Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is Cacao an unprocessed food? is it raw?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 15, 2006 12:36AM

is raw organic cacao (im guessing this is chocolate correct?) raw and unprocessed?

wow are there any Cacaoian diets? diets on strictly or mostly chocolate? i hear chocolate has lots of vitamins and nutrients so is this raw cacao good to eat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is Cacao an unprocessed food? is it raw?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 15, 2006 12:40AM

The only processing cacao should have undergone is being fermented, however the fermentation process takes the bean up to temps of 140F.

I eat and enjoy Cacao, although make raw foodish don't like it.

Now, sit back and wait for the comments about bug eating and rat @#$%&. ;-)

Ian.

Date: October 15, 2006 12:55AM

but is that process opposite of what raw foodists believe? im so confused...

all i want it to eat the way that will make me look the way i did a few days ago... im not a vain person and i hate talking about myself like this, but i just really enjoyed the way my eyes looked and the way my face kinda changed when i was eating only fruits. the change surprised me and made me appreicate my natural beauty, i was so happy to have beauty.

im guessing cooked foods revert this process..

do you think eating all cacao would be like eating processed and cooked foods?

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:09AM

I consider cacao to be a raw food, although many don't. (for the reason stated above)

I don't believe that anything raw would be like eating processed or cooked foods.

You seem to be looking for a magic bullet/solution type anwser to your quest, well i don't think there is one. More over, you have already answered your own question ages ago (the question or quest being "all i want it to eat the way that will make me look the way i did a few days ago"winking smiley.

It's simple, you've already proven how to do it, just eat raw. Don't be so hard or stict on yourself, no reason to jump into mono-fruit eat or look for superfoods to help you. I've already done what you want once before, do it again!!!

Did you read the replies you got on the "cravings" thread you started? Lots of great stuff their to help you get passed the cravings phase.

I think you have all (well most) of the answers (to which I say, WELL DONE!), just go and do it!

Good luck and cheers,
Ian.

Date: October 15, 2006 01:20AM

i guess you're right. i dont think even raw stuff would make me "puffy" or look different i hope not. i dont know how to explain my confusion.

I know how to explain it now i'll try. im not looking for an answer i just want to find what we were intended to eat its like unlocking an ancient secret or something, but i definitely understand this is a long process and it could be different for everyone.

also, i've been reading the articles and it always made sense to me like how we dont have 4 stomachs so we shouldn't eat veggies, plus they are unappealing to eat (not the way they taste but how they look) .. then it said seeds are undigestable or something.

i am well on my way now. i dont need to be so strict. i'll start with raw first, i can always go back to strict fruitarian, strict veggie eater, or whatever i wish smiling smiley

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables