Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: been eating raw mushrooms but heard that's bad...?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 11, 2012 03:46AM

Duke,

I used common sense rather than scientific proof and studies to reason with you on this

Something tells me finding references for you would be a waste of time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Duke ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:54AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Duke,
>
> I used common sense rather than scientific proof
> and studies to reason with you on this
>
> Something tells me finding references for you
> would be a waste of time.

Are you going to keep attacking me or are you going to present facts? I dont see anything wrong about my claims. Ask anyone and they'd tell you that sugars turn to alcohol when fermented.

If you're correct and i am wrong, then i will be glad to admit that.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 11, 2012 07:08PM

Duke,

As a trained culinarian, I know very well what happens to simple sugars under fermentation, thanks.

It is hardly an attack upon you to take your statement implying that common sense trumps scientific data and answer that this would make my searching for said data a waste of my time. I assumed this was your way of saying, "I'm done entertaining this topic;" else why phrase it thusly?

You are familiar with the Googlz and can do a search of your own for polysaccharide bioavailability of medicinal mushrooms following fermentation. Reishi mushrooms, as I recall, would be a good start.

Lastly, this is not a contest and that's not how discussions are supposed to go here. Note: I am not asking for proof of what you posit: that all sugars--including tumor mitigating metabolic ones--in mushrooms are altered by fermentation to a useless degree. Obviously, this is information I can try to corroborate or refute on my own.

Posted by: paigep ()
Date: November 08, 2012 02:28AM

always cook mushrooms otherwise their decomposition produces agaritine which then breaks down into hydrazine which is carcinogenic and the basses of rocket fuel..

cooking foods generally brings out most of the beneficial properties and nutrients...

pls see Dr. donald abrams ucsf osher center for integrative medicine.

gyromitrin and agaritine are hydrazine derivatives found in the commercially produced mushroom species Agaricus bisporus.Gyromitrin is metabolized into monomethyl hydrazine.
Hydrazine (also called diazane) is an inorganic compound with theformula N2H4. It is a colourless flammable liquid with an ammonia-like odor. Hydrazine is highly toxic and dangerously unstable unless handled in solution.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: November 11, 2012 03:32AM

Nothing wrong with them in my opinion. Ancient humans used to forage; I'm sure that was part of their diet: [fresherthanlife.com]

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:42AM

I don't feel as good when I eat mushrooms. I am one of those weird people that smells mold when no one else does. I think I may be more sensitive to many things. I am also AB blood type with low stomach acid, so I have to watch myself.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables