Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Grazing all day vs eating meals
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: March 08, 2012 09:34PM

I'm converting to raw and during that process trying to figure out which eating habits I should change. I'm a grazer. Its terrible to be a grazer on a SAD kind of diet! But .. I like the idea of making a really large bowl of cut up fruit and having it at my desk for grazing. It will keep me from grabbing something that isn't good for me to eat. On the other hand, I suppose part of eating a raw diet is not just for nutrition but to help my body digest, etc. Now I've read that for most people, fruit will leave my stomach from 20-45 minutes if you don't combine it with anything else. So .. should I try to teach myself to eat fruit meals instead of grazing all day long? If I should give up the grazing, I may wait to give it up until I lose some cravings for other foods, unless someone wants to try to convince me that grazing all day is really not very good for my digestive system. I welcome any advice.

Re: Grazing all day vs eating meals
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:36AM

I personally find that my digestion works much better on 2 or 3 large meals a day, rather than lots of small meals (a large meal will stimulate peristalsis).

Also, grazing (especially on fruit) is not great for the teeth.

I have had a tendency to be a 'grazer' but I've gradually weaned myself off it. Raw foods seem to leave me feeling much fuller and energised for longer, when compared to cooked.

but, like you say, grazing on raw healthy stuff is no doubt better than the alternative.. could just be a case of giving yourself time to adjust.

Re: Grazing all day vs eating meals
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2012 07:26AM

Hi Molli,
I feel that either or is ok, but Lisa has a point with teeth and fruit. Do you like celery?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables