar to cabbage but more so, strongly conjugating toxins in the liver, brain and is radically anti-inflammatory in the digestive tract and joints etc... The mild tasting leaves can be used for flavoring in salads and sauces such as pesto, and it can be dried and powdered for smoothies and herb formulas. Seeds can be planted in a small section of your garden, but eat the flowers also to make sure the seeds don't get away on you because this is an invasive weed that can easily completely take over. Amend the soil with all kinds of organic nutrients such as kelp, banana peel, egg shells, diatomaceous earth, manure, green sand, shale, organic fertilizers and leaf mold you can use this patch of green as a means of getting the full complement of minerals into your diet. I call this Green Alchemy. Garlic Mustard seeds can be purchased from the UK. Garlic Mustard methylation may be one of the best defenses against GMO mutation and cancer/radiation! This sacred plant must be spread planet wide...grow, save seeds and send to your friends. The leaves in a smoothie represent immediate antiinflammation to the GI tract...they methylate and detox the brain and liver within days. If the probiotic cider was made from wild garlic mustard greens I intuit that this would be the mega-elixir of youth.
EAT THE WEEDS: Wildcrafted herbs and weeds from nature provide maximum nutrition for minimum cost. Weeds have superior RNA and DNA to cultivated plants as is evidenced by their tenacity, drought hardiness and disease resistance. Plants growing in the wild have a stronger survival-quotient than domesticated plants and a greater root depth, and so impart that super-lifeforce power, mineral quality and integrity to our bodies. You can even harvest water, edible flowers, resins, seeds, barks, roots, clays; leaves and grasses, and pine needles for making sunteas. You can also grow a flower garden to put into your smoothies with Magenta Spreen, Giant Goosefoot, amaranth leaf, viola flowers and other edible flowers.
WildManSteveBrill.com
eattheweeds.com —Green Deane
www.wildgardenseed.com/
www.gorawnow.com — DVD Free Food and Medicine By Markus Rothkranz, Heal Yourself 101 (See the Weed Smoothie on youtube).
www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-8513.html —Comprehensive List of Edible Flowers.Smoothie Recipes Using Edible Flowers:Rose Petal, Strawberry, Banana, Borage Flower, Blackberry, Orange, Peach, Jasmine Flower, Lime, Nectarine, Guava, Gardenia, Soursop, Passionfruit

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: February 19, 2012 12:54PM

I have practiced and been the recipient of body-mind therapies.
Colon cancer: Take a look at what is the @#$%& in one's life and eliminate it.
This helps emmencely.

Posted by: In_the_Woods ()
Date: February 20, 2012 06:41PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys, listen, thanks for the input but really,
> I'll take info on whatever you KNOW has worked for
> people, don't nay-say each other here. This girl
> has CANCER of the BOWEL. Seriously, think how you
> would feel if you'd been following a radical
> change in diet and lifestyle, doing all sorts of
> alternative things that you've researched, staying
> positive, working HARD at manifesting wellness but
> despite it all not getting any better...
>
> Let's not let dogma get in the way here. If she
> hears it and it resonates with her you bet your
> bu+t she's gonna give it a try. She needs to find
> something that actually works here or her last
> resort is gonna be surgery and chemo. Wouldn't you
> be ready to take a little something before that?
> Bet you would...

Hi Coco,

I was googling something or other Saturday and landed at these boards, and subsequently saw your posts about your friend's friend, and have been thinking about her since. I have been living with Stage IV colon cancer for five years (longer, really, but 5 since diagnosis), so i may have some of the credibility you are seeking. I hesitated to post, however, as despite being on an organic green-smoothie-chugging mostly-raw diet, i don't get into many of the "beliefs" espoused by so many raw foodies, and I don't care to argue about anything!

First off, what stage is your friend's cancer? That makes a huge difference in treatment options and urgency.

Has she had her primary tumor removed? It sounds like she hasn't, and [IN MY OPINION] surgery is far and away the best option to provide both relief from pain and effective removal of the mass that is trying its darndest to fill her body with lethal cancer. Actually, that's not just my opinion; there are numerous stats to back that up. For instance, average survival of Stage IV at diagnosis is 6-8 months without treatment (the tumor will fully block the bowel or metastatic disease will result in massive organ failure) and with surgery, that time increases to an average of 18 months. And survival rates have increased greatly in the past ten years.

Has she had any imaging done to assess whether her efforts are reducing the tumor load? If her pain is worsening that is not a good sign. (a bowel tumor and its related pains, especially if it has metastasized to other organs, can be awful)

As you said, she is "but despite it all not getting any better..." That's an important statement, and should be ruminated on! Why isn't she getting better? What helps? How can her health improve, and because she has colon cancer, can it be improved? (a harsh but realistic question) What can be changed? Added? Decreased? This is a time when - understandably - desperation can lead to lapses in critical thinking and grasping at perhaps-unfounded claims of miracle cures.

Please, please, consider accepting a bit of Western medicine. I'd have been dead in 2007 or 2008 if I hadn't had surgery followed by chemo. After the surgery and during the six months of chemo I started on the smoothies and path of raw and healthful eating. (yay!). The chemo is toxic, but cancer cells are pretty relentless little buggers, and by the time they grow into a tumor (bazillions of cancer cells) they seem to need more than positive vibes and greens to be diminished back to a level where one can live with them. I am not "cured" and still have active cancer but I am not in any treatment and I feel good. My liver's clean -- the chemo eradicated the half-dozen liver tumors, and i am "pretty sure" the diet, smoothies, and cutting out stuff like Advil have helped keep it clean. In other words, surgery and chemo enabled me to be here now drinking my green smoothie and typing. No surgery, no typing!

Does she have medical insurance?

Also for anyone else reading this, please be aware that colorectal cancer happens to people younger than the highly-publicized screening age of 50!! In the USA, there are about 150,000 cases of colorectal cancer diagnosed annually, and 10% are under 50! Many are in their 20s and 30s, and those numbers are increasing. I have cried many times in recent years over the young moms and dads who have struggled with the disease before passing. There are also many who are living with the disease. Much of survivability depends on luck of the draw, tumor makeup, staging at diagnosis, and response to treatment (whatever that treatment may include).

If her staging is III or IV, then her lymph nodes are involved, so the deep massages might be doing much more harm than good! Light massages might be better.

I guess in summary, what worked for me to keep me alive and kicking so far has been:
1.) surgery to remove the tumor growing in my colon (simple resection; no colostomy, though "bags" apparently are quite livable for those who need them)
2.) CT and PET scans and an MRI to determine the extent of the disease, and now CT scans every 3 months to assess status.
3.) Surgery for an implanted port to deliver chemo (removed in 2009)
4.) Chemo (Folfox and Avastin) Toxic? Yes! Difficult? Yes! Lose my hair? No! Keep working throughout? Yes! Tolerable? Yes! Eat the lunches (ham & cheese on white bread with Coke and pudding) at the hospital during infusions? No! Effective against tumors? Yes! Hideous CT scan at the start, beautiful scan at the end! Effective on everyone's tumors? No! I was lucky, but so are many others who "do" modern chemo mixes.
5.) Switched to eating mostly raw, organic foods with green smoothies providing the backbone of my diet. Whether or not this has had any medically measurable bearing on my survival, I have loved the change!
6.) Increased exercise! That has been handily proven to increase survival rates for Stage III patients (Jeffery Meyerhardt at Dana-Farber did the studies).
7.) Increased awareness of alternative practices and lifestyles, though I am still more traditional and suburban-dullard than I'd like to be.
8.) I never think of or refer to it as "my cancer" -- rather, it's "the cancer in me". That's a subtle but important shift in thinking that has helped deal with the disease. Also, I am "living with cancer" rather than "battling cancer" or "dying from cancer."

Feel free to ask me anything, Coco. I didn't find whatever info I was originally googling, but am so glad that your question was on the front page. Good ole fate strikes again! My story and opinions may go against the prevailing winds here, but I hope it's helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 06:47PM by In_the_Woods.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 20, 2012 06:49PM

In_the_woods, thanks for your reply, I've been passing info along to my friends and will forward everything you've said. We are in Canada so yes, she's got free medical coverage for treatments. She may also have something additional from her previous job that covers some alternative treatments. I don't know a lot of details but will inquire.

Thanks to everybody for their contributions to the thread smiling smiley.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables