Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wanting to start Raw
Posted by: allday ()
Date: March 16, 2012 10:50PM

Hi,

I have been wanting to really change my lifestyle and have been wanting to go Raw for a long while now. I really need to take care of my body and I was wondering if there is anyone out there with some tips or advice on how to begin this lifestyle change.

Thank you,

Cminer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wanting to start Raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2012 11:00PM

The very best way to start is just to increase the amount of raw fruits and vegetables you eat every day. Think about things you like and have more of them. Slowly replace the not so healthy things you eat with a better choice, all the while researching and reading and trying new things out. It's not a race, it should be enjoyable, it should never stress you out.
The newest version of Viktoria Boutenko's 12 Steps to Raw is a really lovely book, see if the library will order it in for you smiling smiley.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:08PM

#1 most important tip is to buy a blender and get into smoothies.

Smoothies are imo the perfect transitional tool from eating junk to raw.

I never even intended on become a raw foodist, but the benefits I got from getting into smoothies sort of just snowballed into full on raw.

Buy a blender tommorow and check out victoria Boutenko's green smoothy books. smiling smiley

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: March 18, 2012 10:14PM

My tip would be to buy a juicer before a blender, but just my personal opinion. I juice a lot of greens daily. I eat my fruit in its natural form.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 18, 2012 11:18PM

allday,

Welcome! Agree that starting by adding more and more raw plant foods gradually is the way to go. Find fruits and vegetables that you really like the flavor of, including trying ones you're unfamiliar with, and eat those in abundance until your palate adjusts. Eventually, more and more of the stuff that isn't beneficial to you in your present diet will be displaced by good, nourishing, delicious fruits and veggies. Good luck smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables