Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Flouride
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: October 12, 2006 03:24AM

Is flouride bad for you or not? I like to eat a little dulse everyday, and 1/3 cup has 15% flouride. What is your input?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flouride
Date: October 14, 2006 09:06PM

Anyone?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 14, 2006 10:49PM

hahahahahahahahaha........ read this abstract all the way through (every word)... midway through you'll laugh, i promise:

Osteofluorosis caused by excess use of toothpaste

BACKGROUND: Osteofluorosis is caused by chronic fluoride intoxication. Fluoride is used in toothpaste for the prevention of dental caries, and dental fluorosis has often been reported among children and attributed to ingestion of fluoride toothpaste. We report a case of chronic fluoride intoxication caused by excess use of toothpaste in an adult. CASE: A 45-year-old woman consulted a rheumatologist for painful swelling of the fingers, phalangeal rather than articular. She also had brown staining on her teeth. Radiography of the hands showed periosteal apposition on the phalanges. Further work-up ruled out tumoral or thyroid causes. Laboratory tests showed elevated fluoride levels in the blood (50.9 micromol/L, normal<1.5 micromol/L) and in the urine (721 micromol/L, normal<46 micromol/L). On questioning, we found only one cause for chronic fluoride intoxication: excess and unusual use of toothpaste. The patient brushed her teeth 18 times a day and swallowed the toothpaste, because she liked the taste. She consumed a tube of toothpaste every 2 days, thereby swallowing 68.5 mg of fluoride every day. Suspecting fluorosis from toothpaste, we asked the patient to use a toothpaste without fluoride. Sixteen weeks later, the pain had ceased, and laboratory tests showed massively reduced but still elevated fluoride levels in the blood (6.9 micromol/L) and urine (92.7 micromol/L). CONCLUSION: In this rare case of fluoride intoxication, misuse of a normally innocuous product caused osteofluorosis.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

-----------------------------------------------

with regards to your question... i dont know, but dont eat any toothpaste ok smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2006 10:54PM by jono.

Date: October 15, 2006 02:59AM

LOL That's craziness. But that transcription reminds me of something I transcribed recently of a rheumatology report. (Not about fluoride, though! lol)
I don't think I will be consuming toothpaste anytime soon. winking smiley Anyway, I don't think the dulse has that much fluoride in it. Maybe I should just watch for the symptoms. Thanks for posting that report. Too funny.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2006 07:11AM

Flouride!!! Well, how does flouride combine with brain tissue? Heart tissue? Kidney tissue? Do you really need to ask?

Ron

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 15, 2006 10:26AM

I don't have any real understanding of this, but I think that if there is flouride in dulce, it is of a different form to the flouride they put in our drinking water and toothpaste. So I wouldn't worry about it. Try googling for more info on floride, there is a lot out there.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables