Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Getting Enough Zinc and Male Sexual Development..
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 15, 2006 12:30AM

zinc is needed for male sexual development and for proper puberty changes im guessing so how is zinc eaten in raw foodist lifestyles?

i think im seriously zinc deficient because im a teenager but i dont think im developing properly sexually, and no its not because "i haven't gotten there yet" its from years of bad high school eating soda and junk food i never got enough zinc from meat and now that i dont even eat meat im afraid i will never develop properly...

i posted earlier that i was going back to sad diet but not anymore!!! i loved the way my mind was on this raw lifestyle..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2006 12:31AM by confuzed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting Enough Zinc and Male Sexual Development..
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:06AM

confuzed,

What do you mean by "i dont think im developing properly sexually,"? Are you developing feminine traits, like breasts and wide hips and no facial hair?

Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc, if you are worried about getting enough.

If you start livng a healthful lifestyle, your body will develop properly.

Date: October 15, 2006 01:09AM

but this is why im confused. i thought seeds weren't part of what "nature intended" i remember reading something about we are meant to eat fruits because we dont have the stomachs for veggies and we dont have claws to dig up sprouts.. or something it made sense...

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:12AM

There is a lot more to raw foods than fruitatrian philosophies.

"Eat whatever you want" is mine. ;-)

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: October 15, 2006 01:22AM

oh and no i dont have feminine traits just im taking so long to develop and i never feel like doing it. like i never have a drive to do it and im a teenager so my drive should be super high, i dont exercise and have recently started intensely exercising everyday smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:28AM

It seems like you are trying very hard to remain confuzed.
Just common sense, eat a balanced diet, fruitarian is for the extreme few.
Most raw food experts of our times recommend a balanced diet. Victoria Boutenko, Ann Wigmore, Storm and Jinjee, Wolfe, .....
Even animals in the wild closest to us do not just eat fruit, they eat nuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2006 01:31AM by djatchi.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:31AM

Pumpkin Seeds! High in zinc, protein, the good fats, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and other nutrients.

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:09PM

I apologize in advance for this post -- it will be unlike me, but after reading this I have to say something.

Is there anyone else that thinks Confuzed is just yanking everyone's chain?

Wasn't it just a couple days ago that C raved about how sexually arounsed he/she was on the meat laden SAD diet and now this thread is yelping about no sex drive?

Just my .02

~raine~

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:32PM

I agree with Raine.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 15, 2006 05:48PM

maybe its a good thing that confuzed has a low libido
yer doing the world a favor

La veronique

President of " Stop the Propagation of Confuzed Species"

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 15, 2006 05:59PM

How old are you Confuzed? (Need to know this to answer your initial question.)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: October 15, 2006 05:59PM

Eat pumpkin seeds and cashews which are high in zinc.

You should also eat a high quality superfood supplement from
to ensure you are getting enough nutrients.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2007 05:00AM by Bryan.

Date: October 15, 2006 07:09PM

I was deficient in zinc as an adolesent (according to a blood test my mother had me take).

And I still turned out ok.

Imagine what a man I would be if I had been raw then! Maybe I'd be eight inches above average amd three inches above average (instead of five & one and a half).

Maca root and pumkin seeds have a good amount of zinc.

It's hard to find raw pumpkin seeds though (unlike sunflower seeds most pumpkin seeds are not raw). But then again it is Halloween time. winking smiley

Date: October 15, 2006 07:46PM

"hard to find pumpkin seeds."

Pumpkin seeds are so easy to find and buy. They sell them everywhere. Just go to a Whole Foods, Wild Oats,Farmers Market, Trader Joes, any health food store, even the grocery store may have them. I live in California and they are everywhere... maybe not the case where confuzed lives.... but I doubt that he would have a hard time finding raw pumpkin seeds.

I buy mine from:

goraw.com

..and they are the best I've ever had.

Date: October 15, 2006 08:12PM

This is the best pumpkin seed butter I have ever had:

[www.rawfood.com]

I eat it almost every day! It is delicious on cucumber slices and flax crackers.

I also love these sprouted pumpkin seeds:

[www.rawfood.com]

Mike

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:20PM

LOL Veronique! It's so refreshing to find another equal opportunity offender!

~raine~

Date: October 15, 2006 08:23PM

Lil D, I said it's hard to find "raw" pumpkin seeds (most are not techincally raw, though if you don't care about that distinciton it's all good smiling smiley).

Mike, that pumpkin seed butter is indeed good (though if you search you can find better prices than NFL's).

Date: October 15, 2006 11:51PM

im in my late teens. i was trying to ask specifically what fruits or veggies have most zinc, as im planning on staying on raw live food no nuts of seeds just fruits and veggies.

im pretty positive raspberries have the most zinc for a fruit. not sure about vegetables smiling smiley

Date: October 16, 2006 12:42AM

maca root is a vegetable and has a lot of zinc.

what's with the adversion to nuts and seeds?

Date: October 16, 2006 12:58AM

Raw nuts and seeds are live foods! Fruitarians even eat them. Sunflower seeds are also high in zinc. You seem to be contridicting yourself. You feel like eating a hamberger, but won't eat live raw nuts and seeds. I think you have a motive hear to get your kicks and not really be a raw foodist. Just my opinion!

Date: October 16, 2006 01:00AM

Typo: here not hear. There's no turning back, once you hit the post message button.

Date: October 16, 2006 01:09AM

no ^^ why does everyone think that? i thought there are things in nuts and seeds which are indigestible and that made sense to me that we're not supposed to eat them. but i totally understand that the point i just made in the last sentence is not always true and just because some things are indigestible doesn't mean we aren't supposed to eat it...

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 16, 2006 01:24AM

um.....

confuzed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but i totally understand
> that the point i just made in the last sentence is
> not always true and just because some things are
> indigestible doesn't mean we aren't supposed to
> eat it...

Huh?
because things are indigestible is precisely why you shouldn't eat them. i don't chew on my shoes because they are not nutritious, they are not nutritious because my body can't digest them, therefore, i don't eat them because they are indigestible. i don't eat wheat because i cannot digest it- and the things i eat which i cannot digest harm my body.
My son puts everything in his mouth, even that which is indigestible, and that is why i have to constantly look after him, because he can hurt himself by eating things that are not meant to be eaten.

Seeds and nuts are meant to be eaten. they have enzyme inhibitors, but these can be naturally and easily removed. and you can eat them even if you don't remove them, they still have some nutrition, just not as much. your body just has to work harder to overcome the inhibitors. they won't (all) kill you upon immediate consumption, nor will they pass through your system totally unchanged, meaning they are useful in some way and accessible to your body.

fruits are appetizing seed cases. nuts are appetizing seeds.

slow developement is genetic as well as diet affected. it's not a bad thing. i grew two inches after graduating from high school, and i'm a woman. what do you mean by slow developement?

hair? voice change? size? all of these things could be your own issues that won't change. depending on your age. i married a 19 year old over five years ago. things change in their own time.

Date: October 16, 2006 01:27AM

You can still eat them raw without soaking them and they are still good for you. However, if you soak them first, and maybe even sprout them if you can, you will get more out of them.

Points made:

Raw and unsoaked= good for you.
Raw and soaked= even better for you.
Raw, soaked and spouted= the best for you.

I personally eat goraw.com nuts and seeds because I'm too lazy to mess with the soaking and sprouting myself.

I will even eat the raw, Unsoaked Unsprouted if I want to save money and buy them at Trader Joes.

Date: October 16, 2006 01:27AM

i mean slow development in male reproductive organs. its because zinc is necessary for this and for years i wasn't eating meat (i was a bad vegetarian, mainly junk food) so i barely got any zinc, i barely got anything probably.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 16, 2006 01:34AM

you'd be surprised how your body will compensate at your age for things like this. look around, how many others ate worse than you and are fine. plus, they always add nutrients to processed foods, and zinc is in there.

i think we'd have a totally underdeveloped culture if your worries were well founded.

i'm curious as to where you get some of your ideas.

i don't think raw food is going to work to increase all your physical attributes to what you consider perfection. it's not that sort of a deal.

someone else can correct me on that if i'm wrong, but my eyes aren't turning blue, my hair's not going blond, i'm not growing to 5'10" and bronzing simply b/c i eat raw food. it's not magic, though some of the effects can be pretty amazing.

peace-

Date: October 16, 2006 01:34AM

Ok, just buy a zinc supplement. Lets wrap up this forum. I'm exhausted! NEXT!

Date: October 16, 2006 01:44AM

alrite im content to end the discussion here. thank you for all contributing i have seriously re-read everything over and over and taken as much as i can from each topic i post.

this is part of the reason im confused. if heated food is so bad how come it still has nutrients, i know it has less, but maybe thats why. using fire that was created for us we cook the food, it tastes better, we eat more of it to get the lesser nutrients. it tastes better therefore you eat more of it and get the less nutrients that are in it and become a stronger human (if fire was meant to be used on food, like grilled veggies in prehistoric times) does this make sense to anyone else?

Date: October 16, 2006 01:57AM

I personally do not disagree with you, tho balance is the key: 75% raw 25% cooked is my own personal motto that works best for me and seems more realistic for me.

Date: October 16, 2006 02:01AM

omg then wtf!!?!? lol you just said none of those things are happening to you (the eye color change) and other stuf because you eat raw but you dont

eating 25% of cooked foods is a big deal and of course nothing is going to change if you keep eating that way ?!?!?!? im confused...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables