Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Spiritual Dimension of Food, Why oranges are superior to bananas
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:51PM

"The proportion of water in any form or any part of a form is generally a good barometer of the vibrational level of the spiritual essence occupying that form. Most sweet fruit is very juicy, meaning that a high percentage of the fruit is water. By contrast, bananas are much drier, and one can conclude that the degree of spiritual refinement is less. As a general rule, a life-form that consumes another form with a higher water content than itself will increase its spiritual vibration, while the eating of a form with a lower water content will lower the vibration."
[www.whale.to]

That is why one should strive to eat high water content foods.

Re: Spiritual Dimension of Food, Why oranges are superior to bananas
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:20PM

Interesting. Thanks.

I don't do well with bananas anyway-- can only add 1 or 2 to a smoothie once in awhile. I much prefer juicier fruits.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:29PM

Interesting, but I don't agree with the quote.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:44PM

agree with Molli, berries, imho, are the best fruit and full of water but not that sweet.

Paul

I eat more oranges than bananas because I like them... but that's not much of a reason.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:10PM

The quote is more on the water content than on the sweetness.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:12PM

hmmm... iceburg lettuce... high in water but....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:27PM

That quote is "proof" of nothing more than a New Agey spiritual flakiness, lol.

Ah, this stuff was written by someone named "Hilarion". Some of it is pretty hilarious:
"The seat of all emotions is the bloodstream"
"The Wise Shepherds of The Race ..."
"... the spiritual essence of the fruit ..."
"The soul-stuff manifesting in The Vegetable ..."
"Of course, the blending of the 2 consciousnesses can only take place if the plant is eaten while it is still alive. If it is allowed to die before it is consumed, the human or animal takes in only the 'body' but not the spiritual essence."

Oh my...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 05:28PM by coco.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:36PM

Things should not be dismissed because they are not conventional, are humans the only species with spiritual essences?

Date: March 15, 2012 05:49PM

no, prunes have spiritual essences too. Indeed, prunes are the archtypical spirtual fruit. I once played poker with a prune on a Sunday but he got made and left when I made reference to "pruning" the bush out front":

Prune: I assume by "prune" you mean trim branches and leaves;

Me: Well yeah, I just...

Prune: save it, you know you hate us as fruits, why can't you just admit it, you just hate prunes.

Me: Well not for poker, but yeah I wouldn't make my first choice. Say would "dried plums" work any better???

Prune runs out :::slams door:::::

I don't know about spiritual essense, but them prunes are pretty fiesty!

Date: March 15, 2012 05:56PM

L.O.L.

!!! grinning smiley

Date: March 16, 2012 03:10AM

He is making good points

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 03:11AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 16, 2012 01:18PM

Funneee, Paul grinning smiley

RawPracticalist,

This is one person's opinion and is not based on sense--reason--but, I assume, his observations of the effects of certain foods on his body. He's philosophizing, and it's interesting. However, I find the language he uses in other quotes, as cited by coco, to be eerily close to how paleo people and survivalist hunters talk about their meat. This does not conform to my spiritual ideas about raw veganism. But I am not Hilarion, so that's OK.

P.S. Although I like bananas, oranges are my favorite fruit, so this is not a post from Team Banana smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 01:19PM by Tamukha.

Date: March 16, 2012 02:10PM

Team Banana! LOL! I'm not on team banana either, ha. If I had to choose it would be Bing Cherry for me. Yum!

Date: March 16, 2012 02:10PM

There is more [www.whale.to]
Very strong arguments againt eating meat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 02:16PM by madinah.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 16, 2012 03:32PM

Well if you go on the idea that the more water content of food is more spiritual... milk is full of water... bottled juices... hot meaty soups... so I'm not sure you can simply say the more liquid it contains the better... cause that would suck for those of us that can't eat oranges due to it's high acididifying nature...

"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man." Not that I think we should eat whatever and I do believe to treat the body as a temple... food is fuel for the body... reading and learning is food for the mind... love and kindness and giving and sharing is food for the soul... I believe that if I am thankful for the food I have and share this grattitude openly no matter what it is good for me...

love laugh and dream

Date: March 16, 2012 03:45PM

We are talking about living water, organic water in living fruits and veggies not bottled

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:06PM

Makes no logical sense but thats only my opinion.

Most dark leafy greens are low water by weight but i think most would agree that dark leafy greens are an important food for health. Water content of food means very little when it comes to health, it just so happens that quite a few fruits are rich in water. This is good for hydration and such but i don't see how anyone could make the assumption that the more water a food has the more spiritual it becomes.

But then again im not very spiritual lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 16, 2012 05:48PM

"Living" water. Sigh. Water is water is water is water is water. What's in there with the water makes a difference but water is water, H2O, samey samerson.
We sound like a bunch of fruit cakes to rational people who may be reading along when we talk nonsense like this.

Date: March 16, 2012 06:06PM

coco water is not water. water in a fruit is not the same water from bottled water. You tend to dismiss things that do not agree with your ideas which is fine but do take time to think before writing.
Organic water has been in the raw food literature for some time, it is not new

Dr Norman Walker lived to age 99 (1886-1985) on raw fruits + vegetables and their juices. Not bad for a sickly child who suffered chronic illness from the animal flesh and starches his parents fed him. Dr Walker reports in Become Younger (1949):

"Fresh raw vegetable and fruit juices furnish the body with the very finest quality of organic water ... I personally do not drink a glass of water a year except the hot water and lemon juice which I drink every morning upon arising ... I find that the lemon juice in hot water helps wonderfully to flush the liver and kidneys."

"On the other hand I have found that by drinking it cold it helps to stimulate the peristalsis of the intestines and frequently helps the early morning elimination."

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:16PM

For those of you who are open to seeing that all water is not the same, check out this free documentary: Water: The Great Mystery

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:32PM

The body is very complex. I know hardness (mineral content) could play a role in electrical signals. Then the ph level could play a role in bio functions.

Date: March 16, 2012 07:44PM

madinah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You tend to
> dismiss things that do not agree with your ideas
> which is fine but do take time to think before
> writing.

It's like you're talking to yourself here, how interesting.

Any water can become contaminated, any water can be cleaned. Water, H2O, is water. As I said before, what is IN WITH THE H2O can make a difference.
I personally think that eating juicy fruits and vegetables is a great way to stay hydrated and rarely do I drink water or much of anything else for that matter. But that's not because I think it's spiritually superior or any other such nonsense, I simple feel that the level of hydration I get from food is more than adequate.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:53PM

Eating water rich fruits is great, but if we are to go with this logic that only water rich foods should be consuming then we pretty much rule out greens, nuts, seeds, sprouts, herbs and all the other great foods which make up not only a healthy diet but have a number of amazing preventative health benefits.

[www.vegankingaom.co.uk]

Date: March 17, 2012 07:56AM

Coco, 'We don't know what we don't know'. smiling smiley

Date: March 17, 2012 08:00AM

Prana, that movie is no longer available due to some copyright infringement. Is there somewhere else that I can view it???

Thx, geo

Posted by: Duke ()
Date: March 17, 2012 04:34PM

Date: March 17, 2012 06:13PM

Very good documentary on water, thanks

Date: March 17, 2012 11:55PM

Thx Duke, so playing music changes the water, not the plants. The water in turn influences the plants, very interesting.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:40AM

I loved that piece about the prune running out and slamming the door.

Well, starting today I am going to become the mose spiritual being in the universe. I will become a 'watertarain'. Well, air also, if I can find living air also. A water-breatharian. I actually don't know if I could do that. I think my body would become constantly scattered from radiation. (currently doing a clinical with xrays)

It is interesting, as I often do desire fruit with higher water content. Most of the time I prefer high water over low water. And as of late I have been wanting a lot of high water stuff, and also very sweet stuff.

Date: March 18, 2012 03:05AM

Interesting stuff Mislu, and so do I mostly. It's something that I have ever thought about, but perhaps there's more to it than just dehydration or something like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables